CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Wow latest community update doesn't mention MCC or an update, not even an "more on that soon" or "as we get closer to release". I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

Wow latest community update doesn't mention MCC or an update, not even an "more on that soon" or "as we get closer to release". I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I am.

It mentioned Team Hardcore. Obviously not what we're looking for.

Construct Camo is in the wrong place

They're aware.

Im not surprised at all, they want everyone here to forget about MCC and move onto H5. 

Screw that. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

It mentioned Team Hardcore. Obviously not what we're looking for.

They're aware.

So five months until they fix it then.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I can only agree with you.

But I just love Halo. And I got the chance to play HCE and H2 also.

I have so many other games like Destiny, Titanfall, BF, CoD, but they just cant hold me for long. I also still have good friends to play and have fun with.

I love Halo and rather play a broken MCC than anything else that isnt Halo.

Love hurts I guess.

What hurts more is when Bonnie Ross says how they could have released all the games separately and how that probably would've run more smoothly. Could you imagine having the originals working closer to how they were (no PC Halo ports) with no cross game playlists while retaining most of the fan base? They made this frankenstein of a game so we could "seamlessly" go from one game to another yet ironically it would have taken less time to find games in each Halo by quitting one build to go to another.

Construct Camo is in the wrong place

This alone is what has me scratching my head. They talk about how they originally had integration problems with putting in Halo 3 MLG maps in so I'm assuming they used the latest v8 settings yet camo magically spawns on missile pods in Construct? That leads me to assume they ONLY had problems with the foundry maps and simply forged the others themselves, so why the fuck didn't they release the settings back in April when they finally fixed H3 forge while excluding the foundry maps until they finally figured out how to implement them?

• Upvote (+1) 4

What hurts more is when Bonnie Ross says how they could have released all the games separately and how that probably would've run more smoothly. Could you imagine having the originals working closer to how they were (no PC Halo ports) with no cross game playlists while retaining most of the fan base? They made this frankenstein of a game so we could "seamlessly" go from one game to another yet ironically it would have taken less time to find games in each Halo by quitting one build to go to another.

They still would have ported the PC versions of CE and H2V, regardless.

They still would have ported the PC versions of CE and H2V, regardless.

Yeah I suppose they would have, I imagine it'd be difficult to port over games from the original Xbox (see Rare Replay).

This alone is what has me scratching my head. They talk about how they originally had integration problems with putting in Halo 3 MLG maps in so I'm assuming they used the latest v8 settings yet camo magically spawns on missile pods in Construct? That leads me to assume they ONLY had problems with the foundry maps and simply forged the others themselves, so why the fuck didn't they release the settings back in April when they finally fixed H3 forge while excluding the foundry maps until they finally figured out how to implement them?

I believe the version before v8 settings had camo at missle pod. It may just be an old map variant

You do remember what happened when they added H3 to THC the first time, right? None of the maps would load.

I highly doubt it was just an issue with Foundry.

I believe the version before v8 settings had camo at missle pod. It may just be an old map variant

It did, it's just very odd that they would use v7 when v8 was readily available.

It did, it's just very odd that they would use v7 when v8 was readily available.

Well this is 343 after all
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I think they're using Construct Kings map for slayer. They probably forgot Construct has 2 maps, one for each gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You can use this to see all of the spawn points and randoms(areas on the map that you can stand on and give your teammate a random spawn on the map.) You can also stand on and block a spawn point and see the percentage of where your teammate is going to spawn at within that spawn zone. (Known as a forced spawn.)

http://halospawns.com/app#

I always knew that Teapot made a site for Halo spawns, but seeing as I already know 99% of them I never bothered to visit.

HOLY CRAP I DID NOT EXPECT THAT. It's a fully interactive FPS simulator with real-time spawn percentages? Seriously? Who developed this and where can I send a small donation? This is absolutely freaking incredible.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I think they're using Construct Kings map for slayer. They probably forgot Construct has 2 maps, one for each gametype.

You're right, I totally forgot that the custom power-up settings are actually configured in the gametype itself and not the map. For some reason I thought you modify the custom powerup in forge. I figured if they were actually using the Construct King map for slayer it would be OS and not camo. My bad.

I always knew that Teapot made a site for Halo spawns, but seeing as I already know 99% of them I never bothered to visit.

HOLY CRAP I DID NOT EXPECT THAT. It's a fully interactive FPS simulator with real-time spawn percentages? Seriously? Who developed this and where can I send a small donation? This is absolutely freaking incredible.

That's all Relyx/Mintograde's amazing work. He's even got the ranks up on that site! All I did was make that lengthy post about how the spawn system works and try to spread the word about his site. Hands down the most helpful Halo related tool/site we've ever had.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You're right, I totally forgot that the custom power-up settings are actually configured in the gametype itself and not the map. For some reason I thought you modify the custom powerup in forge. I figured if they were actually using the Construct King map for slayer it would be OS and not camo. My bad.

No, it's still gives you a camo, but it's in the wrong place.  For slayer, it should be bottom gold, but for king it's... well on custom spawn.

Well this is 343 after all

They've only had half a year to port over 11 gametypes, give them a break.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes.

No.

That's what I thought. I played against someone who had it but I had never heard of them. Forgot who they were though.

Can't even play the game/gametypes I want to anymore without a team of 4 to force the vote. Even then most the time kids who wanted H3 just back out and I don't blame them. Population is a poor excuse to force these two games together when the players of each clearly don't want to (and often are straight up unwilling to) play the other.

How did you not know about that? lol

That's all Relyx/Mintograde's amazing work. He's even got the ranks up on that site! All I did was make that lengthy post about how the spawn system works and try to spread the word about his site. Hands down the most helpful Halo related tool/site we've ever had.

Relyx @@Mintograde is bae. I love how each individual puts in their grind for Halo, we are  really going to see it pay off sooner than expected. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just noticed we still cant change our emblems in H3 lol

Or H2C

:/

So random question/riddle

First Halo i played was Halo CE on launch

First Halo multiplayer I LANed was Halo 2

First Halo I played online was Halo 3

Favorite Halo multiplayer is Reach (not default)

Does that make me a Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 or Reach kid?

You don't have to be defined by a single Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 2