CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

gearscollection%20hero.jpg?h=520&w=940

With this being announced, is it too far fetched to assume Reach, ODST and maybe Wars will be given to those who purchased MCC?

• Upvote (+1) 4

With this being announced, is it too far fetched to assume Reach, ODST and maybe Wars will be given to those who purchased MCC?

It's only fair for the game being broken for 8+ months.

• Upvote (+1) 4

One thing I have yet to understand is, why wasn't this an option for MCC? After hearing an interview from Phil Spencer (I don't have a link, sorry), it seemed like backwards compatibility had been on the table for a while. Seemed only logical for 343 to pivot and release only H2 and H2A after they realized their game was fucked, then extend BC for H3, Reach, and H4.

One thing I have yet to understand is, why wasn't this an option for MCC? After hearing an interview from Phil Spencer (I don't have a link, sorry), it seemed like backwards compatibility had been on the table for a while. Seemed only logical for 343 to pivot and release only H2 and H2A after they realized their game was fucked, then extend BC for H3, Reach, and H4.

There's conflicting reports on backwards compatibility. Phil claims it has been in the works for a while and its previously been mentioned that it just isn't happening, at all.

<p>

Sigh... -_-

Please don't be one of those Waypoint "Oh my game is working just fine" guys. This game has factual problems and has had them since day one.

It was hard to level up in H2, but it wasn't as hard as it currently is. First and foremost, 45+'s don't play level 20's. Simple as that. Teams of 4 should never play randoms. It just shouldn't happen. And it's definitely harder to rank up in MCC than it was on H2. It has taken me 2-3 games to level up one rank starting from level 1. On H2 you could play 1 game and level up until about level.... 9-ish(?). On the flip side of things, I have played numerous games in Hardcore when I first started playing that playlist at like 13 and beaten teams level 25+ numerous times consecutivelydanand still takes me 4 games to rank up. They need to use the level/experience system Bungie coined 10 years ago.

Lmao @ the second bold. You see no problems with the voting system huh? I'm not even going to bother.

You misunderstood me. He was saying how the voting system isn't fair, and I was agreeing with him.

I also never commented on party vs party games. Party vs randoms is not fair, I agree. I was commenting on it being playable if you do have a party, which is true.

I also didn't say the game has no problems, I was commenting on how I don't experience anymore lag in MCC than any other game may have.

There's conflicting reports on backwards compatibility. Phil claims it has been in the works for a while and its previously been mentioned that it just isn't happening, at all.

I have a hard time believing no one at 343 was aware of the backwards compatibility project, especially given the magnitude of the change to the X1 infrastructure.

• Upvote (+1) 2

But Phil is  da boss...so I think if he goes and makes it public,  it's probably happening considering he has put Xbox back on track.

<p>

Sigh... -_-

Please don't be one of those Waypoint "Oh my game is working just fine" guys. This game has factual problems and has had them since day one.

It was hard to level up in H2, but it wasn't as hard as it currently is. First and foremost, 45+'s don't play level 20's. Simple as that. Teams of 4 should never play randoms. It just shouldn't happen. And it's definitely harder to rank up in MCC than it was on H2. It has taken me 2-3 games to level up one rank starting from level 1. On H2 you could play 1 game and level up until about level.... 9-ish(?). On the flip side of things, I have played numerous games in Hardcore when I first started playing that playlist at like 13 and beaten teams level 25+ numerous times consecutively and still takes me 4 games to rank up. They need to use the level/experience system Bungie coined 10 years ago.

Lmao @ the second bold. You see no problems with the voting system huh? I'm not even going to bother.

You misunderstood me. He was saying how the voting system isn't fair, and I was agreeing with him.

I also never commented on party vs party games. Party vs randoms is not fair, I agree. I was commenting on it being playable if you do have a party, which is true.

I also didn't say the game has no problems, I was commenting on how I don't experience anymore lag in MCC than any other game may have.

You're correct, I did misinterpret what you said now that I re-read your post; I apologize. The way you structured the sentence, it looked as if you're saying "I agree with the voting system" as in you agree with the current voting system. I know you never commented on the party system, I was just saying that this shouldn't be a thing lol :) It's dumb and unfair (I only feel condolence because I only play with teams of 4 these days. The kids we roflstomp in every playlist gets tedious). I experience more lag than I should in this game, which is where I have the problem. It's playable for me, definitely, because my internet is extremely solid. However, this game has some ridiculous server issues that shouldn't exists.

You're correct, I did misinterpret what you said now that I re-read your post; I apologize. The way you structured the sentence, it looked as if you're saying "I agree with the voting system" as in you agree with the current voting system. I know you never commented on the party system, I was just saying that this shouldn't be a thing lol :) It's dumb and unfair (I only feel condolence because I only play with teams of 4 these days. The kids we roflstomp in every playlist gets tedious). I experience more lag than I should in this game, which is where I have the problem. It's playable for me, definitely, because my internet is extremely solid. However, this game has some ridiculous server issues that shouldn't exists.

