CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

ugh I'm so sick of shotguns on Sanc

It's not just the shottys on sanc. It's the flag indicators and suicide/betrayal penalty that should be off as well.

Your questions were irrelevant.

How is a radar user friendly? Is that a real question? The radar gives lesser skilled/experienced players vital information that they do not have the skill/knowledge to obtain on thier own. Halo is not a very fun game when you never have a clue where the other team is.

Take radar out and the game would definitely become less fun for legions of players.

Precision weapons are...harder...to...aim. This is not rocket science.

You have a really hard time understanding that different people like different things. You've clearly spent too much time in the echo chamber of the hardcore community. You have literally no clue about how anyone outside of this niche community feels about the game.

If you enjoy crouching around on Snowbound be my guest but truth is that radar does make game play worse. Close quarters becomes who can out-crouch who and immediately eliminates any chance of being sneaky or clutch; on top of that radar makes it even easier for the better/tryhard players because they have a better understanding of the radar and how to abuse it even further. Also, there's a very easy way to tell where the enemy team is and it's by using those weird shaped fingers on your hands and moving those joysticks around. Anyone who honestly justifies radar most likely has gameplay that looks like this.

As for precision weapons I don't mind if there are automatics but they still have to have some sort of skill to them. The AR in Halo 5 is looking to make the gun competent at least. Also if the noobs or general community hates precision weapons then how come every AR spraying noob with a 117 service tag tries to betray me for the sniper? People like guns that shoot far and are effective. See for me I still play a lot of casual Team Slayer and stuff like that with my friends at their houses all the time and they would fall under the demographic you are trying to defend yet after playing with them they have started to gravitate towards precision weapons. It's because they understand that when you have SMGs and the other team has sniper and rockets it's fun for no one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you enjoy crouching around on Snowbound be my guest but truth is that radar does make game play worse. Close quarters becomes who can out-crouch who and immediately eliminates any chance of being sneaky or clutch; on top of that radar makes it even easier for the better/tryhard players because they have a better understanding of the radar and how to abuse it even further. Also, there's a very easy way to tell where the enemy team is and it's by using those weird shaped fingers on your hands and moving those joysticks around. Anyone who honestly justifies radar most likely has gameplay that looks like

As for precision weapons I don't mind if there are automatics but they still have to have some sort of skill to them. The AR in Halo 5 is looking to make the gun competent at least. Also if the noobs or general community hates precision weapons then how come every AR spraying noob with a 117 service tag tries to betray me for the sniper? People like guns that shoot far and are effective. See for me I still play a lot of casual Team Slayer and stuff like that with my friends at their houses all the time and they would fall under the demographic you are trying to defend yet after playing with them they have started to gravitate towards precision weapons. It's because they understand that when you have SMGs and the other team has sniper and rockets it's fun for no one.

This isn't about what you or I like. Pretty much everyone here is within the top 5-10% of the player base skillwise. Our opinions are going to be different than what average joe halo player thinks.

In order to discuss this game you have to be able to atleast try and see all viewpoints from an objective standpoint.

Based on veto stats bungie had, AR starts was overall way more popular than BR starts in h3. Its mind boggling, I know.

Hardcore settings are great. For hardcore players.

Based on veto stats bungie had, AR starts was overall way more popular than BR starts in h3. Its mind boggling, I know.

Average Joes like winning without a challenge. There aren't many more effective ways to win in Halo 3 than by owning the only BRs on the map.

People like winning without a challenge. There's not many more effective ways to win in Halo 3 than to own the only BRs on the map.

I seriously doubt dinoblaster1837 and gigabowser9000 are vetoing for ARs in hopes of setting up a killer spawn trap on the helpless AR opponents.

They're probably doing it because *gasp* they just find it to be more fun.

Mind blowing right!?

I seriously doubt dinoblaster1837 and gigabowser9000 are vetoing for ARs in hopes of setting up a killer spawn trap on the helpless AR opponents.

I, in fact, love spawn trapping my opponents by keeping AR starts, thank you very much.

