CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So guys what's your favorite cereal

Mini Wheats. It's the only cereal that fill me up in one serving before I kick ass in UT 99.

by "kick ass in UT 99" I mean going to work and visiting beyond on my phone

• Upvote (+1) 2

So guys what's your favorite cereal

I like Apple Jacks but I've been eating Special K lately because I'm old.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been out of the loop for a while, so can anybody fill me in on this Iron Gaming? Are they sorta like MLG, in that they are the standard bearers of competitive settings now? Are they any good at it?

EDIT: Also, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Master Race reporting in.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Isn't there some sort of beef with IG and the Beyond staff? I've been barely paying attention personally.

I've been out of the loop for a while, so can anybody fill me in on this Iron Gaming? Are they sorta like MLG, in that they are the standard bearers of competitive settings now? Are they any good at it?

EDIT: Also, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Master Race reporting in.

CTC is OP as hell. It's a 2 bowl kill, whereas RK are at least a 4 bowl kill with a much higher sugar-magnetism skill gap.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So i was expecting mcc to have more than 1 playlist for each game. Will i not be able to search halo 1 2v2s only?

Isn't there some sort of beef with IG and the Beyond staff? I've been barely paying attention personally.

IGs big event is over, its done with

So i was expecting mcc to have more than 1 playlist for each game. Will i not be able to search halo 1 2v2s only?

We don't know yet. I am not optimistic about competitive playlists, but things could change.

CTC is OP as hell. It's a 2 bowl kill, whereas RK are at least a 4 bowl kill with a much higher sugar-magnetism skill gap.

CTC is just way too sweet. My preferred cereal is Vector.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It is 1:30 am, so this will not be the best grammatical post.

Here is my take on MCC and how the population will be divided:

H3= Most

H2=Second most

HCE= Third most

My reasoning behind this is because Halo 3 was undoubtedly, population wise, the prime in all of Halo and MLG. With the introduction of forge and theater, it added a whole new level of depth to the game and competitive scene. Halo 3 was the first game and only game to get MULTIPLE MLG playlist (MLG and MLG FFA). Also, MLG top ten, I know for sure every time I got a nice OV Exterm the first thing I thought of was MLG Top Ten.

There are a lot more facts I can go into about, but the biggest reason the population will be mainly be in H3 boils down to simple demographics. This is in no way a supported answer, but if I had to estimate the average age of H2 competitively players back in the day. I would say 16-20. If you add 10 years to that, you have people well into their careers and most likely with kids who won't have time for video games or be able to drop $400 + $60 as easily, because of bills and etc. However, Halo 3's competitive demographic is still within 24-27 and even younger because I know I played the most Halo casually and competitively when I was 12-13 years old (I am 18 now) in Halo3, and even more my age played casually trying to get onto bungie favorites and getting recon armor etc.

tl;dr Halo 3 is most likely to have most population because its age demographic is still young enough to be able to return to Halo off of mere nostalgic feelings.

Just my 2 pennies.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H3= Most

H2=Second most

HCE= Third most

My reasoning behind this is because Halo 3 was undoubtedly, population wise, the prime in all of Halo and MLG. With the introduction of forge and theater, it added a whole new level of depth to the game and competitive scene. Halo 3 was the first game and only game to get MULTIPLE MLG playlist (MLG and MLG FFA). Also, MLG top ten, I know for sure every time I got a nice OV Exterm the first thing I thought of was MLG Top Ten.

There are a lot more facts I can go into about, but the biggest reason the population will be mainly be in H3 boils down to simple demographics. This is in no way a supported answer, but if I had to estimate the average age of H2 competitively players back in the day. I would say 16-20. If you add 10 years to that, you have people well into their careers and most likely with kids who won't have time for video games or be able to drop $400 + $60 as easily, because of bills and etc. However, Halo 3's competitive demographic is still within 24-27 and even younger because I know I played the most Halo casually and competitively when I was 12-13 years old (I am 18 now) in Halo3, and even more my age played casually trying to get onto bungie favorites and getting recon armor etc.

tl;dr Halo 3 is most likely to have most population because its age demographic is still young enough to be able to return to Halo off of mere nostalgic feelings.

Just my 2 pennies.

18-22 year olds are the the people with the least amount of money. How many Halo 2 players moved onto Halo 3? Just about everyone. And what does MLG playlist have to do with anything? The competitive base smaller than the general population base and most competitive players are going to say CE > H2 > H3.

