CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It's cheap, gimmicky, map breaking, reminds one of Halo 4, etc. 

That's fair... :saucey:

How's that any different than OS? 

Properly implemented as a map pickup would work fine. I guess we'll just stick with OS and Camo forever? Not everything in H4 is bad. Stop being immature. 

The DMR reminds me of Reach, but I don't immediately write the weapon off... 

• Upvote (+1) 4

looks like almost everything being added in h2a was thrown out in the original game, i wonder this this mean they're bad?

it just seems odd that when bungie was in charge they didn't add all the stuff they intended in h2 to h3 if they thought it was good? only since 343i took over have we been seeing these features actually be implemented. this makes me wonder if these features are damaging to halos core gameplay?

• Upvote (+1) 1

looks like almost everything being added in h2a was thrown out in the original game, i wonder this this mean they're bad?

it just seems odd that when bungie was in charge they didn't add all the stuff they intended in h2 to h3 if they thought it was good? only since 343i took over have we been seeing these features actually be implemented. this makes me wonder if these features are damaging to halos core gameplay?

Well seeing as how every iteration of Halo has gone down hill, even when Bungie was in charge, I don't think they were necessarily bad. I'm betting that Bungie just didn't know how to do some of the things and/or just scrapped them because they thought they had enough. Sure SpeedBoost really isn't that hard to code, just up the persons speed and set a timer that will run out and return the players speed to normal afterwards, but they already had invis and os, so why throw another in there.

They also didn't throw everything in there. I know I might start some heat with this, but I'll preface that I don't have any proof, it was just something I heard at one point, so the validity could be no more than a rumor, but I heard a few years back that H2 and possibly H3 had code set in place to allow a spectator type of mode, but Bungie never finished it, because it wasn't high up on their list of things to do. So they just scrapped it during the rush to finish the game. Again, I don't have proof, it's just something I heard back in the day when I was playing H3 before Reach came out and I haven't heard anything on it since then. 

But I'm just glad they didn't pick DB. I always hated DB.

Seems you lack a sense of humour

And according to the plus rep, the forums lacks it a bit as well

okay
  • Upvote (+1) 3

So guys what's your favorite cereal

pb crunch on bottom, cocoa pebbles on top(cause I'm a man)

I think it will be fun just because no one will take it seriously. It will be that break in between the serious games that lets you just dick around.

Halo 4: The new fiesta
  • Upvote (+1) 2

That doesn't stop a lot of people from having the same mindset of putting aesthetics before function.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think they just ran out of time. Same thing happened with Halo 1. The BR & CC were supposed to be in the game, but were kept out because of a lack of time - Bungie didn't think they were bad, as they implemented them in H2 & H3. On the other hand, Bungie wanted more spread for H2 BR, and look what happened with H3... 

That's fair... :saucey:

How's that any different than OS? 

Properly implemented as a map pickup would work fine. I guess we'll just stick with OS and Camo forever? Not everything in H4 is bad. Stop being immature. 

I'll be the one that states how it's different.

OS grants you extra shields, allowing you to take and give more damage before dying.

Speed Boost grants you an increase speed that allows you to make jumps that weren't originally intended, or break the map in unusual ways.

When you combine it with sprint it's just ridiculous, but we have to see how it works in the realm of Halo 2. We already know Halo 2 had a great base movement speed to it as well as response, I would just hate to see "untouched" halo 2 multiplayer, if it includes a bunch of additions that negate the fact it's untouched.

I'm all for including things if they fit within the realm of Halo, however advanced movement techniques are trickier to balance. Where do we draw the line? If Speed boost is an acceptable map pick up, why shouldn't a jet pack be an acceptable map pick up? Is being able to run extremely fast around cover any more game breaking than being able to go from sword to library in Lockout?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll be the one that states how it's different.

OS grants you extra shields, allowing you to take and give more damage before dying.

Speed Boost grants you an increase speed that allows you to make jumps that weren't originally intended, or break the map in unusual ways.

Remember the grenade jumps with OS in H1? They changed map movement a lot (especially on Dammy). Obviously more skillful than Speed Boost, but couldn't resist pointing this out  :frank:

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know how MCC has one universal interface, where would the customisation of Loadouts for Halo 4 come into play? Could this mean that Loadouts are gone forever and that Halo 4 plays with just startups, everyone the same? I won't play the game over Halo2/3, I am just curious.

Remember the grenade jumps with OS in H1? They changed map movement a lot (especially on Dammy). Obviously more skillful than Speed Boost, but couldn't resist pointing this out  :frank:

Comparing the skill of a speed boost the the skill of grenade jumping is weird to me. I don't really see how it can be done objectively. Grenade jumping does offer more of a risk/reward scenario though. Also, the uses for OS nade jumping are rather limited when compared to a Speed Boost which I assume can be used anywhere within the map.

