CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I agree with what I learn about game play for the most part. I don't agree with statements that I have seen contradicted far more often than supported.

I think what we're all frustrated about and yearn for, is if the base game resembled competitive settings from the start, it'd be just as popular, and we wouldn't have to fight for common sense.  People have just been fed garbage as the default for so long that they're used to it.  

And there is seriously something to be said for whatever playlist says Team Slayer, and whatever playlist is at the top.  I'm convinced they will be popular no matter what, because people don't read and they just want to play TDM. A perfect example is Super Slayer vs Team Slayer in Reach.  Super Slayer was clearly the better playlist, but had a fraction of the population because people just play whatever playlist is called Team Slayer.  

And as long as there is good skill matching/party restrictions, then they'll still have fun, because the settings are superior.  That's why we use them.  Whatever fun is to be gleaned from using cheesy shit to get kills ends as soon as someone does it to you.  Other games that have good competitive settings by default do just fine.  Ours would be no different if we didn't segregate them in a different playlist with an intimidating name.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ever since this latest update I have had to worst time connecting to people. I cannot connect to some people in particular especially if they are host or if I am host their game will crash or mine will. 

1. I have reset my internet multiple times AFTER 10 minutes

2. all of my ports are open 

2015_08_29_16_07_44_Film_TV.png

3. My firewall is disabled and so is Port Scan Detection and IP Flood detection, basically there should be nothing blocking the connection. The only other thing I can do is set my Xbox to DMZ. 

2015_08_29_16_09_35_Film_TV.png

4. I cleared both my 'Persistent storage' 3 times and Alternated the MAC address through settings.

5. My download is 30.35 Mbps and Upload is 1.64 Mbps with 0% packet loss 1480 MTU and 198 ms from Australia. 

6. I have 147.8 GB free storage on the Xbox One and my in-game files out of /50 is full. 

7. I have 440 friends on my friends list where I heard people have problems with the amount of friends on their friends list.

8. I am connected to my modem via an Ethernet cable and not wireless!

I just don't understand what else to do. Ever since this latest MCC update I have had the worst connection to people. I can still search matchmaking and connect to certain people but others I have no luck even with disabled firewalls and open ports. 

I hate the people abusing the rep system on this game, I legit haven't played on my main account in a week an I get on an my rep basically went green to red without even playing a game.  Legit everyone I play with has red rep an all of us have to play on alts.  Hell even some of us have gotten red rep on alts an now are on 3rd accounts just because we want to play.

I never thought in a million years being good at a video game would be punishable but sure enough it is...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate the people abusing the rep system on this game, I legit haven't played on my main account in a week an I get on an my rep basically went green to red without even playing a game. Legit everyone I play with has red rep an all of us have to play on alts. Hell even some of us have gotten red rep on alts an now are on 3rd accounts just because we want to play.

I never thought in a million years being good at a video game would be punishable but sure enough it is...

Yep. I just hit red on my main today so now I have to stomp on an alt just to get games. Sucks for all the level 15s out there that are having their experience ruined because I can't even play competitive games for another 10 levels.

gg 343/microsoft

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just don't understand what else to do. Ever since this latest MCC update I have had the worst connection to people. I can still search matchmaking and connect to certain people but others I have no luck even with disabled firewalls and open ports. 

Maybe the update corrupted some MCC files, you have problems only in the MCC? If yes, try deleting the game updates/cache/etc and at last resort reinstall the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate the people abusing the rep system on this game, I legit haven't played on my main account in a week an I get on an my rep basically went green to red without even playing a game.  Legit everyone I play with has red rep an all of us have to play on alts.  Hell even some of us have gotten red rep on alts an now are on 3rd accounts just because we want to play.

I hate the reputation system itself. It's a total cluster and there is literally nobody you can talk to about it. Customer Support just tells you to contact the Enforcement team and they will either ignore you or reply to you with an automated copy/paste message. How can Microsoft justify suspending players' online matchmaking privileges when they haven't broken code of conduct or terms of service?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Exactly my point. Thank you.

Obviously I disagree.

Fun is subjective.

I agree with what I learn about game play for the most part. I don't agree with statements that I have seen contradicted far more often than supported.

I think it is a case of wishful thinking.

Read your post. Cause and affect are unrealistic.

And changing its name doesn't magically make it fun.

And making it default doesn't make it fun.

He brought the conversation back to the topic. Your questions didn't stay on topic.

From the help section:

Replying

To add a post to the topic, simply scroll to the bottom of the page, and start typing in the reply box. 

To quote another post in your reply, you can either click the Quote button beneath a post, or use the multiquote feature. Multiquote is used when you want to quote more than one post in your reply. Select the Multiquote button underneath the posts you want to quote, and you will notice that the button will change color. At the bottom of the page, you will notice an informational box appear with the total number of posts you have added to multiquote. You can multiquote from different pages in a topic, or even different topics in the forum. When you are ready to post a reply with the posts you have quoted, simply click the "Quote Posts Add Reply" button.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yep. I just hit red on my main today so now I have to stomp on an alt just to get games. Sucks for all the level 15s out there that are having their experience ruined because I can't even play competitive games for another 10 levels.

gg 343/microsoft

I hate the reputation system itself. It's a total cluster and there is literally nobody you can talk to about it. Customer Support just tells you to contact the Enforcement team and they will either ignore you or reply to you with an automated copy/paste message. How can Microsoft justify suspending players' online matchmaking privileges when they haven't broken code of conduct or terms of service?

