CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I think you should remind me where you're from, I wanna say Florida?

New Jersey, sorta near Atlantic City.

Sounds great to me. You gonna be commentating?

I think a few of us will probably alternate.  I see Slob Murph, myself, and a few others getting on the mic.

No, it's just one guy who's trying to be witty.

oh yea

well at least my screen name isn't EAGLEBUM

HAAA

YOU JUST EAGLEBURNED 

FUCK WIT ME

Dude I could maybe drive down for this?? Maybe :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 1

let me guess, you have some argument that controllers are better for gaming and for FPS? 

No?

But I do like them more my self, I'm just a console noob tho. Fuck me right?

Man, Derelict can get silly. Anybody know if the reason for 30 second rockets this guy gives is true?

Pretty much, people who dug into the code will see that Rocks on derelict are actually labelled as "flamethrower". Theres another instance of it occuring in CE in one of the alternative weapon sets of a map. cant remember which.

How far into MCC will this LAN be happening?

Wizard maybe? It has two rocket launchers in CTF.

I think it has 2 flamethrowers on Halo PC so yeah.

I think it has 2 flamethrowers on Halo PC so yeah.

Wizard PC has 2 Flamethrowers along with the two Rockets.

Wizard PC has 2 Flamethrowers along with the two Rockets.

Pfft, power weapon fest. Noob

How far into MCC will this LAN be happening?

Probably not too far.  No date set yet, I gotta talk to Murph because I know he's gonna want to do a 4v4 LAN as well.

*Edit*

So guys... RRXB

I kinda stopped playing Halo 2 around the time that the Double Shot became popular, and I never used it.  Now that MCC is coming I've been practicing on my own and on XBC / Xlink.

One thing that I'm finding quite useful is RRXB.  In MLG settings, you get no secondary so Double Shotting "jams" your gun, but if you cancel that jam with a melee it's not so bad.  in the FFA's and such that I've been playing, I pretty much go for an RRXB every time I disengage line of sight with someone, and sometimes throw a grenade for good measure.  This is also useful when peekshooting across the map.

Of course, when you find another weapon you want to use YY, but RRXB seems very useful to me yet I've never heard it thrown around when discussing Double Shots.  What do you guys think?

Of course, when you find another weapon you want to use YY, but RRXB seems very useful to me yet I've never heard it thrown around when discussing Double Shots.  What do you guys think?

I'm assuming that's basically what you're doing, most people don't refer to it as RRXB and instead BXRRX. Does not require a secondary.

it's really insane how overrated the skill gap/button combos are in H2

rewarded way too much with them especially with the insane bullet mag

• Upvote (+1) 1

Button combos are extremely overrated anyway. Anything I learnt during Halo 3, Reach and 4 can be applied to shitting on idiots choking on  button combos and wasting time anyway.

• Downvote (-1) 1

@@Champloo Oh no, I was just using a melee to reduce the delay after doing an RRX. This looks awesome, although riskier than using YY since I assume you won't get the second double shot if you drop the first one. I had assumed this wasn't possible, silly me.

I think I'll continue to use RRX in safe situations and slowly add stuff like this to my game over time. I am trying to put myself in situations where dropping an RRX won't get me punished and it'a going well so far. There are definitely common situations where there's no reason not to attempt an RRX.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man, Derelict can get silly. Anybody know if the reason for 30 second rockets this guy gives is true?

"this is as real as it gets"

That's the truth, I've been on both ends of games like that more times than I can count with the exact same teams.

@@ImperiumVII

I can't see the video above on my phone, but:

Halo 1 was supposed to have a Flamethrower but it got cut. What is now a Rocket on Dere was supposed to be a Flamethrower, but it was changed to a Rocket when the Flamethrower was cut.  Bungie forgot to change the timer away from 30s when this happened.

Halo PC added the Flamethrower, but its inclusion doesn't have a direct link to Derelict.  The Xbox version of Halo 1 came before the PC version, and the PC version included the finished Flamethrower and Fuel Rod Cannon in multiplayer that didn't make the cut for the Xbox version.

On Halo PC, Derelict has a Flamethrower on "New" weapon settings, but still has a Rocket on "Classic" weapon settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How well do you guys think MCC will sell?

For reference the Xbox One has sold so far about 4.8 million units; and Titanfall, its best selling game (with its huge marketing push), has sold around 2 million units (not including the 300k sold for PC).

And while MCC has a lot of content, the games themselves aren't new. 

Anything more than 2 million would be surprising IMO.

Great videos, very good practical knowledge for competent players looking to get better.

How well do you guys think MCC will sell?

For reference the Xbox One has sold so far about 4.8 million units; and Titanfall, its best selling game (with its huge marketing push), has sold around 2 million units (not including the 300k sold for PC).

And while MCC has a lot of content, the games themselves aren't new. 

Anything more than 2 million would be surprising IMO.

You might be right that MCC itself won't sell huge, the impressive number that M$ is trying to capitalize is the number of Xbones sold after and around the time MCC is released.  I guarantee the number MCC will be a massive system seller which in turn sells other games too.

• Upvote (+1) 1