CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Bungie had it figured out since H2. Only ambient tracks between matches.

The overall theme of this console generation seems to be "ignore all the lessons we learned from the last decade."

they had it figured out in h1 too.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone have octagon Halo 3?

Anyone also know if were getting more doubles Halo 3 maps?

Atm were just playing Heretic, Heretic, Heretic, Heretic, Assembly, Heretic, Guardian, Heretic, Heretic, Heretic.. I HATE HOSTY MAP HERETIC. 

Need moar Black Out, Cold Storage, Construct.

Actually just throw them all in there.  

Bungie had it figured out since H2. Only ambient tracks between matches.

The overall theme of this console generation seems to be "ignore all the lessons we learned from the last decade."

I think a comment I read a while ago nailed it

"Why does every developer of a shooter act like there were no popular games before 2007?"

• Upvote (+1) 6

Why the fuck don't they just get rid of every SMG/AR start gametypes? Literally nobody has fun playing that.

Head over to waypoint and you'll find many, many terrible people like it. It's frightening.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Hardcore playlist, down 4-3 on Heretic flag, 5 seconds left in the game as we're running flag through car with no threat from the other team. Flag runner turns the corner towards our base as time winds down... and the game ends. No overtime.

DLuL4TP.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Bravo Can we please move the hardcore gametypes to a dedicated slot in the h2/h3 playlists??

Rather than getting out voted and being forced to play the game you don't want, you might be forced instead to play a gametype you don't like. This is infinitely better because instead of H3 guys being forced to play Halo 2, it will be halo 2 guys being forced to play h2 hardcore gametypes or vice versa. Additionally, considering it's usually the more skilled players that like hardcore, as you rank up you're more likely to run into opponents that would also vote the hardcore variants. Everybody wins.

As someone who votes h2 every time, I have yet to play more than 5 games where it wins the vote searching alone since h3 was introduced. All the other h2 players (including myself) have simply abandoned the playlist because of this, so it's only become even more dominated by h3.

The only way you can manage to get h2 games is with a team of 4, but even then somebody inevitably quits on the other team every single time. Please for the love of halo 2 either split the hardcore playlist or just move the h2 gametypes to the h2c playlist so I can enjoy MCC again.

Here's a link to the waypoint topic I made. Please go give it a like or something if you agree.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/let-s-talk-about-team-hardcore/5fd6c289-04b5-4d82-8106-0bd08e6241f0/posts

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

@@Bravo Can we please move the hardcore gametypes to a dedicated slot in the h2/h3 playlists??

Bravo hasnt been in the forum for almost 20 days now, chances are low hell ever read that man

and incase he does, fix the lead in CE please, right now theres no lead needed at all as the bullet magnetism compensates for it which is stupid

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would rather occasionally play the game I don't want as opposed to playing terrible maps with terrible settings over and over.

Not to mention if you don't go in with a team 90% of the TS players would be either terrible or immediately quit.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I would rather occasionally play the game I don't want as opposed to playing terrible maps with terrible settings over and over.

Not to mention if you don't go in with a team 90% of the TS players would be either terrible or immediately quit.

Do you not understand if you don't like h3 you never play the game you want to? As a halo 2 player that can only play the halo 2 classic playlist, you can only "play terrible maps with terrible settings over and over."

I know you hate halo 2 but you're just stupid if you think it's okay the way it is now. Idk where you're getting "TS players" from, but if all the hardcore h3 guys are in the h3 playlist how is it any different. Just rank up and you match them..

Not sure why I'm even humoring Rick, the undisputed shittiest poster on this forum.  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you not understand if you don't like h3 you never play the game you want to? As a halo 2 player that can only play the halo 2 classic playlist, you can only "play terrible maps with terrible settings over and over."

I know you hate halo 2 but you're just stupid if you think it's okay the way it is now. Idk where you're getting "TS players" from, but if all the hardcore h3 guys are in the h3 playlist how is it any different. Just rank up and you match them..

Not sure why I'm even humoring Rick, the undisputed shittiest poster on this forum.  :wutface:

If you had 3 friends you would never have your problem.  I don't understand why you are getting so worked up over it, if you don't want to play H3 I understand that, but your solution is no please nobody.  The people who play in the hardcore playlist don't want to play with the regular settings, do you not understand that?

Now if you came out and said that you think that H2 should be removed from the HC playlist (because it is obviously less popular than H3) and added to the regular H2 playlist as a voting option that would be a great idea, but to remove the HC playlist entirely because you don't like H3 is absurd.

Also, I feel that I am one of the elite posters on this forum.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

If you had 3 friends you would never have your problem.  I don't understand why you are getting so worked up over it, if you don't want to play H3 I understand that, but your solution is no please nobody.  The people who play in the hardcore playlist don't want to play with the regular settings, do you not understand that?

Now if you came out and said that you think that H2 should be removed from the HC playlist (because it is obviously less popular than H3) and added to the regular H2 playlist as a voting option that would be a great idea, but to remove the HC playlist entirely because you don't like H3 is absurd.

Also, I feel that I am one of the elite posters on this forum.

I've searched hardcore multiple times with a full team and people quit every game that isn't h3. That doesn't solve the problem.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Rather than getting out voted and being forced to play the game you don't want, you might be forced instead to play a gametype you don't like. This is infinitely better because instead of H3 guys being forced to play Halo 2, it will be halo 2 guys being forced to play h2 hardcore gametypes or vice versa. Additionally, considering it's usually the more skilled players that like hardcore, as you rank up you're more likely to run into opponents that would also vote the hardcore variants. Everybody wins.

As someone who votes h2 every time, I have yet to play more than 5 games where it wins the vote searching alone since h3 was introduced. All the other h2 players (including myself) have simply abandoned the playlist because of this, so it's only become even more dominated by h3.

The only way you can manage to get h2 games is with a team of 4, but even then somebody inevitably quits on the other team every single time. Please for the love of halo 2 either split the hardcore playlist or just move the h2 gametypes to the h2c playlist so I can enjoy MCC again.

Here's a link to the waypoint topic I made. Please go give it a like or something if you agree.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/let-s-talk-about-team-hardcore/5fd6c289-04b5-4d82-8106-0bd08e6241f0/posts

I've stopped playing now but after they added H3 I got to play only about 4-5 good games of H2 in the playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it's just people joining in late.

It was the announcement from H4 (360) "team mate joined"...and the game was H2A.

Yea that's what it says when someone joins in late.

Ok, just thought people joined in late because of fucked up game, not the actual JIP version. Playing MCC today and well...it is not that fun :-/

Ok, just thought people joined in late because of fucked up game, not the actual JIP version. Playing MCC today and well...it is not that fun :-/

Yup the game is still a nightmare. I'm holding out hope for the next (probably last) patch. This game is still so broken.

You know, having just recently completed the Mass Effect trilogy, I'm not sure why the ending to Halo 3 didn't get that kind of angry response. 

For being the trilogy finale, H3's ending was garbage, both cinematically/story-wise and gameplay-wise. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know, having just recently completed the Mass Effect trilogy, I'm not sure why the ending to Halo 3 didn't get that kind of angry response. 

For being the trilogy finale, H3's ending was garbage, both cinematically/story-wise and gameplay-wise. 

Definitely mixed messages.  The ad slogan was about finishing the fight but the ending left the door open for a sequel.

It may be called a trilogy, but it was really a standalone game and the sequels that were made after the fact.

I think the reason for the lack of backlash was simply because Halo isn't known for its campaign but that's what Mass Effect was all about.