CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

False. Halo 2 is a mess on MCC. Spawns are completely screwed up in slayer variants, button glitches are inconsistent and the whole game is dark and unaesthetic.

At least the shots land. Halo 3 has the bullet registration of a potato. And if you zoom with the BR the bullets seem to travel slower. Plus the BR spread. Yea Halo 2 has bad melee registration and some iffy spawns but overall you can actually use your gun. Can't do that in H3.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Basically Halo 3 MCC is to Halo 3 OG as Halo 2 vista is to Halo 2 OG.

I don't know about that. I see people complaining constantly but I played well over 20 thousand games of Halo 3. Many thousands of those were on a real shit connection. Many thousands were on my current connection. The aiming is definitely different on MCC. The shot registration though? Nah. That is the same. I have a theory that a lot of people probably had a host box in OG H3 and so this now feels worse to them but it actually seems better to me most of the time. I remember just how bad the connection always was in H3. I had to actually mentally check myself to not think about the amount of bullets people were eating and distract myself from playing well once upon a time. The only other thing I can think of is that people just willfully forgot what it was really like to play Halo 3 or are maybe mistaking the weird feeling aim (by comparison to 360 they're both weird) and missed shots for the game playing badly.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Because they enjoy playing Halo 3 over Halo 2. Only on these forums is it cool to hate on Halo 3 all the time. Glad the Halo purists got Reach and H4 in return for their H3 hate.

False. Halo 2 is a mess on MCC. Spawns are completely screwed up in slayer variants, button glitches are inconsistent and the whole game is dark and unaesthetic.  

Someone came onto the forums with a mission today.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know about that. I see people complaining constantly but I played well over 20 thousand games of Halo 3. Many thousands of those were on a real shit connection. Many thousands were on my current connection. The aiming is definitely different on MCC. The shot registration though? Nah. That is the same. I have a theory that a lot of people probably had a host box in OG H3 and so this now feels worse to them but it actually seems better to me most of the time. I remember just how bad the connect always was in H3. I had to actually mentally check myself to not think about the amount of bullets people were eating and distract myself from playing well once upon a time. The only other thing I can think of is that people just willfully forgot what it was really like to play Halo 3 or are maybe mistaking the weird feeling aim (by comparison to 360 they're both weird) and missed shots for the game playing badly.

Last week I tested both games on split screen. Halo 3 OG bullet speed is a lot faster than MCC's. Like a lot faster. I know hit reg has always been a problem in Halo 3 (not that that's a good thing) but thy could've at least tried to fix it. My main problem though is the bullet speed especially while zoomed. It makes no sense.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Last week I tested both games on split screen. Halo 3 OG bullet speed is a lot faster than MCC's. Like a lot faster. I know hit reg has always been a problem in Halo 3 (not that that's a good thing) but thy could've at least tried to fix it. My main problem though is the bullet speed especially while zoomed. It makes no sense.

Would be interesting if true but I'd like to see an actual video comparison or frame by frame from someone to prove it rather than just assumptions

• Upvote (+1) 2

Would be interesting if true but I'd like to see an actual video comparison or frame by frame from someone to prove it rather than just assumptions

Can anyone who has the technology do it? I'm sorry I really don't know much about computer stuff. I want everyone to know I just have no way of showing it personally.

You can easily prove that the games play different by trying to do some jumps. Some are much easier, and others much harder.

But all the games have problems. They are all bad.

I just believe someone here is a little bit affected by someone else to hate on a certain Halo game. 

I hate Zenith, just doesnt play well in any game or playlist

Floating Asymmetrical maps suck, you have two people look different ways bam you see the whole map basically. 

I love CE but cant play it anymore.  I swear my bullets are blanks and my teammates don't have thumbs.

Why you should play infection on 10 sens

91kfPU0.gif

i play 10 sens on everything anyway D;
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Halo ce isnt og, halo 2 isnt og, halo 3 isnt og.

Halo ce is pc, halo 2 vista, and whatever halo 3 is. Halo 4 is the truest to the original.

For a game that has literally 100 and something maps in it it still feels like any other game with 13 or so. I thought the point of having four games on a disc was to encourage going back through it all, not playing the "fan favorites" (and I use that term sarcastically. I swear to god if I play zenith one more time I'm going to scream) over and over again. It's also funny how you can tell who is in your lobby when H4 is chosen over H2.

I know they say they change the weighting but it honestly does seem like the same maps/gametype variations over and over. In team doubles I would constantly get turf or a shitty midship objective game (KoTH or flag with no touch return or flag at home to score). Never have I gotten lockout BRs in 2v2.

I don't know about that. I see people complaining constantly but I played well over 20 thousand games of Halo 3. Many thousands of those were on a real shit connection. Many thousands were on my current connection. The aiming is definitely different on MCC. The shot registration though? Nah. That is the same. I have a theory that a lot of people probably had a host box in OG H3 and so this now feels worse to them but it actually seems better to me most of the time. I remember just how bad the connection always was in H3. I had to actually mentally check myself to not think about the amount of bullets people were eating and distract myself from playing well once upon a time. The only other thing I can think of is that people just willfully forgot what it was really like to play Halo 3 or are maybe mistaking the weird feeling aim (by comparison to 360 they're both weird) and missed shots for the game playing badly.

Ya, H3 hit detection seems much better on MCC than it did for me back in the day.

But that may be because I used to have horrid internet and now it's functional.

I know they say they change the weighting but it honestly does seem like the same maps/gametype variations over and over. In team doubles I would constantly get turf or a shitty midship objective game (KoTH or flag with no touch return or flag at home to score). Never have I gotten lockout BRs in 2v2.

Coming from a guy who lives, breathes, and dies by Midship... I have to agree.

Midship is my favorite map out of every map on this disc, and I have to say, I have no idea why it comes up 8/10 times in the doubles playlist.

To that point though, I always pick H2 over H3 and H4 in the Doubles/Hardcore playlist. I'll play Midship a billion times before I play another Bubble Shield fest on Heretic with non touch return flag and AR starts, ever again.

Because they enjoy playing Halo 3 over Halo 2. Only on these forums is it cool to hate on Halo 3 all the time. Glad the Halo purists got Reach and H4 in return for their H3 hate.

So Halo 3 "fans" liked Reach and H4?

Might have to play some H1 today for the lols. Wish me luck.

I start a 4 day weekend after my classes today.... Grind for those 50's :kappa:

Also, when you get a girlfriend, all you do is wish they'd go away so you have more time for videogames.

Real life intel.

So I'm not a bad person then?.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've known Smitty since early 2006, lol. That guy is hilarious. I drove to Athens, GA to LAN with him, D Shots and Campbellz and it was lit. 

Dude smitty and campbell literally are my best friends - Although d shots has like joined a cult or something now and never games.  But we all lived together back in athens for a few years.  Im kicking it with smitty this month -- small world.  I thought I remembered you being from GA, dang. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

In the last two months I have played exactly 20 games of MCC.

I wish I would have saved myself the time and played that little.  Granted I've probably only finished half my games due to quitters and the game crashing so I've probably played less in game time but at the cost of my sanity