CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Goog gravy, my heart is gonna stop with all the sodium. This is exactly what Batch would say, but any forum lurker could figure that out. I demand proof.

Why do you have -1900 rep?

Played somme h3 hardcore yesterday. Either everyone who plays mlg has shitty host for me or they somehow managed to make shot reg worse. Fuck em, fuck em so much.

Edit: it's 343pm. Best start torturing myself with this game I guess.

I feel like I'm the only person here who enjoys H3 MLG and H2 HC equally. It's a bit difficult going from one to the other sometimes for a few minutes but I love them both.

Is it so hard for people to understand that people are all voting h3 as we've been waiting like 9 months for it? Of course they're going to want to play the new thing!

I feel the exact same way as you right now.

@@insidi0us and @@beamimpact have been discussing the issues of how having a single player in the game with a bad connection throws the whole fucking game out the window. The NAT was just a shot in the dark, cause that's the excuse I like to use for these awful connections that I play on. It's honestly just a giant mystery to me.. I played a bit with Zeke who is from Chicago and has good internet. I have good internet. I'm pretty sure Elitist has good internet, and doubt his teammate has shitty internet. Maybe they're west coast and I'm east, 

@@Elitest :)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Teapot%20Yo/video/3703123

I'm assuming this video was from a while back? -- I have 50 down 5 up, from Cleveland... but ya that looked like AIDs 

Longest and Wizard aren't played competitively.

Rereading the post I was replying to, it definitely makes more sense within that context, but there was nothing in it that mentioned competitive play.  Anyway, I agree with the overall sentiment of the post.

I can see where you're coming from. If you're still interested in playing Halo CE, there's a way you can play it more casually and it's through custom games. I like to take Halo CE serious and play the ranked playlist but I also like to relax and play customs. I have a big group of people that I play Halo CE customs with. We play 4v4 and 8v8 slayer and CTF. CTF uses a different spawn system than team slayer does so you might like it better, that is if objective is your thing. Sometimes the customs can get sweaty and competitive though but at the end of the day it's all for fun. You're welcome to join us in customs and play if you want to. I try to play at least a couples hours every night, so you can catch me on pretty much whenever.

Mark my GT down for this. "Vinny Mendoza". I love bigger matches once in a while.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just thought about it and we went from one symmetrical map in CE, counting Battle Creek as a symmetrical, to one asymmetrical map in both Halo 2 and 3, counting Construct and Beaver Creek as symmetrical.

Quite the shift.

Ummm... wah?

Halo 2 has tons of asyms. Lockout, Ascension, Turf, Terminal, Burial Mounds, Tombstone and a lot of the BTB ones.

And CE has Derelict, Longest, Wizard, Boarding Action (kinda symmetrical).

If you're talking about competitive maps, I guess you have a point, but Dere is played in 2v2 and FFAs and Wizard is played in 1v1 for CE. Not sure how many were used in Halo 2.

Triple post, but in regards to spawn trapping in CE, you won't get prenaded more than 2 times in a row if you and your teammate are at all competent at the game. Even if you get stuck in the worst spawn in the map you can rush out and force them to kill you more quickly, and if you're both dead you'll get a random.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you're talking about competitive maps, I guess you have a point, but Dere is played in 2v2 and FFAs and Wizard is played in 1v1 for CE. Not sure how many were used in Halo 2.

I was yeah.

Missed derelict and I was referring to normal 4v4/2v2 competitive play.

Can anyone explain this death to me? I know on video it may seem like just a case of major lag but I wasn't experiencing lag throughout the entire game. I thought maybe it was a grenade that damaged me through the wall, but there is no sign of an explosion, no bullets coming at me or anything I just fell over dead lmao.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/WeeWonder/video/7078028

Just wondering if anyone has this problem or knows how to fix it.  :wutface:

Every time I play Halo 3 or Halo 2 Anniversary, I constantly go into blackscreen. I played a 12 minute Oddball game in Halo 3 earlier and spent a legit 5 minutes just looking at the scoreboard or watching people run into walls.

My connection is flawless in every other game on Xbox and PC. I don't get any connection issues in Halo 1, 2, or 4.

lag is the worst, especially if you experience it regularly. I don't have much lag in Halo 4, but the rest of the games really are a crapshoot. 

