CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Like it having random properties making it shoot a little bit different every time.

I said the randomness, not the spread friend. Two different things.

You can have a random spread, and a spread that isn't random.

The spread is obviously very noticeable, I haven't forgot it. I am just assuming he meant the randomness of the BR when he said the BR was broken.

But I never wanted to discuss this, I only wanted to point out for my NameIsBeast, that there is nothing wrong with the beat downs and the grenades of Halo 3 in the eyes of many. You can't test if there is something broken about them (Unless there is a glitch or something, that's really not meant to be), It's just opinion.

I never said there was anything wrong with grenades or melees homie.

I never said there was anything wrong with grenades or melees homie.

Ironically, Halo 3s BR, Melees and Grenades are all broken. Nice

He said this. 

"though I could be wrong on that I haven't tested those things yet)". 

But you said this.

"God, you don't need to test anything blabla". 
Then I said this. 

And then so much this. 

"though I could be wrong on that I haven't tested those things yet)"

But you said this.

I said I haven't noticed anything different but I could be wrong. that means that I never specifically sat down and tested the differences, but as far as I am aware it's fine. How did you read that as "The grenades and melees are different?" Unless you have compared everything side by side you can't say with 100% certainty they are the same. That's was the point.

I said I haven't noticed anything different but I could be wrong. that means that I never specifically sat down and tested the differences, but as far as I am aware it's fine. How did you read that as "The grenades and melees are different?" Unless you have compared everything side by side you can't say with 100% certainty they are the same. That's was the point.

Because he's hating at the melee, the BR and the grenades of Halo 3. He obviously doesn't like the game.

I doubt there is any difference between MCC, and Halo 3 on the grenade and melee part. I can't feel it at least, with my 25k games experience of Halo 3.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because he's hating at the melee, the BR and the grenades of Halo 3. He obviously doesn't like the game.

I doubt there is any difference between MCC, and Halo 3 on the grenade and melee part. I can't feel it at least, with my 25k games experience of Halo 3.

Me neither. I was just being open to the possibility that maybe he tested something and found out some differences. If someone says there is a problem that I haven't noticed I take their word for it until proven otherwise. Sure I'm skeptical but I won't just discredit him based on my lack of testing.

Me neither. I was just being open to the possibility that maybe he tested something and found out some differences. If someone says there is a problem that I haven't noticed I take their word for it until proven otherwise. Sure I'm skeptical but I won't just discredit him based on my lack of testing.

You should discredit what he is saying because of his lack of testing, not yours. 

If I say bananas have started to grow on Guardian, you shouldn't believe me before I showed you proof. 

I have never heard a complaint about the melee and the grenades of Halo 3 MCC mechanically (as there is a difference) between the Halo 3 and MCC before. 

You obviously hear lots of personal complaints, that people have with the games. 

ME: I HATE REACH, THE GRENADES ARE SO BROKEN. THEY ARE SO OP, AND YOU MOVE LIKE A TURTLE. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You should discredit what he is saying because of his lack of testing, not yours. 

If I say bananas have started to grow on Guardian, you shouldn't believe me before I showed you proof. 

I have never heard a complaint about the melee and the grenades of Halo 3 MCC mechanically (as there is a difference) between the Halo 3 and MCC before. 

You obviously hear lots of personal complaints, that people have with the games. 

ME: I HATE REACH, THE GRENADES ARE SO BROKEN. THEY ARE SO OP, AND YOU MOVE LIKE A TURTLE. 

Those reach grenades would take out .5% of your shields and prevent you from recharging... 

I'm not taking this thinking in every day life. I'm talking about when people say they are experiencing a problem when they play. No one likes the "It's fine for me so it's fine for everyone" people. I was just being open to his opinion. I'm assuming he said this because something had happened to him that made him feel this way. So I'm taking what he is saying as a possibility because I personally don't know 100%.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

My BR and Sniper has gotten better in MCC. Seems fine to me. Then again Im from Ireland and harldy ever experienced a good connection on the 360.

giphy.gif

I'm not taking this thinking in every day life. I'm talking about when people say they are experiencing a problem when they play. No one likes the "It's fine for me so it's fine for everyone" people. I was just being open to his opinion. I'm assuming he said this because something had happened to him that made him feel this way. So I'm taking what he is saying as a possibility because I personally don't know 100%.

Yes, but mechanics and connection problems are not the same, and we may sometimes do something that can trigger a glitch that someone else hasn't experienced. 

But we should all experience the same mechanics. 

