CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

People can get 50's in Halo 3 coming from Europe/Asia/Australia. 

Bite your teeth and you'll win. 

Why put up with all that dumb shit just to get a number next to your name?

• Upvote (+1) 2

H3 in hardcore has officially killed this game for me. Peace everyone and good luck with your frustrating nights on MCC goals of 2015.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No, I am just saying you don't have to resort to Halo 4 to have fun. Halo 4 isn't fun. 

I am assuming your lagg is no more worse, or better than those of Europe. 

Winning is fun. Europeans manage to get 50's, they win. What I am saying is get a team together and you'll forgot all about the lagg. 

Thanks for letting me know what I'm experiencing.  I didn't know that when I was irate at people eating shots and getting undeserved kills on me, I was actually having fun.  I really value your uninformed assumptions.

• Upvote (+1) 1

TIL

depends on who you talk to.

Its either Hang em high or derelict. very rarely damnation. Personally I think derelict is the worst competitively, spawns can be very brutal and it is the definition of cascading advantages. Though, I hate playing some people on damnation more. Especially on MCC where you can hear where people spawn across half the damn map.

Oh and damnation is the worst in 4v4s. Wizard, rat race, longest all play better. 

It should be it's own playlist tho

i agree 100%.  I hate Halo 2 but I feel for the people that want to play it; I experience the same thing in doubles.  h2 is always the first option, it's very annoying.

• Upvote (+1) 7

It really takes 2 days just to get out of orange/red rep? That's fucking ridiculous.

Yep around 2 days to get from red to orange in a game like Hardline where you have 63 other players in a lobby.

The system is completly flawed. I googled a bit about this problem. Its unclear explained. They say you have to "play games with other players, without getting reported" to get the rep back up. But its unclear if you have to finish games, have a lot of recent players or just need time.

The sad thing is that I saw forum post from people complaining about this issue that are more than a year old :/ Doesnt look like its getting fixed soon.

I was also voice banned for 24 hours. I couldnt talk/hear in partys, I couldnt use skype, or send messages, or stream. And that even if I dont have a single report about voice communication.

I payed for the console, game and XBL. And the Xbox customer service is the biggest joke. They completly ignore everything that has to do with the rep issue. All the people just get a standard message, no matter how good or detailed they explain theyre issue.

Without Hardline/Smite/WoT it would be literally impossible to get out of red.

I hope H5G ignores everything that has to do with blocking and reputation.

Sorry for the rant, I know others have this problem for a long time. But once it hits you, you realize how broken it really is.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I always underestimate how much people love halo 3.

I did too until all I could play was team slayer. Last straw for me today was when ghost town AR's was picked over Beaver Creek BR's.

• Upvote (+1) 5

BTB is a halo3 lovefest.

Anyone who votes assault standoff (AR starts) needs their head smacked with something blunt and heavy.

Finally played a CTF death island however. Great fun other than since it being Halo Pc you can drive the hog while flag running. Always hated that, makes no sense.

BTB is a halo3 lovefest.

Anyone who votes assault standoff (AR starts) needs their head smacked with something blunt and heavy.

Finally played a CTF death island however. Great fun other than since it being Halo Pc you can drive the hog while flag running. Always hated that, makes no sense.

Do the PC maps have Banshees yet?

I really hope the next CU brings ping bars for halo 3, i would love to know if it constantly red bar because i shoot at walls all day. i would also like some party chat bubbles i want to know if people just don't have mics or if they are in a party.

Do the PC maps have Banshees yet?

Not that I know of. Not a bad thing by any means. Watching someone pick up the overshield with a banshee on sidewinder was never a fun experience.

BTB is a halo3 lovefest.

It does make sense, but not in a game design matter.

It should be it's own playlist tho

It really should be. I had fun tonight playing some of the MLG settings with my cousin but one day I know I'll get Lockout TS/Ons CTF/Pit CTF and they'll vote Ons. It'll be the worst experience of my life.

Other than that though I had fun abusing that red flag spawn on Narrows again and the 50-45ish Pit slayer was a pretty intense win since we were down until 45 kills. Took us forever to get a H2 game though

Same.  I might keep the game installed and just play the shit out of Halo 4.  Without ordinance I've always found the game really fun.

I'm actually with you on this one. I've been splitting time between Halo 1 and 4, with Team Hardcore liberally sprinkled in-between. The way I see it, without the ordinance BS and no random power weapon spawns, I find myself enjoying my time in the playlist and even finding some very competitive games as I rank up. I try to look at it as getting used to having a thruster pack all the time in Halo 5. Shot registration is nice and crisp. Even if I'm not a huge fan of the maps, it's not bad in slightest.

However, I do run into stuff like this gem of a bug...

If you can't watch it right now, basically, I grab the flag, start to get assassinated, and my buddy melees the guy assassinating me, he dies, but my buddy grabs the flag that I dropped while being assassinated. However, I come out of the animation with a flagnum in one hand and a fist holding an invisible flag in the other.

Now that more people show up in Team Hardcore and it's easier to get a game, I'll probably be in there more often. 

I just really, really hate the H3 BR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 was the worst Halo ever created.

I will play sprinting jetpacks with phantom sowrds slayer before i ever play Halo 3 again.

Ive yet to ay a ranked halo 3 game since they enabled ranks and i intend to keep it that way :)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The hit detection in h2c is really good. The melee detection however sucks balls. That needs to get patched.

• Upvote (+1) 1

depends on who you talk to.

Its either Hang em high or derelict. very rarely damnation. Personally I think derelict is the worst competitively, spawns can be very brutal and it is the definition of cascading advantages. Though, I hate playing some people on damnation more. Especially on MCC where you can hear where people spawn across half the damn map.

Oh and damnation is the worst in 4v4s. Wizard, rat race, longest all play better.

@@Batchford so what's wrong with hang em or do you just mean players don't like it cos of too many randoms? Cos I get that, maybe it could do with a little less but u can't imagine that map with only a few. Too easy to hold down blue and camo if there were only a few. I'm trying to imagine the game play if you took away front grave randoms.. would like to hear your opinion too oh 4. Get some ce talk on the goz

Halo 3 was the worst Halo ever created.

I will play sprinting jetpacks with phantom sowrds slayer before i ever play Halo 3 again.

Ive yet to ay a ranked halo 3 game since they enabled ranks and i intend to keep it that way :)

Worse than Halo 4?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Same. I might keep the game installed and just play the shit out of Halo 4. Without ordinance I've always found the game really fun.

@@MarcusQuintus, Wizard CTF was used in competitive 4v4's with the Pistols Only weapon set.

The MCC version of Halo 4 is pretty solid. The removal of Ordnance and reintroduction of weapons of map really help. The map selection is also a lot better than the 360 version with the addition of some of the DLC maps. Although Abandon is still voted for far too often.

Boltshots in loadouts and Promethean vision still suck though. That said I'd take them over AR starts.