So stupid I wonder if that big Xbox One update will just get rid of the rep system and hopefully they make it to where you can't make unlimited accounts because dbags will legit report you on 20+ accounts.

Something definitely bugged out with the update because I was full green yesterday, got on this morning and all of a sudden my rep says I need work.

No, your damn system needs work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So stupid I wonder if that big Xbox One update will just get rid of the rep system and hopefully they make it to where you can't make unlimited accounts because dbags will legit report you on 20+ accounts.

I hope so. In one of the threads on the Xbox One Support forums, a support agent said "we are looking into some things regarding reputation". They're probably getting overwhelmed with complaints by now, so they have to do something.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So it gets pointed out that H3 hardcore is using the wrong Construct TS variant and it is fixed in like a week..yet multiple people have been tweeting Bravo, posting on forums, etc. that the H2C hardcore gametypes are incorrect for months and nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So it gets pointed out that H3 hardcore is using the wrong Construct TS variant and it is fixed in like a week..yet multiple people have been tweeting Bravo, posting on forums, etc. that the H2C hardcore gametypes are incorrect for months and nothing.

ugh I'm so sick of shotguns on Sanc

why is halo 3 the only game with radar in the snipers playlist? Is that how it was on the 360? are they keeping all the snipers settings consistent with the original games' playlists? and why is it called TEAM SLAYER for H2A when all the other games say team snipers?

I don't understand why people even leave rep with how slow the whole menu system is on the Xbox One. Takes 20 seconds to load up "view gamertag".

Just shows how much people nowadays don't want a challenge, it's sad.

why is halo 3 the only game with radar in the snipers playlist? Is that how it was on the 360? are they keeping all the snipers settings consistent with the original games' playlists? and why is it called TEAM SLAYER for H2A when all the other games say team snipers?

I'm pretty sure it did have a radar. As for being consistent with H3 360 I wouldn't say so as there was no Sniper KotH (or Sniper stat-whore as it should be called). If you were talking about purely slayer though then yeah I guess they wanted to be consistent...too bad they didn't feel the need to do that with the BR.

Way to make zero attempt to answer either question I asked. That's a super cool debating strategy. You can't be wrong if you don't say anything!

And how is no radar not user friendly? Radar isn't an advantage, sure it helps a player know where his opponent is but it also gives up his position.

But the biggest problems with radar are that it leads to less fun gameplay by encouraging lame ass crouch walking and acts as a crutch preventing players from learning about positioning and awareness.

Radar makes Halo play like a watered down version of itself. Take it out from default and the game doesn't become less fun or more unaccessible to new players.

And what makes precision weapons not user friendly?

Your questions were irrelevant.

How is a radar user friendly? Is that a real question? The radar gives lesser skilled/experienced players vital information that they do not have the skill/knowledge to obtain on thier own. Halo is not a very fun game when you never have a clue where the other team is.

Take radar out and the game would definitely become less fun for legions of players.

Precision weapons are...harder...to...aim. This is not rocket science.

You have a really hard time understanding that different people like different things. You've clearly spent too much time in the echo chamber of the hardcore community. You have literally no clue about how anyone outside of this niche community feels about the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone actually like this Cooper guy?

Sorry. Am I ruining your elitist circle jerk?

People like you are the reason most of the community looks down on the hardcore community. You have no respect for opposing viewpoints and you look to bully out anyone who isn't simply parroting your own opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It was like that on 360 so they kept it. 

As for H2A gametypes, a lot of them are commonly named incorrectly. It's still Team Snipers, it just isn't called that.

Sorry. Am I ruining your elitist circle jerk?

People like you are the reason most of the community looks down on the hardcore community. You have no respect for opposing viewpoints and you look to bully out anyone who isn't simply parroting your own opinion.

I didn't even read this current conversation. I just saw you debating something stupid again.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I didn't even read this current conversation. I just saw you debating something stupid again.

How would you know it's stupid if you didn't read it...

• Downvote (-1) 1

How would you know it's stupid if you didn't read it...

I've read your previous arguments and come to the conclusion that most things you will argue about are dumb. 

We bang, okay?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I've read your previous arguments and come to the conclusion that most things you will argue about are dumb.

We bang, okay?

Yes, everyone who has a different opinion than you is a fucking, ******** moron.

Things are starting to heat up.

II. RESPECT OF OTHERS

• We have a zero-tolerance policy in regards to harassment.
  • You may not threaten, attack, or demean others.
  • You may not "bait" other users into poor behavior.
  • Passive-aggressiveness is absolutely not allowed.
  • Debates and arguments should be mature and insightful.
  • Constructive criticism is allowed - outright bashing is not.
  • Bashing or attacking of the game, developer, staff, sponsors, etc. is not allowed.
  • Arguing with staff publicly about moderation will not be tolerated.
  • Reputation should be used to acknowledge the quality of a post.
  • Excessive and unwarranted negative reputation will not be tolerated.
  • Bashing or harassing Beyond or Staff on social media/sites can result in a ban.
  • Bashing or mocking Premium features can result in a ban.

C'mon sirs.

• Upvote (+1) 1