CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

@@Vader : The patch is currently in certification, and will thus likely be released this week.

What's in it? Do they have patch notes somewhere?

Reworked quitting/betrayal penalties and a fix for the downloading matchmaking data issue.

Full patch notes are coming when the update drops, like it has in the past.

All we know is this, from last week's community update:

Work has completed on the upcoming MCC content update, which will be entering the certification process within the next few days. The update will include improvements to ranking and other areas, new systems and temporary bans for negative behavior such as quits, betrayals, and idling, resolutions for getting stuck at the “Downloading Latest Data” screen, and more. The update will be made available as soon as it clears certification, and we’ll also provide full patch notes at this time. Keep an eye on Waypoint and @Halo to find out exactly when the update goes live.

But after 4 month there should be much more than what is mentioned there. Although I wholeheartedly agree that 343i has been dragging their feet with these updates, it is true that they have often been underselling the bugfixes in past updates. Stuff like Halo: CE-specific fixes have many times not even been mentioned in the final patch notes.

Thanks... seems really weak. Hope they put more support into it when H5 drops. Can't believe how fast reddit has forgotten about MCC. All aboard the H5 hype train  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks... seems really weak. Hope they put more support into it when H5 drops. Can't believe how fast reddit has forgotten about MCC. All aboard the H5 hype train  :weback:

Ha! F that! I'm not getting anywhere near that train :)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

But after 4 month there should be much more than what is mentioned there. Although I wholeheartedly agree that 343i has been dragging their feet with these updates, it is true that they have often been underselling the bugfixes in past updates. Stuff like Halo: CE-specific fixes have many times not even been mentioned in the final patch notes.

We can only hope. I'm going to be highly disappointed if these are the only fixes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't call those fixes lol

#nobulletmag

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I bit the bullet and started playing CE playlist with a timer. I have to say, maybe I was wrong about why I disliked it in the first place.

Although it still doesn't feel very natural, I have to say that fighting with people constantly to grab the power weapons makes the game feel more like a loss is really a loss, and not just bad luck. Having a lot of fun so far about 8 games in today.

Just curious, were you. intimidated by ce prior? kudos for enjoying it!

Ha! F that! I'm not getting anywhere near that train :)

Ill buy H5 no doubt. If its like previous sprint/Abiliy games ill dabble in it like a casual.

Hopefully this patch is good, hopefully its big and fixes alot of issues. At least then we have something we can play IF Halo 5 sucks, or simply for the people who dont want to "Adapt"

I wouldn't call those fixes lol

#nobulletmag

I don't think yuo are making a fair comment. Look at this list of solved issues: http://www.halobugs.com/#?s=most_recent?u=resolved

Many of these were not mentioned at all, e.g. camo fix, 'Flickering' Bug, Empty Weapons Don't Disappear When Dropped, etc. And some of these are quite important fixes.

I don't think yuo are making a fair comment. Look at this list of solved issues: http://www.halobugs.com/#?s=most_recent?u=resolved

Many of these were not mentioned at all, e.g. camo fix, 'Flickering' Bug, Empty Weapons Don't Disappear When Dropped, etc. And some of these are quite important fixes.

Showing 22 of 113 bugs.

Let's not rush to give them credit just yet.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Seriously though from the above link and regardless of priority it's showing 19.5% resolved for known bugs. That doesn't look so great where 343 is concerned. Just my opinion and maybe that 19.5% is a good number as far as resolving bugs for games in general? 

I'm not defending 343, as you seem to think. What I am getting at is that I find comments suggesting that they have done absolutely nothing are useless and, ultimately, wrong.

Yes, the launch was a disaster. Yes, the game still has plenty of game-breaking bugs. But still: something has been done. And often a bit more than what they tell us before patches. (The lack of transparency is an issue in itself, though. Trying to figure out what is prioritized and will be fixed is akin to Kremlinology...).

Why not direct the criticism towards the actual issues, instead of reiterating that 343i has done and will do nothing at all. With that mentality, why care about and post about upcoming patches at all? That puzzles me.

I'm not defending 343, as you seem to think. What I am getting at is that I find comments suggesting that they have done absolutely nothing are useless and, ultimately, wrong.

Yes, the launch was a disaster. Yes, the game still has plenty of game-breaking bugs. But still: something has been done. And often a bit more than what they tell us before patches. (The lack of transparency is an issue in itself, though. Trying to figure out what is prioritized and will be fixed is akin to Kremlinology...).

Why not direct the criticism towards the actual issues, instead of reiterating that 343i has done and will do nothing at all. With that mentality, why care about and post about upcoming patches at all? That puzzles me.

343 should be aware of all bugs by now, if they're listening, which I believe they are. Directing criticism towards each individual problem would be sort of difficult. Since only 22 out of 113 have been actually fixed. Besides that, r/Halo and Halo Bugs have lists of all the issues.