Now the video was just posted on here within the last two weeks of a damnation map but I forget whose POV it was. You know the nade jump you're talking about? Well he instead through a grenade and then shot a rocket at his feet and tried to jump to snipe ledge. He actually got somewhat close making me think it's possible but unlikely. I understand people have different opinions, and this one is rather extreme.. but that to me is a great example of advanced movement techniques. Going from OS spawn to Snipe ledge in OS in less than 2 seconds can be HUGE, but he lost full rockets and OS in the process.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Comparing the skill of a speed boost the the skill of grenade jumping is weird to me. I don't really see how it can be done objectively. Grenade jumping does offer more of a risk/reward scenario though. Also, the uses for OS nade jumping are rather limited when compared to a Speed Boost which I assume can be used anywhere within the map.

Now the video was just posted on here within the last two weeks of a damnation map but I forget whose POV it was. You know the nade jump you're talking about? Well he instead through a grenade and then shot a rocket at his feet and tried to jump to snipe ledge. He actually got somewhat close making me think it's possible but unlikely. I understand people have different opinions, and this one is rather extreme.. but that to me is a great example of advanced movement techniques. Going from OS spawn to Snipe ledge in OS in less than 2 seconds can be HUGE, but he lost full rockets and OS in the process.

it was harris and yes it can be done consistently. you can also get to the ledge right below teleporter along with front shotties.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like Apple Jacks but I've been eating Special K lately because I'm old.

I used to be down with Apple Jacks then i decided to move on to Honey Bunches of Oats...too damn good

I've been out of the loop for a while, so can anybody fill me in on this Iron Gaming? Are they sorta like MLG, in that they are the standard bearers of competitive settings now? Are they any good at it?

EDIT: Also, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Master Race reporting in.

Bad Tournament Organizers is what I'm getting out of the drama

CTC is legit

pb crunch on bottom, cocoa pebbles on top(cause I'm a man)

Dude...i have never thought of this.  i must try

• Upvote (+1) 2

When you start linking eight individual Xboxes together in Halo CE, the lag in the connection increases a lot. Chaos Theory can probably explain this in better detail. I just know when I used to run 4v4s with friends back in 2001-2002, it sucked compared to doing 2v2s. That's why you see a lot more 2v2s for CE tournament play rather than 4v4s.

I played on a 16 player system link one time for Halo CE and it was horrid.

um... I don't know how to break this to you but Halo CE only supports up to 4 box system link.

the people who are buying this game for h1 and h2, (me included in this), could not give any less of a fuck about other halo games that are coming out. theres no dividing because if this game wasnt coming out we wouldnt even be there to divide.

He could be right, most of the OG Xbox generation are in their mid-late 20's now and its pretty clear most of the players in the community today were most invested into H3(it was the most popular Halo MP game). The XB1 Generation will basically be a continuation of the 360 generation so its not hard to fathom that H2+H3 could be close in population.

Halo CE was primarily a LAN game with a fraction of the MP player-base and will scare noobs away who are not used to the TSK pistol(pretty huge difference from modern Halo) and are losing every PW and power-up to veteran players

Its going to be H2 or H3 by a slim margin out in front then Halo CE in the first months, long-term who knows.

I'm not saying HCE will beat H3 population. I meant the competitive base will say HCE is greater than h2 which is greater than H3.

However I do believe H2 has the higher population. People can still play H3 if they wanted too. If you take BE.tournament as any indication then V7 reach is beating out H3 by a very slim margin.

it was harris and yes it can be done consistently. you can also get to the ledge right below teleporter along with front shotties.

oooof those advanced movement techniques..

well what else am I missing? is there anything else even more wild that I haven't seen?

I don't know if I'm part of the problem but I have no problem splintering off from future halo games. The older halo games capture the true feeling of what a console based arena shooter should be. What's wrong with reviving a scene of an old game when it's been going on with other titles. I just can't keep following the newer halo games. I'm too old for this shit.

Am I understanding this correctly?

The MCC will be one playlist from H: CE to H4. So one game you could play 4v4 H1 TS on Prisoner, then next round it be H3 4v4 TS on Narrows? Maybe I am reading it wrong from some other posts I've seen.

Am I understanding this correctly?

The MCC will be one playlist from H: CE to H4. So one game you could play 4v4 H1 TS on Prisoner, then next round it be H3 4v4 TS on Narrows? Maybe I am reading it wrong from some other posts I've seen.

There will be a playlist like that, but there are also other playlists with dedicated experiences, so a Halo CE only playlist, Halo 2 only, etc.

The community has been divided for many years ever since H2 wasn't a complete clone of H1.  I don't know why people are just now starting to realize it.

Ya they really need to do something about playlists. Once the MCC is loaded up I never want to see halo 3 or 4 again.

so, i'm hoping I'm assuming correctly that there should be a team hardcore playlist for h2 like before?