54c7288cb504a3354c0ee5627dcab0bd.png

• Upvote (+1) 8

I, in fact, love spawn trapping my opponents by keeping AR starts, thank you very much.

54c7288cb504a3354c0ee5627dcab0bd.png

Ha

• Upvote (+1) 1

They're probably doing it because *gasp* they just find it to be more fun.

Mind blowing right!?

Yeah it's fun for them, but the problem is, the weapon balance in H3 is awful. So even if they aren't looking for a spawn trap, the reality is one team will be because some team is gonna get the monopoly on BR's. The problem is not that we don't want people playing casually to have fun, but we want starting weapons that don't let you snowball the game just by grabbing onee weapon.

Yeah it's fun for them, but the problem is, the weapon balance in H3 is awful. So even if they aren't looking for a spawn trap, the reality is one team will be because some team is gonna get the monopoly on BR's. The problem is not that we don't want people playing casually to have fun, but we want starting weapons that don't let you snowball the game just by grabbing onee weapon.

I dont think you've seen many low level games of h3. These people couldn't spawn trap 4 derankers.

1)Your questions were irrelevant.

2)Take radar out and the game would definitely become less fun for legions of players.

3)Precision weapons are...harder...to...aim. This is not rocket science.

4)You have a really hard time understanding that different people like different things. You've clearly spent too much time in the echo chamber of the hardcore community. You have literally no clue about how anyone outside of this niche community feels about the game.

1) Again, flawless debate technique. Some of the Presidential candidates should try this one.

2) No it would become more fun. Just because an unskilled player THINKS they want a certain setting doesn't mean they actually want it - it only means they don't understand it and how it effects gameplay.

3) Here's the real rocket science... Casuals always advocate for AR or SMG starts because they say it promotes map movement and makes the BR a power weapon on map. Well, you could have precision starts with automatics on map and it promotes what they want even further - provided the skill based matchmaking is in place. Scrub players won't be able to effectively use the starting weapon... promoting map movement to find the autos... which would be a power weapon in a game with unskilled players. Then the casuals get what they want and so so the competitive players in one unified playlist settings.

4) You couldn't be more wrong. I'm only just in the fringes of being a competitive player. Yes all I want is to win but I don't follow the pro scene at all and never have. In addition to that all of my friends are casuals and clueless to any deep knowledge of the game and are kinda scrubs that I have to carry every game.

I dont think you've seen many low level games of h3. These people couldn't spawn trap 4 derankers.

You say that like I play on a high level. I can be competitive but I mostly play casual. In H3 you don't have to be some genius to spawn trap. Once you grab the BR's the trap makes itself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You say that like I play on a high level. I can be competitive but I mostly play casual. In H3 you don't have to be some genius to spawn trap. Once you grab the BR's the trap makes itself.

lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

1) Again, flawless debate technique. Some of the Presidential candidates should try this one.

2) No it would become more fun. Just because an unskilled player THINKS they want a certain setting doesn't mean they actually want it - it only means they don't understand it and how it effects gameplay.

3) Here's the real rocket science... Casuals always advocate for AR or SMG starts because they say it promotes map movement and makes the BR a power weapon on map. Well, you could have precision starts with automatics on map and it promotes what they want even further - provided the skill based matchmaking is in place. Scrub players won't be able to effectively use the starting weapon... promoting map movement to find the autos... which would be a power weapon in a game with unskilled players. Then the casuals get what they want and so so the competitive players in one unified playlist settings.

4) You couldn't be more wrong. I'm only just in the fringes of being a competitive player. Yes all I want is to win but I don't follow the pro scene at all and never have. In addition to that all of my friends are casuals and clueless to any deep knowledge of the game and are kinda scrubs that I have to carry every game.

1. Your questions were strawmen. They weren't relevent in any way.

2. Wow. Elitist much? That kind of logic doesn't even deserve a real response. You are clearly not receptive to other people's viewpoints.