I realized when you replied that it could be taken that way. I should have spaced it out differently. And yes, the dedicated servers (or lack thereof) are a problem, but luckily for me I don't experience much lag. My Xbox is generally the only device using internet when I'm playing.

How can you tell when playing vs parties of 4 or randoms? Maybe I don't realize when I do so, and that's why I don't complain about it.

Anybody know how to get out of red rep so i can actually get games? People in H2C keep blocking me so now i cant even get a match, does the custom game thing work at all to get back to green? Very frustrating

Is there a plus rep system on Xbox one you can use to get it back up? I know 360 had one.

I have a hard time believing no one at 343 was aware of the backwards compatibility project, especially given the magnitude of the change to the X1 infrastructure.

It's not that hard to believe. In the end, 343 is still just a game developer. Microsoft makes all the big decisions and the BC announcement at E3 was never leaked so it was probably only known to the top people and those working on it.

Anybody know how to get out of red rep so i can actually get games? People in H2C keep blocking me so now i cant even get a match, does the custom game thing work at all to get back to green? Very frustrating

make a new account with 0 rep.

#justXbonethings

• Upvote (+1) 1

At least they learned their lesson for GOW. This is how they should have done mcc... H1 and h2 ported for online and remaster and halo 3 and 4 backwards compatible. Fucking sucks that we had to be the guinea pigs.

• Upvote (+1) 4

At least they learned their lesson for GOW. This is how they should have done mcc... H1 and h2 ported for online and remaster and halo 3 and 4 backwards compatible. Fucking sucks that we had to be the guinea pigs.

Shame to be honest. If MCC was the 2015 title, it'll have likely happened that way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They wanted to make it a more attractive offer. Someone must have known backwards compatibility was in the works; they just wanted more sales, and "four Halo games on one disc" was just too irresistible a marketing ploy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah they just played us to get more sales for Halo. It was a great idea if we are being honest, but fuck them  B)

• Upvote (+1) 4

I could see them giving them to new buyers as a final MCC cash grab before Halo 5 comes out.

I realized when you replied that it could be taken that way. I should have spaced it out differently. And yes, the dedicated servers (or lack thereof) are a problem, but luckily for me I don't experience much lag. My Xbox is generally the only device using internet when I'm playing.

How can you tell when playing vs parties of 4 or randoms? Maybe I don't realize when I do so, and that's why I don't complain about it.

Yeah I'm the same way because like I said my internet is really solid, but one of my friends has a pretty average connection and when he plays, people just rubber band nonstop. 

But you can mainly tell when the people join the game. If they all join in at the same exact time, odds are it's a team of 4. If they come in within a few seconds or half-a-minute or more of each other, they're definitely separate players. If you want to be concrete about it, you can always click on one of the gamertag in the lobby (granted their profile isn't private), go to View Gamercard and on the Halo MCC logo on the right, if you see a controller with a number 4, that means it's a party of 4. Likewise for 3, 2, etc. After playing for a long time though, you can just tell when you play randoms. Especially when you play the same people back to back to back and they have different teammates all the time.

Unfortunately, you have to play another game against other people bro. Specifically games that don't limit you to finding other people based on your rep like Halo does. Essentially, you get a percentage of "Avoid me"'s and the more you play with other people who don't avoid you, your rep will go back up. I would recommend hopping on CoD or Titanfall if you happen to have them and just grind the biggest playlist for a while. Sorry to hear that happens to you man. Scrubs do that when they can't win.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The voting system killed Halo.

Really though 343 needs to fix the algorithm for which maps come up. It feels like the same ones all the time. It needs to be completely random. There's no point to have a game with 100 maps if you only have the option to play 20.

So true. With a truly randomized map selection, MCC would be significantly more fun. I don't know how they fucked this up.

Yeah it should be random, there are over 100 maps yet I've not even played half.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Playing paintball in Action Sack is so much fun. Reminds me of the good old MLG paintball days.

Playing paintball in Action Sack is so much fun. Reminds me of the good old MLG paintball days.

Do you still play Gaylo 1 on MCC? Should play sometime and own the n00bz

Do you still play Gaylo 1 on MCC? Should play sometime and own the n00bz

Every week or so I get on to play couple games but I get frustrated far too easily about the connection issues now and just give up. It's no fun playing with a twelve shot kill handicap. If you ever see me on shoot me an invite, although I can't tell if my 100+ friends just abandoned MCC or if the roster is broken again.

Because you should never think of backward compatible the same as full performance. Backward compatible in this case is cross platform which will require a layer of code that will slow things down by simply being there, some things more noticeable than others. I would be shocked if any xb360 halo would play multiplayer at a decent performance level. I would also be surprised if any halo title actually functioned where low level code optimization was performed.

True backward compatibility means you flop in you 360 disc