What if...they are completely overhauling that terrible unified UI, adding back in after-match lobbies, adjustable music levels, joinable custom games, and sprucing up the many bugs and glitches and weapon imbalances? And, what if it's a massive overhaul/update that does something very substantial to fixing the games much closer to being a "remaster" that's actually better than "just as you remember it"? And it's tied in with the overhaul the entire UI the Xbone is due for this fall/winter?

And, that is what is taking so long, and why they have been so very silent for so long?

Well, a girl can dream...

Ive been thinking the same thing for a while. Its been 13 weeks since the last CU, and to me it would make no sense to come out with a "normal" CU equivalent to the ones that took 4 weeks.

One of the selling points of the MCC before launch was that we would be able to play our favorite franchise for the life of the xbox one. In its current state (albeit ALOT better than when it was released) its still not where it needs to be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What if...they are completely overhauling that terrible unified UI, adding back in after-match lobbies, adjustable music levels, joinable custom games, and sprucing up the many bugs and glitches and weapon imbalances? And, what if it's a massive overhaul/update that does something very substantial to fixing the games much closer to being a "remaster" that's actually better than "just as you remember it"? And it's tied in with the overhaul the entire UI the Xbone is due for this fall/winter?

And, that is what is taking so long, and why they have been so very silent for so long?

Well, a girl can dream...

I highly doubt it. They've most likely transferred some of the MCC team to Halo 5, although at his point the MCC team could be a row of hamsters for all we know. Microsoft/343 don't want to remind people that they're still patching this game 10 months after release, that's just bad for business with Halo 5 around the corner. The next update will probably address dodging, connection issues, and hit detection if we're lucky.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Same here, I played the hell out of OG Halo 3(5 star gen/over 9K social BTB exp) and melee and grenades on MCC don't seem any different from OG. The big issue is mid-long range BR hit detection on MCC is poor whereas on the OG Halo 3 it was great, at least on a decent host. The Halo 3 BR isn't as terrible as all the H3 haters here make it sound, it's just not good on MCC due to 343's incompetence.

In a near simultaneous melee fight in h3 where each player has low enough shields where one melee will kill either player, the player that melees first (the better player) still dies.

Totally not broken.

With the movement mechanics in the game, spread randomness, netcode randomness, weak guns & grenades, long power item timers, entry level map design, and overall slow pace, there really is nothing salvageable about h3.

If you'll excuse me, I need to go set up for an h1 LAN tonight- something you'll never hear anyone say about h3.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yo dudes I like h3, I was just commenting on the BR shooting different, melees not connecting and nades sometimes coming out 2 at once :^)

• Upvote (+1) 1

In a near simultaneous melee fight in h3 where each player has low enough shields where one melee will kill either player, the player that melees first (the better player) still dies.

Totally not broken.

With the movement mechanics in the game, spread randomness, netcode randomness, weak guns & grenades, long power item timers, entry level map design, and overall slow pace, there really is nothing salvageable about h3.

If you'll excuse me, I need to go set up for an h1 LAN tonight- nothing you'll ever hear anyone say about h3.

I just can't not tell you this because I'd know you'd want to hear it so much. 

OPINION  :ghost:

• Downvote (-1) 3

I just can't not tell you this because I'd know you'd want to hear it so much.

OPINION :ghost:

I'm fine with h3 kids pretty much accepting their game is awful by playing the opinion card and leaving it there.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm fine with h3 kids pretty much accepting their game is awful by playing the opinion card and leaving it there.

No, I just don't see why I should waste my time .. Arguings with bigots is not what I wanna spend my time on this Saturday evening. 

If you'll excuse me, I need to go set up for an h1 LAN tonight- something you'll never hear anyone say about h3.

You're delusional if you think people don't lan H3

• Upvote (+1) 2

Totally not broken.

I agree that the melee system is bad in Halo 3(and every halo since). I thought Halo 2 had it right, the person who hits their button first wins. I'll still take Halo 3 over anything else on MCC every time. I love the graphics, physics, and can even deal with the BR issues on MCC. Halo 3 map design is amazing to me, at least for Big Team. Valhalla, Avalanche, Standoff, Rat's Nest, and Sandbox(in OG H3 BTB) are tough to beat. As far as guns on Halo 3, BR is powerful enough(despite MCC hit detection) and sniper, laser, rockets certainly do their job, shotgun works fine, so not sure what you mean by weak guns. AR isn't over-powered and it shouldn't be. What I like about Halo 3 is that there isn't an over-abundance of power weapons. Most battles that take place are BR vs BR, which is the way it should be.