I don't mind your opinion but I don't see how you can come to that conclusion considering this is the H2A and for the first time ever Halo CE multiplayer.

18-22 year olds are the the people with the least amount of money. How many Halo 2 players moved onto Halo 3? Just about everyone. And what does MLG playlist have to do with anything? The competitive base smaller than the general population base and most competitive players are going to say CE > H2 > H3.

I don't mind your opinion but I don't see how you can come to that conclusion considering this is the H2A and for the first time ever Halo CE multiplayer.

He could be right, most of the OG Xbox generation are in their mid-late 20's now and its pretty clear most of the players in the community today were most invested into H3(it was the most popular Halo MP game). The XB1 Generation will basically be a continuation of the 360 generation so its not hard to fathom that H2+H3 could be close in population.

Halo CE was primarily a LAN game with a fraction of the MP player-base and will scare noobs away who are not used to the TSK pistol(pretty huge difference from modern Halo) and are losing every PW and power-up to veteran players

Its going to be H2 or H3 by a slim margin out in front then Halo CE in the first months, long-term who knows.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know about you, but I'd hate to veto Backwash just to get Complex.[/quote

And I'd rather play either off of a streak of 5 Guardian games.

H3= Most

H2=Second most

HCE= Third most

Just my 2 pennies.

H2 will still have more players than H3 in MCC. H3 has been on XBL since it came out, people have played it and pretty bored with it. H2 is a fresh experience for many, and since it's been off XBL for a few years now, people will want to play it since they haven't had the chance to.

People will definitely be playing H3, and people will likely pick H3 a lot in the map voting in the cross-game playlists because a lot of people will be familiar with the maps, but for anyone coming into the Halo scene late, they would have played their fair share of H3 on XBL and will be wanting a "new" Halo aka H2 to play.

EDIT: I'll actually be very surprised if they provide us with population counters for each individual game and the cross-game playlists. My guess is they'll just add in a total population for the whole game which means we'll probably never found out how many people are playing the different games. It'll work in 343's favour too seeing as it won't show the miserable population that H4 will have.

I just noticed that Speed Boost is being added to the Halo 2: Anniversary. My stomach just turned a little. 

I just noticed that Speed Boost is being added to the Halo 2: Anniversary. My stomach just turned a little. 

They've planned Speed Boost for years before H4. Also what's so bad about it, exactly?

They've planned Speed Boost for years before H4. Also what's so bad about it, exactly?

It's cheap, gimmicky, map breaking, reminds one of Halo 4, etc. 

It's cheap, gimmicky, map breaking, reminds one of Halo 4, etc. 

Fair enough. I'll wait until it's used in an actual decent Halo game before I judge it.

Fair enough. I'll wait until it's used in an actual decent Halo game before I judge it.

Good point.

Frankly speed boost with Halo 2's strafe (assuming they get that down in H2A) sounds really fun to me.

I have no issue with speed boost.  Just another map pick up to control and fight for.  It's the dropping it at your feet for getting a few assists that drove me nuts.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I will be pretty sad if there is no CE 2v2 playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know this probably sounds a bit crazy but does anyone else feel that MCC will make Halo 4 a tad more enjoyable? Not in the sense that anything has changed but for the simple fact that it will rarely get voted for. A big problem of mine with Halo 4 is that I can't play more than 5 games before shutting off my Xbox. With MCC, it'll be so rare to see a Halo 4 game voted for that when one does win the vote it may be, dare I say it, refreshing. I'm probably going to change my mind the second Halo 4 gets voted in my lobby and just flip out but I could definitely see myself enjoying H4 a little more than I do now in small doses.

I know this probably sounds a bit crazy but does anyone else feel that MCC will make Halo 4 a tad more enjoyable? Not in the sense that anything has changed but for the simple fact that it will rarely get voted for. A big problem of mine with Halo 4 is that I can't play more than 5 games before shutting off my Xbox. With MCC, it'll be so rare to see a Halo 4 game voted for that when one does win the vote it may be, dare I say it, refreshing. I'm probably going to change my mind the second Halo 4 gets voted in my lobby but I could definitely see myself wnjoyingm H4 a little more than I do now in small doses.

I think it will be fun just because no one will take it seriously. It will be that break in between the serious games that lets you just dick around.