CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Halo 4 playlist needs Dispatch and Simplex.

@@Bravo

I would also include just about all the Forged maps from Halo 4...I enjoyed them just as much if not more than the shipped maps

• Upvote (+1) 2

Me and TomComingAtcha looking for two good H2C players to run MM with right now, message LLGHTNING SNIPE if you're down!

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're right, and I get where you're coming from, but Halo and CSGO are two completely different enterprises. Counter-Strike is JUST multiplayer. There's basically one function that the entire CS franchise serves - provide an arena to play against other players. Halo isn't and has never been that. We have players who will simply play the campaign over and over and over. They deserve for that experience to be rewarding and fun each and every time they do. Then from there the experiences and expectations are broken down even more. We have the forge community, machinima, niche gametype communities like Grifball, vanilla Halo casual and try hard players, the competitive community, Big Team Battle, etc., etc. On top of recreating the elements of each of those gameplay approaches we have to find a way to innovate and make the experience feel fresh, but at the same time, attempt to make it "quintessentially Halo". Sometimes we'll succeed... and sometimes we won't.

I get the point you're trying to make. Games go stale, you need it spice it up so it stays relevant. But the issue I have and a few others have on here is the changes made to Halo were HUGE. The gameplay completely changed. It doesnt feel like the Halo we know anymore. And the adapt Reponse we keep getting or "Aderpt" as Frankie told me on here on day isnt good enough, If its not broke dont fix it and thats how I feel about the Franchise. It wasnt broke.

I cant hate on 343 to much because Bungie started it with Reach. In my opinion Reach and Halo4 weren't terrible games, they were actually ok but they weren't Halo games. There lies the problem. I feel like im beating a dead bush at this stage but since Halo 3, Halo has been turned upside down and is unrecognisable to someone who is a long term player.

I know Ive said this all ready but I can see why players new to the community like Halo 4 and why some people are excited for Halo5 because they are not bad games, just not good Halo games. In saying that, I do think Halo5 is going in a better direction, it does seem more promising than Halo 4 turned out.

Nice to see someone from 343 posting and not giving sarcastic and unprofessional responses, good job man. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

h4 playlist needs to be 4v4 first...

Halo 4 isn't as 4v4 game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 4 isn't as 4v4 game.

It can be. Most maps are not made for 5v5

It can be. Most maps are not made for 5v5

Precisely, hence the 5v5 setting.

Precisely, hence the 5v5 setting.

doesnt make sense... btw answer my pm

doesnt make sense... btw answer my pm

Oh I misread, I thought you said most maps worked in a 5v5 setting.

Regardless, Halo 4 isn't a 4v4 game. Most maps work in 5v5, especially the larger ones like Harvest and Vertigo.

Let's be honest guys, you would believe it if was something you wanted but because it isn't what you wanted you all got pull the "it's fake" or the "they waited for the perfect time" card.

343i has been lying since day 1 tho

• Upvote (+1) 5

Stuck on downloading latest matchmaking data :|

Press B, wait a few seconds and try again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 has been stuck on that screen for months.

Start up a H2C custom game then end it, should fix it.

I'm a bit suspicious of some things I've been seeing in Team Snipers.  H3 typically wins, which has the hardest snipe in Halo and it seems like one guy in each game goes 30 and 5 and everyone else seems normal.  I've watched several films and it doesn't look like an aimbot to me, (I've played against aimbots several times before), but I'm suspicious that people can hit head shots 80% of the time in H3 (in my experience, blood shots are very common w/ H3 snipe, so seeing head shot after head shot gets suspicious).  Maybe they can, but any insight is welcome.  I can also tell from the films that there are lots of no-scopes.  In the last game I played, the rock star was on my team, so the other team started quitting, he starts betraying, a guy quits on my team, and then the rock star drops out of the game. Then it was a 2v2 and actually enjoyable because there were normal success rates for head shots/etc..  IDK... I guess I can just right it off to bad matchmaking (or poor population leading to mismatches) but in any case I have a hard time believing these people can just bounce all over the place drilling snapshot after snapshot while everyone else at least misses every now and then.  If these people are legit then salute.

Also, does anyone know how to get a film to record in MCC H3 w/ the reticle showing?  I can't get it to work like I could in 360 H3 (I forget the button combo, but you could hit a series of buttons and it would show up and then it would record properly).  Thanks!

I'm a bit suspicious of some things I've been seeing in Team Snipers.  H3 typically wins, which has the hardest snipe in Halo and it seems like one guy in each game goes 30 and 5 and everyone else seems normal.  I've watched several films and it doesn't look like an aimbot to me, (I've played against aimbots several times before), but I'm suspicious that people can hit head shots 80% of the time in H3 (in my experience, blood shots are very common w/ H3 snipe, so seeing head shot after head shot gets suspicious).  Maybe they can, but any insight is welcome.  I can also tell from the films that there are lots of no-scopes.  In the last game I played, the rock star was on my team, so the other team started quitting, he starts betraying, a guy quits on my team, and then the rock star drops out of the game. Then it was a 2v2 and actually enjoyable because there were normal success rates for head shots/etc..  IDK... I guess I can just right it off to bad matchmaking (or poor population leading to mismatches) but in any case I have a hard time believing these people can just bounce all over the place drilling snapshot after snapshot while everyone else at least misses every now and then.  If these people are legit then salute.

Also, does anyone know how to get a film to record in MCC H3 w/ the reticle showing?  I can't get it to work like I could in 360 H3 (I forget the button combo, but you could hit a series of buttons and it would show up and then it would record properly).  Thanks!

They could have been using a mouse+keyboard mod. It's not hard to notice the different play styles if you pay attention. People with mouse+keyboard play very carelessly but they never get killed and get constant headshots.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Y - Y - Click RS

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's just 3 maps for HCS eh?

Would've been nice if they released some more maps for the playlist. Midship and Beaver Creek would be nice.

It's just 3 maps for HCS eh?

Would've been nice if they released some more maps for the playlist. Midship and Beaver Creek would be nice.

Yup. Shame the season is over.

I have a lot of those games today, with me hitting 30+ kills (and I still dont win them). Its not that hard if your teammates can only get 5 kills together and the enemy team isnt full of good players. 

But pretty much 90% of my games started as a 3vs4 or 2vs3 or today. Ive thought this wasnt a thing anymore? Also the H2C hit detection is horrible, at least in snipers. 

They could have been using a mouse+keyboard mod. It's not hard to notice the different play styles if you pay attention. People with mouse+keyboard play very carelessly but they never get killed and get constant headshots.

I just did a small bit of research based on this tip and (I'm not posting it) there are all sorts of mods available for MCC that would give drastic advantages to people, with the mouse plus keyboard one being one of them.  I definitely noticed the carelessness - they can afford to be when your aim is so dialed in.  Humans are such an irritating species. 

Anyone else have games that dont end if the other team quits? Im sitting in a HCE game just waiting for it to end.

This used to happen to me always in CE. I stopped playing CE for a while now, so not sure if it has been fixed (clearly not)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else have games that dont end if the other team quits? Im sitting in a HCE game just waiting for it to end. 

Only if they quit during the loading screen.

• Upvote (+1) 2