CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Coming from a guy who lives, breathes, and dies by Midship... I have to agree.

Midship is my favorite map out of every map on this disc, and I have to say, I have no idea why it comes up 8/10 times in the doubles playlist.

To that point though, I always pick H2 over H3 and H4 in the Doubles/Hardcore playlist. I'll play Midship a billion times before I play another Bubble Shield fest on Heretic with non touch return flag and AR starts, ever again.

Granted I only play H2 also so I'm really not really getting the "over 100 map" variety I still expect more options....but if middy was touch return/flag at home to score wellllll

Ya, H3 hit detection seems much better on MCC than it did for me back in the day.

But that may be because I used to have horrid internet and now it's functional.

It is guaranteed your internet. The Mcc h3 isn't anywhere near OG netcode

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well I just found out that the awful connection issue that i've been having in MCC is happening to other people as well. I guess it sucks because there's nothing I can do about it. pls patch 343

So... Does anything in this game work properly yet?

More specifically, hows H2C doing?

Have you played the game in the last 3 months? If so it's the exact same. There hasn't been a CU since then.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Looks like Infection was fixed and Speed Demons added to BTB maps in Halo 3... not sure when it happened, but it did.

Have you played the game in the last 3 months? If so it's the exact same. There hasn't been a CU since then.

No, i havent played even turned my xbox on in over 3 months. But that's to bad. Was hoping to come home from my travels to a somewhat working MCC.

No, i havent played even turned my xbox on in over 3 months. But that's to bad. Was hoping to come home from my travels to a somewhat working MCC.

They've been "working on a CU" for the past 3 months. They haven't really changed anything except for adding Infection and Halo 3 Hardcore. So whatever this CU is it better be huge.

I've been having a lot of fun in the Hardcore playlist since Halo 3 was added back in. The BR's effectiveness is so inconsistent on a game to game basis though. One game it'll feel like I have host and the next game I'll experience such terrible hit registration. Still, it's definitely breathed new life into MCC, it brought back a good chunk of players from back in the day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The first time I try to play alone ever, I go into TS I get 4 kills you know the score is 4-0 on Cold Storage and all my teammates are afk...  Game is unplayable by yourself period.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has anyone else had their game just lock up and become unresponsive? Like in the middle of an H2C game my controller just stopped working. I could go to the home screen and move fine but as soon as I went back to my game it wouldn't let me move or do anything. Kinda stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Im not experiencing any of these issues. 

Because I'm not playing the game  :walshy:  not playing is a good option till Halo 5 launches. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Final straw. Just got my first Hail to the King since early Reach (in HCS no less), and the damn medal doesn't show up....

I get a medal every 5 seconds I stand in the damn thing, but get an extermination and a half and 343 just shits all over your dreams.

Interesting people saying that Halo 3 is a lot worse on MCC than Original. I am have significantly better bullet registration than original.

Definitely not placebo either. Probably just the fact that dedicated Australian servers make a huge difference than yellow-bar against Americans.

When I get a dedicated server that is.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Has anyone else had their game just lock up and become unresponsive? Like in the middle of an H2C game my controller just stopped working. I could go to the home screen and move fine but as soon as I went back to my game it wouldn't let me move or do anything. Kinda stupid.

This happened to me too. Playing ce solo on the mic. Suddenly I couldn't do anything in game just tell the guy responding to his call out. "Yeah I can't move or shoot. ."- "you serious dude? ". I mutter "fuckin 343" and turn the console off. Mcc truly is an insanity test- it always finds a new way to fuck with ya, just when you think you're desensitised to all its crap.

• Upvote (+1) 1