3. Baffled

1. Your questions were strawmen. They weren't relevent in any way.

2. Wow. Elitist much? That kind of logic doesn't even deserve a real response. You are clearly not receptive to other people's viewpoints.

3. Baffled

You don't know what a strawman argument is.

I explained in my fourth point the kind of people I regularly play with - I clearly am receptive to other viewpoints.

And if you're baffled by a straight forward explanation, based on the very reasoning of the people you claim to be arguing for, maybe an online forum isn't for you.

• Upvote (+1) 3

New players THINK that the radar helps them find people. All it actually does is show skilled players where they are. If there are any maps with verticality radar is the worst possible thing for a team trying to get top control. Just look at Construct with radars. One of the worst experiences of all time once a team gets top control.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I clearly am receptive to other viewpoints.

Lol

You just said casual players are too stupid to actually know what they like and find fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

New players THINK that the radar helps them find people. All it actually does is show skilled players where they are. If there are any maps with verticality radar is the worst possible thing for a team trying to get top control. Just look at Construct with radars. One of the worst experiences of all time once a team gets top control.

But what Cooper is saying is that "fun is subjective."

Apparently some people enjoy getting shit all over.

New players THINK that the radar helps them find people. All it actually does is show skilled players where they are.

This may shock you but there are games of halo that are played in which there are no skilled players present.

In fact, the overwhelming majority of halo games are played this way.

Yep. If radar is needed on a 4v4 map to find people, then that map shouldn't be in a 4v4 playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 6

But what Cooper is saying is that "fun is subjective."

Apparently some people enjoy getting shit all over.

Fun is subjective 100% of course lol. But what I see people arguing, is that they only think it's fun because that's all they know. Radar seems like it helps, but if they don't understand the radar system it's doing more harm then good.

I just think 343 should do everything they can to point the game towards HCS style play. Of course there will be casual playlists and such but put more emphasis on HCS. It's funny, I think the biggest problem is the name because it's so intimidating.

I also agree with whoever said to put it in the first slot, they need to get people to try it.

Lol

You just said casual players are too stupid to actually know what they like and find fun.

I get that you don't know what a strawman argument is but you don't know what "receptive" means either?

I don't have to AGREE with every opinion to be receptive to it.

And yes, some casual players don't have enough information to know what is and isn't fun.

Take jetpacks for example - Seems super fun. But in reality they break map design and make the game substantially worse in a very objective way. But many players would advocate for jetpacks and then complain that the maps are all terrible - without ever seeing to connection between the two things.

This may shock you but there are games of halo that are played in which there are no skilled players present.

In fact, the overwhelming majority of halo games are played this way.

Numbers? Because few games have absolutely no skilled players. And all it takes is one guy who understates radar to abuse it.

Fun is subjective 100% of course lol. But what I see people arguing, is that they only think it's fun because that's all they know.

That's an assumption.

One that based on factual evidence and my own personal experiences that I would have to disagree with.

Lol

Your average casual player couldn't accurately explain to you what map control is. I don't want this to come out like I hate dem casuals but they seriously should have no voice in how competitive and ranked modes are played. Every successful e-sport game right now is balanced towards the highest level, and somehow it works out for them.

I'm sick of reading and tired of this community trying to make the game worse. This is the only upcoming "competitive e-sport" game that has a community that resists competition-styled gameplay. I mean, I don't give a shit about the people that get on each day to grind out some action sack or infection, but it seriously makes me angry when you see kids who can't play trying to dictate how Halo should work.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's not saying they are stupid. It's saying they don't understand the game enough to know the most fun settings. They only tried it this one certain way and they think that's the best way.

For example, when I first played CE, using the AR was fun because that's all my brothers and I knew. Was this the most fun setting? Well after a while we learned the pistol was very difficult but very powerful, so we stared using that instead. The fun we had after that was much much greater than when we were using AR's. The point is that we shouldn't make settings to please people that only play for like 2 hours a month. They will more than likely play anything, even competitive settings (not necessarily a competitive playlist) because that's all there is to play.

• Upvote (+1) 4