Just curious, were you. intimidated by ce prior? kudos for enjoying it!

Well, not really. I mean I knew that there are a bunch of factors in CE that contribute to victory than how good your pistol is. Many more factors than in other Halo games. That part was intimidating I guess. I knew against good players I would be conceding those factors to them, and the only way I knew I could compete was with a timer, and I didn't feel like using one. I thought it was cheap and took away from the mental skill of Halo. However, even if it takes away from the mental skill, the constant fights that mean something were nice. Like I knew if I couldn't kill the guy before he got to OS on Prisoner, he was gonna reel off 5 kills in a row with OS/Rockets/Camo. The timer informing BOTH teams that the fight for OS would happen gives us the opportunity to fight for the right for the advantage, rather than one team just stumbling upon OS after it comes up without knowing the time of the weapons in general.

I think the timer creating battles over weapons is more a more competitive option than trying to keep mental tabs on powerups and weapons. That is the opinion of mine that changed after playing the playlist with a timer.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well, not really. I mean I knew that there are a bunch of factors in CE that contribute to victory than how good your pistol is. Many more factors than in other Halo games. That part was intimidating I guess. I knew against good players I would be conceding those factors to them, and the only way I knew I could compete was with a timer, and I didn't feel like using one. I thought it was cheap and took away from the mental skill of Halo. However, even if it takes away from the mental skill, the constant fights that mean something were nice. Like I knew if I couldn't kill the guy before he got to OS on Prisoner, he was gonna reel off 5 kills in a row with OS/Rockets/Camo. The timer informing BOTH teams that the fight for OS would happen gives us the opportunity to fight for the right for the advantage, rather than one team just stumbling upon OS after it comes up without knowing the time of the weapons in general.

I think the timer creating battles over weapons is more a more competitive option than trying to keep mental tabs on powerups and weapons. That is the opinion of mine that changed after playing the playlist with a timer.

That's good to hear. The down-to-the-second metagame that occurs for things like nading down camo on Dammy vs nading it back, enriches the game and does a lot more to create depth than it does to take it away.

Also factoring the risk/reward of things like sharing power ups when the spawn...whatever cheapness is added from knowing times is blown away by the new depth that is added.

What exactly do you mean by mental skills? Did you play Halo 2 at all? That game has a built in timer, but only the team that got the last power up or power weapon would know the time that the next one is coming up. On lockout for example, if you have an empty sniper, you can drop it any time you want and only then will it be put on respawn. If you are on the opposing team you will not have a clue when the sniper is going to come back up. I don't remember anybody ever complaining about that aspect of the game though. Also, I don't think timers take away from the mental skill at all if both teams are using them (which any semi competitive player will be), it takes a lot of knowledge in regards to positioning and nade tactics to control power ups in CE. It requires more 'mental skill' than playing without a timer imo.

• Downvote (-1) 1

you should try quakelive :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

*Fixed Halo 3 aiming to be exactly like the original version
*Parties of four now only match parties of four

Put this in the next patch 343 and I'll buy h5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

you should try quakelive :)

I did, I was awful lol. I love that certain games we have today really explore the limits of our behavior with games.

Whether it's Quake Live being an arena of the ridiculous in terms of difficult aiming and timing, or Starcraft being a mental stress test, or League of Legends being a teamwork and meta sandbox. It's so cool to see players playing games out there and doing things that dumbfound you.

Quake Live was the most helpless I've ever felt, in video games or real life lol. Of course that was before I really started PC gaming. I took a liking to Counter Strike GO and now maybe I would make less of an ass out of myself in QL.

I did, I was awful lol. I love that certain games we have today really explore the limits of our behavior with games.

Whether it's Quake Live being an arena of the ridiculous in terms of difficult aiming and timing, or Starcraft being a mental stress test, or League of Legends being a teamwork and meta sandbox. It's so cool to see players playing games out there and doing things that dumbfound you.

Quake Live was the most helpless I've ever felt, in video games or real life lol. Of course that was before I really started PC gaming. I took a liking to Counter Strike GO and now maybe I would make less of an ass out of myself in QL.

Now the ultimate question would be, why can't Halo 5 have this type of gameplay at its core?

;)

Playing Halo 4 on the MCC has me excited for Halo 5 for one reason in particular:

No. Jetpacks.

I honestly don't think I'm going to ever make it out of the high teens in any of these playlists without a consistent group. Either I get Killtrox and the Tryhards and we stomp on the other team or I get Kenny and the Thumbless Wonders and I just don't have a backpack big enough for four other people.

Playing Halo 4 on the MCC has me excited for Halo 5 for one reason in particular:

No. Jetpacks.

I honestly don't think I'm going to ever make it out of the high teens in any of these playlists without a consistent group. Either I get Killtrox and the Tryhards and we stomp on the other team or I get Kenny and the Thumbless Wonders and I just don't have a backpack big enough for four other people.

What playlist are you trying to get a 20 in?