CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I love CEs multiplayer, although I'm not that great at it. I'm much better at H2.

My only real point of bringing up CEA was to show that out of the three games 343 has made, only one was a colossal failure at launch; this was also predictable. Halo 5 won't be a mess at launch.

Ultimately, there were two choices. What we currently have, or an only remastered H2 with no classis multiplayer. MCC is far from perfect, but its far better from how it was released too.

Maybe I'm buying into the H5 hype more than others and that's why I'm giving 343 another chance. But I think they deserve it.

Just because they weren't colossal failures doesn't mean they were anywhere near comparable to the quality of the previous games in the series. Again, I'm talking about polish and attention to detail and NOT design decisions.

EDIT: @@Hard Way's post demonstrates more concrete examples with H4, though less eloquently :P

But please, do whatever helps you sleep at night. Just like I'll keep on checking this thread everyday while clinging to a glimmer of hope that I'll see some beefy patch notes with the words "fixed" and "added" instead of "improved" and "removed."

• Upvote (+1) 1

All I want to hear is "we are aware that MCC has been having issues and we are actively working to fix them". The fact that there has been no mention of MCC at all is crazy

• Upvote (+1) 5

Umm, Halo 4 chugged cock at launch. Most of it functioned (not fileshare). Thats about it. You had AWFUL playlists. You had no weapons on map. Random global ordinance. Personal Ordinance drops. The game was an absolute disgrace at launch. And people seem to have forgotten this, but after H4 released, 343 went on vacation for a month. Literally out of the office. THEY DIDN'T FIXdanA N Y T H I N G FOR ONE FULL MONTH. It took them how long to release the Turbo update and CSR? 5, 6 months? Then they released MCC. And people still want to pay 343 for H5 before they even see it. Fucking incredible. 343's launches have been ABYSMAL thus far. Their track record is absolute dog shit, dude.

I want to play H5 too, but for Christ's sake learn from history. Wait. And. See.

You'll be waiting a long time before you decide "it's good enough to buy"

Hahahaha I was about to say go back to waypoint until I clicked on spoiler. That was well played. ;)

:-)

Does it have a handle, or are you still waiting for that patch?

Lol :-)

It has a handle on the back. It is the only product 343 hasn't fucked up, they are truly great cup designers.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Okay can something be done about these mobile ad page redirects. I just spent literally 5 minutes trying to look at a single page because I was constantly getting redirected.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Okay can something be done about these mobile ad page redirects. I just spent literally 5 minutes trying to look at a single page because I was constantly getting redirected.

Posting it here isn't how to get it fixed. We don't read every topic to ensure everything is working 100% correctly for every single user.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/forum/37-support-suggestions/

Please, post there and it'll be seen.

As for the ads though - we know about it, we've mentioned that we've known about it for a while and for the most part, it is out of our hands. We're working with the ad guys to fix it.

Have you tried pre-ordering Halo 5?

^

• Upvote (+1) 1

Posting it here isn't how to get it fixed. We don't read every topic to ensure everything is working 100% correctly for every single user.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/forum/37-support-suggestions/

Please, post there and it'll be seen.

As for the ads though - we know about it, we've mentioned that we've known about it for a while and for the most part, it is out of our hands. We're working with the ad guys to fix it.

^

I actually considered going back to the forum page and trying to find a support thread but I was afraid of getting stuck in another ad loop. Wasn't trying to sound like a douche, I appreciate the reply :)

:-)

Lol :-)

It has a handle on the back. It is the only product 343 hasn't fucked up, they are truly great cup designers.

And the MCC disc is the perfect drink coaster.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Why worry about something in the past when you can

HUNT THE TRUTH!!!

CJlQu_TUsAA254X.jpg

fireworksanimation.gif

The amount of blood pressure this post generated CANNOT be healthy.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I actually considered going back to the forum page and trying to find a support thread but I was afraid of getting stuck in another ad loop. Wasn't trying to sound like a douche, I appreciate the reply :)

We appreciate you letting us know it is still happening. There are days when it's dreadful and days when it's good. If you see issues, please let us know in any way possible <3

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am now regretting getting the digital copy of the game

Just pour coffee over your console.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Just pour coffee over your console.

I was actually just thinking "I'll use the actual console as a really big coaster haha but pouring coffee on it works much better!
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Once you can see the page, hit the X on the URL so that the page doesn't finish loading. You can read the page and it won't redirect. It'll work til it's actually fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not many will care about this one but as someone who plays the campaign frequently, they didn't put any shield flares in Remastered mode. I wanted to play in Remastered and I was forced to switch to Classic just to see if I was actually damaging shields.

Yeah I was gonna bring that up too but got lazy on my phone. The lack of shield flaring in CEA is so annoying. It makes the game almost unplayable on Legendary.

The exclusion of multiplayer was a disappointment, but 343 had only taken control for about a year; Reach was also released for only one year. Creating and bringing over a PC multiplayer to Xbox would be difficult in that short of a time span, no to mention this would have devalued Reach. I think it was best for the time, working on Reach's multiplayer and fixing things like bloom.

I agree, I also wanted a CE multiplayer because I had never played it online. It also could have made MCCs transition a little easier. But I think it was best they avoided it at the time. Plus Halo 4 came out the following year, that could have been delayed a year if they focused that hard on CE multiplayer. Same could be said with Halo 5.

I agree at some points with the graphics. I'm trying to play laso at the moment, and on truth and reconciliation i have to use old graphics before I get inside the ship bec it can be hard to see. But I still enjoy going back and forth, and seeing the improvement over a 10 year span is really cool. Like I said it isn't an A+ grade game. But let's not get unrealistic expectations. Seeing how Bungie has handled Destiny, we might be holding many of the same discussions concerning multiplayer with Halo 5

Porting a game should NOT take longer than a year for a full team of 343i's size to do. And they outsourced the game. They put no effort into it and shafted the fans for Reach, which was stupid because who cares? Most people who are actively playing Reach likely would not play a game like Halo 1 which feels completely different and has outdated graphics.  And yeah, they could have just pushed Halo 4 back one year. Don't see the problem with that tbh. There was always a 3 year gap between new Halo games until MS stepped the milking up with H4 and H5 and CEA and MCC.

And yeah, we'd be having the same discussions about Halo 5 if Bungie was around, but at least we'd say "Well at least MCC works and has a steady population so we don't have to play Halo 5". Thanks Microsoft.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why worry about something in the past when you can

HUNT THE TRUTH!!!

CJlQu_TUsAA254X.jpg

Traitor seems about right.  :bravo:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Have you tried pre-ordering Halo 5?

This made me laugh way more than it should.

• Upvote (+1) 2

At least there's some humor involved in the destruction of my favorite game... Thanks for the laughs y'all

For the past hour i've had unplayable lag, inability to find matches, cant use game chat, roster broken, kicked to lobby while searching. 

AND PEOPLE WANT TO BUY H5 FUCK

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is the kind of bullshit lag I seem to deal with almost every game. It takes 7 shots to kill an unshielded enemy. It's not OS, because I can clearly see his shield pop right when I engage.

http://i.imgur.com/3dX78iI.gifv

Don't trust the shield pops in MCC, they're often wrong. He probably still had some overshield left.

• Upvote (+1) 1