Same.  I might keep the game installed and just play the shit out of Halo 4.  Without ordinance I've always found the game really fun.

@@MarcusQuintus, Wizard CTF was used in competitive 4v4's with the Pistols Only weapon set.

So after 2 days of Battlefield Hardline and World of Tanks (Halo weekend ruined) to get out out of red rep, I play one game of BTB. They vote H4 and I go 56-7 with a killtac and a overkill.

Instand get 2 reports for unsportly behaviour and of course cheater :(

They really need to fix this system. Now I am scared to do good or have fun in any game because they could report me.

Anyone else in red/orange?

• Upvote (+1) 1

My solution to the Hardcore debacle: Remove all hardcore playlists entirely.

Add HCS gametypes into the Team H2A playlist(make playlist 4v4)

Add H3 hardcore gametypes to Halo 3 playlist

Add H2 hardcore gametypes to Halo 2 Classic playlist

All hardcore modes will always be in the 2nd slot and take the place of "Team BRs" gametypes

It's at the point where people quit based on the game so just add the gametypes to the game specific playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So after 2 days of Battlefield Hardline and World of Tanks (Halo weekend ruined) to get out out of red rep, I play one game of BTB. They vote H4 and I go 56-7 with a killtac and a overkill.

Instand get 2 reports for unsportly behaviour and of course cheater :(

They really need to fix this system. Now I am scared to do good or have fun in any game because they could report me.

Anyone else in red/orange?

I was flipping between green/yellow for a while when i fell into orange suddenly. Spent a few hours on BF then played BTB for a day and it didnt change. A day later i was green  :blink:

All hardcore modes will always be in the 2nd slot and take the place of "Team BRs" gametypes

It's at the point where people quit based on the game so just add the gametypes to the game specific playlists.

And that will make people quit because of the no radar setting.

So after 2 days of Battlefield Hardline and World of Tanks (Halo weekend ruined) to get out out of red rep

I was flipping between green/yellow for a while when i fell into orange suddenly. Spent a few hours on BF then played BTB for a day and it didnt change. A day later i was green  :blink:

It really takes 2 days just to get out of orange/red rep? That's fucking ridiculous. The block feature on Xbox One is also shit, it should've stayed the same as the Xbox 360 with the prefer/avoid player feature. This system was designed for games that have the "everyone wins, everyone can find success" formula where no one cares about winning/losing as much since they'll gain xp just for showing up (Destiny, CoD, Battlefield, etc). I think Halo 5 will run into similar problems as well. 

This could work for Halo 2 but I'm not so sure about Halo 3 since the vanilla version is pretty far off from MLG settings.

It really takes 2 days just to get out of orange/red rep? That's fucking ridiculous. The block feature on Xbox One is also shit, it should've stayed the same as the Xbox 360 with the prefer/avoid player feature. This system was designed for games that have the "everyone wins, everyone can find success" formula where no one cares about winning/losing as much since they'll gain xp just for showing up (Destiny, CoD, Battlefield, etc). I think Halo 5 will run into similar problems as well. 

This could work for Halo 2 but I'm not so sure about Halo 3 since the vanilla version is pretty far off from MLG settings.

The rep system on X1 is so crap. The first time i hit yellow i asked a few friends to prefer me and they told me you cant on X1. I looked up the X1 rep system and was blown away by how stupid it is. 

I really dont think its an issue. H3 Hardcore has been out for like four days, of course theres gonna be a spike in traffic, but soon it'll go down to a 50/50 split between H3 and H2 picks and thats as good as its gonna get.

Isnt H2 always in the left box anyways? If so the H3 people will have more to gripe about in the long run

I really dont think its an issue. H3 Hardcore has been out for like four days, of course theres gonna be a spike in traffic, but soon it'll go down to a 50/50 split between H3 and H2 picks and thats as good as its gonna get.

Isnt H2 always in the left box anyways? If so the H3 people will have more to gripe about in the long run

Nah. The mlg kids are taking over that playlist.

Is anyone having trouble with cross game playlists? I completed a few, now all of a sudden if I try to save and quit, it takes me all the way back to the beginning of the first mission. This doesn't happen for specific game playlists either.

• Downvote (-1) 1