CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

You guys ever felt like H2A lacked a map or two? Worry not, for the Forger behind this map understands you perfectly and has you covered! Relieve your best memories in H2A, starting today!

I never thought that map could get any worse. And then I saw the Hornets.

• Upvote (+1) 4

He's still a beast at h2 though, but who was he playing with? I think many people would consider APG a "Halo 3 kid" or w/e but don't realize he's competed a bunch during h2 FFA's and placed pretty well that way. A decent number of later players were very capable Halo 2 FFA players. Regardless of that I stand by your point about how sad it is that everyone is unwilling to learn something new or difficult.

I agree with this, I don't think he's bad at H2 at all (in fact he was an outstanding FFA player), but H3 is where it got real for him and most pros who still compete in this era. Most of their practice went towards that. Even after Reach/H4 came out, a lot of them found time to go back to H3 and grind out competitive settings.

Meanwhile, the few people who will vote H2 in the hardcore playlist most likely have not stopped playing the game since H2 and kept grinding via XBC or since MCC came out. It only makes sense that they would be dominant at it.

Knowing this, a lot of people playing hardcore just for H3, enter H2 hardcore games with an already defeated state of mind, and don't really try if it doesn't look like it's going to work out. I've played with a lot of people like that in the past few days, it bothers me a lot because no one puts in the effort to understand setups, timing, counter setups, spawns, etc. but you can't just force your teammates and argue with them over it when it's just about 1 game of H2 matchmaking in 10 of hardcore, so it's whatever and you just let it go.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was watching Snipedown's stream yesterday, and it's astounding how bad the H3 pros are at H2. They played a Beaver Creek game against a to4 H2 guys, and they only got 1 OS and made no real attempt to hold Red. Nearly got steak'd. So of course afterwards everyone's like "I'm done fuck Halo 2". It's just sad how unwilling to learn everyone is.

A lot of them constantly cry about Halo 2 and don't stop talking about how much they would rather play H3. It's sad.

• Upvote (+1) 3

A lot of them constantly cry about Halo 2 and don't stop talking about how much they would rather play H3. It's sad.

Apparently because Halo 3 is the much more skillful and entertaining game to watch according to Snip3down's chat yesterday.  -_-

Sounds like half the hardcore playlist now. These kids see h2 get picked and instantly know they are gonna get shitted on. So they just back out and dodge. A team of h3 pros against the top xbc people from h2 is probably going to the xbc crowd at this point. H3 is terrible I dont know why so many people are fond of it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sounds like half the hardcore playlist now. These kids see h2 get picked and instantly know they are gonna get shitted on. So they just back out and dodge. A team of h3 pros against the top xbc people from h2 is probably going to the xbc crowd at this point. H3 is terrible I dont know why so many people are fond of it.

It was the first Halo a bunch of people played and/or got good in. Which is why they think it's the best. This is why it gets picked so much in any multi-game playlist, even if it's something awful like ARs on Snowbound over Midship BRs in Team Slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I back out but only because my scuf doesn't work on h2, it does on hcs and h2a though. I doubt that's why everybody else leaves though..

I back out but only because my scuf doesn't work on h2, it does on hcs and h2a though. I doubt that's why everybody else leaves though..

What do you mean it doesn't work?

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you mean it doesn't work?

I have grips and trigger stops, it doesn't allow my shots to fire, if I wamt it to shoot I really gotta hit the trigger for it to work.

Kinda considering selling my Xbone.

I did that and bought a ps4. Had that for a couple years before jumping back to xb1. As bad as halo is now, its still the game we grew up with and it will always have a strange draw to it.

The anniversary addition of halo 2 is awesome .

It allows to relive those amazing past moments with all new graphics which wouldn't be a pain in the eyes cause original halo 2 graphics were awesome in its time but are a pain now cause of getting used to new graphics.

Anniversary graphics are awesome

I have grips and trigger stops, it doesn't allow my shots to fire, if I wamt it to shoot I really gotta hit the trigger for it to work.

Aren't you able to re-adjust the trigger stops?

Seriously why is Ghost Towns weighting far greater than the pit or narrows in the H3 playlist?

• Upvote (+1) 5

I did that and bought a ps4. Had that for a couple years before jumping back to xb1. As bad as halo is now, its still the game we grew up with and it will always have a strange draw to it.

The XB1 has only been out for two years. lol

And I'm 99% sure I wouldn't go back.

Aren't you able to re-adjust the trigger stops?

Yeah you'd think so but you cant, they're right in with the panel of the controller.. kinda sad

Apparently because Halo 3 is the much more skillful and entertaining game to watch according to Snip3down's chat yesterday.  -_-

His chat knows whats up  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah you'd think so but you cant, they're right in with the panel of the controller.. kinda sad

Hmm.. That's interesting to know. Need to look into that. Thanks man.

On the Xbox One Elite controller, you can. With a flick of a switch too. I'm looking forward to that controller more-so than Halo 5.

I was watching Snipedown's stream yesterday, and it's astounding how bad the H3 pros are at H2. They played a Beaver Creek game against a to4 H2 guys, and they only got 1 OS and made no real attempt to hold Red. Nearly got steak'd. So of course afterwards everyone's like "I'm done fuck Halo 2". It's just sad how unwilling to learn everyone is.

That will be death of this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I quit every game that is Halo 3 in HC. I cannot believe it's in there. I hate 343i with every part of my being.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That will be death of this game.

I can't believe they just wouldn't make it 2 separate playlists. I literally cannot get a single game of halo 2.

I don't mean to stick up for any of the dodgers etc

But people want to play the game they're most fond of.

That's why people bought the MCC, some people may have bought it for a new experience but the vast majority didn't.

As for cross game playlist they do not work, take Ranked Team Slayer for a example.

Also as soon as HCS ended, did any pros hop to the Hardcore playlist when it was just H2?  Not really, as soon as Halo 3 was added they all hopped over.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Would have loved if 343 would have somehow included assassinations in MCC in halo 2 and 3 cause I just live that cinematic action.

20121209231022!Santana_giggle.gif