CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Doubt they'll wait. Once they've been out of certification in the past, it has gone out instantly. There's no point holding it if work on the content update is done.

Or they could hold out until Halo 5 drops to distract everyone and not remind people they're still patching this game after almost a year and that 343 was responsible for the worst release in console gaming history.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Or they could hold out until Halo 5 drops to distract everyone and not remind people they're still patching this game after almost a year and that 343 was responsible for the worst release in console gaming history.

In which case you would have heard "coming soon" up until November.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I bit the bullet and started playing CE playlist with a timer. I have to say, maybe I was wrong about why I disliked it in the first place.

Although it still doesn't feel very natural, I have to say that fighting with people constantly to grab the power weapons makes the game feel more like a loss is really a loss, and not just bad luck. Having a lot of fun so far about 8 games in today.

"Ive been racing cars for a while now with my eyes closed. So I bit the bullet and finally starting looking out the windshield. Wow. Its actually fun knowing where to turn."

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

"Ive been racing cars for a while now with my eyes closed. So I bit the bullet and finally starting looking out the windshield. Wow. Its actually fun knowing where to turn."

More like I was playing Forza on manual transmission when everyone else was using automatic, because I thought automatics cheapened the driving experience. The end result is me driving better and having better races, even if it still doesn't feel right.

I never understood why we can't undo reps.

@@Moa pls.

Forum software limitation, out of our control.

More like I was playing Forza on manual transmission when everyone else was using automatic, because I thought automatics cheapened the driving experience. The end result is me driving better and having better races, even if it still doesn't feel right.

Driving in Forza with manual is actually faster. 

But seriously, not using a timer in CE is ludicrous if you're even semi-serious about playing it.

But seriously, not using a timer in CE is ludicrous if you're even semi-serious about playing it.

Seriously though. Going against good players in CE and not using a timer is suicide

Seriously though. Going against good players in CE and not using a timer is suicide

I wasn't playing CE at all in the 2v2 playlist prior, because months ago when I was playing MCC last, I tried it a few times and just was getting massacred by people using timers. So I just avoided the playlist because I didn't feel like using a timer because it felt cheap.

And to be honest, I played about 12 games today in the CE playlist and I didn't really face any good players. I am no CE pro myself, but I think I won every game. Like, I don't know glitches, I don't nade weapons to myself, I don't know trick jumps. If I would have known that casual players played the playlist in addition to good players, I would have played CE 2v2 even without the timer.

Is this forum software open source? Better question, are you all using an installer for it or you actually compiling the software yourselves? Because if it's the latter, I could honestly just make a new widget for you guys... I don't think it's anything more than a HBoxLayout that needs a better button and padding lol.

Is this forum software open source? Better question, are you all using an installer for it or you actually compiling the software yourselves? Because if it's the latter, I could honestly just make a new widget for you guys... I don't think it's anything more than a HBoxLayout that needs a better button and padding lol.

It's IP.Board, and it's hard to code for it, it's paid and not open source.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's IP.Board, and it's hard to code for it, it's paid and not open source.

This guy knows.

343, is that you?

• Upvote (+1) 1

You gotta use manual with clutch, gives you such a huge advantage.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With the upcoming content update currently going through certification at least since the 2nd, you think it'll drop this week?

Has the update even been submitted into certification yet or are they still waiting? 

I use to hate it when people timed weapons/powerups in CE.  I was doing pretty well on my own relying on gun skill, a few nade tricks and my limited in game smarts, but once I finally started using a timer I began to enjoy the game much more.

That is unless I have idiot teammates...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has the update even been submitted into certification yet or are they still waiting? 

Submitted to certification.

With timers or without, I personally don't find the "chosen" gametype of 2v2 Slayer to be very fun except on Derelict and Longest (which are my 1st and 3rd favorite maps overall). I need action, mayhem, & scope. My favorite gametype for small maps is King of the Hill, with snipers being my fave on large maps. But anything with a large number of players (min. 3v3 for Slayer, min. 4v4 for CTF, min. 5v5 for snipers) can turn my crank. But, thanks to the concept of matchmaking, these kinds of gametypes (especially my all-time favorite, Rocketball) are hard to come by.

Ah, for the days of going up against eight KazeSims in PD, or Instagib in UT 2003... ^_^

• Upvote (+1) 2

Been out of the loop for maybe 2 months now... did they ever get a new patch out for MCC?

@@Vader : The patch is currently in certification, and will thus likely be released this week.