CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Same thing happened to me. I want to gamestop and bought a new controller. I peeled (not ripped) off the tape. I swapped controllers and returned it the next day. Perfect exchange, and I got a new controller!

Might have to try this. lol

343 completely avoiding MCC is another reason why I wish people would keep true to their words and boycott H5. Seriously this is pathetic, just keep in mind, if you're buying H5, you're supporting the same company...

(Yes I know there are two different teams but it's one company.)

Yeah. I've seen a few people here hop on the latest trend.

Boycott Halo 5? Yeah! 343 suck!

E3? Yeah Halo 5 hype!

I'm here just wishing it wasn't called "Halo" 5 Guardians. It doesn't look like a bad game, it just doesn't look like Halo and that bothers me.

• Upvote (+1) 9

E3? Yeah Halo 5 hype!

I'm here just wishing it wasn't called "Halo" 5 Guardians. It doesn't look like a bad game, it just doesn't look like Halo and that bothers me.

Yeah exactly! People just don't seem to know what they want. Sure, 343 can make a really cool game however all of their ideas just don't work well with halo. If it's a brand new game, it'll probably be awesome.

E3? Yeah Halo 5 hype!

My friends have the consenus that if Halo:5 were called any other game (they have joked around with "Star Killer") then they wouldn't be as bothered with things like Sprint, thrust, clamber, etc. It honestly looks like a fun game and something they want to play, its just not what they want out of Halo.

As far as the trend goes: I get it, I really do, but I don't think you are going to convince anyone online about changing their mind. I think most people have already made up their mind from what happened with MCC if they are going to buy it day one or not. Some relevant information might tip you one way or the other (the beta ran pretty good, its being developed by a larger team from 343i and not 7 different companies) to tip those on the fence one way or the other, but just flat out "MCC was horrible don't pre order H/5" is pointless to me.

I've noticed kids eating shots and the problems this game is having is inexcusable, but I stopped caring about Halo as much. It's just nice being able to play all the Halo's online. Hopefully the issues get fixed because I could care less about H5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

because I could care less about H5.

Well at least you care a little bit

• Upvote (+1) 2

Reach seems to have a larger population than MCC.

What is life.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You should have known better than to trust people on the internet when they said they werent going to buy H5. So many people on this board have already flipped flopped on that. "At least the shootings good" "We're getting X settings"

If you have to keep using qualifiers to justify buying this game then thats a problem itself.

"Don't buy it day one, buy it later" you're still buying it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You should have known better than to trust people on the internet when they said they werent going to buy H5. So many people on this board have already flipped flopped on that. "At least the shootings good" "We're getting X settings"

If you have to keep using qualifiers to justify buying this game then thats a problem itself.

"Don't buy it day one, buy it later" you're still buying it.

Pre orders are more of an issue. If they saw that people weren't pre-ordering the game they'd see that may might be in a bit of trouble and actually work on the issues the fans are complaining about.

If I ever buy this game I'm buying it used

• Upvote (+1) 3

343 completely avoiding MCC is another reason why I wish people would keep true to their words and boycott H5. Seriously this is pathetic, just keep in mind, if you're buying H5, you're supporting the same company...

(Yes I know there are two different teams but it's one company.)

MCC wasn't even made by 343 it was completely outsourced to other companies. Halo 5 was actually made by 343 and is going to be amazing, I already pre-ordered the Legendary edition /s

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 11

MCC wasn't even made by 343 it was completely outsourced to other companies. Halo 5 was actually made by 343 and is going to be amazing, I already pre-ordered the Legendary edition /s

@@FarSight XR~20

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's fine, believe what you want.

Can't get a game in any MCC playlist. Americans don't know how good they have it.

I just got into a game where none of the inputs on my controller did anything and I had no sound. I couldn't even leave so I had to close the game from the dashboard.

And people actually say this crap is fixed.

4505587180.png

If I could show you how many times my shots didn't register on you, you'd feel bad about that game. 

If I could show you how many times my shots didn't register on you, you'd feel bad about that game. 

No I wouldn't because the same thing would happen to us. It's not like the occasional shot not registering will change the outcome of the game. It wasn't red bar, and if you were lagging, it had nothing to do with me. GG anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No I wouldn't because the same thing would happen to us. It's not like the occasional shot not registering will change the outcome of the game. It wasn't red bar, and if you were lagging, it had nothing to do with me. GG anyway.

It definitely wasn't just occasional, but ggs I guess.

/s means sarcasm you braindead morons

Lol whoops, didn't even notice that. Wish I could undo my neg. It's like a reflex when I read the word 'preorder'.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Lol whoops, didn't even notice that. Wish I could undo my neg. It's like a reflex when I read the word 'preorder'.

Am I meant to neg?

:|

Tried to start up MCC just now and kept getting "Could not retrieve your latest saved data". Hard reset my xbox twice and still nothing. Software engineers should rename a prevalent error to "Error 343". This developer is an error in and of itself.

EDIT: Apparently xbox live is down at the moment, but I still maintain that Error 343 should be a thing.

Pre orders are more of an issue.

Pre-orders mean a lot to devs but what a lot of people don't realize is that the sales figures AAA devs care about aren't just pre-order numbers, its day 1 sales and even the sales within the first 7 days of release because thats where the majority of that games sales are going to come from in its life span. There are a couple anomalies to this, H3 and MW2 are the only two that come to mind in the last decade or so but those are exceptions, not the rule.

Tried to start up MCC just now and kept getting "Could not retrieve your latest saved data". Hard reset my xbox twice and still nothing. Software engineers should rename a prevalent error to "Error 343". This developer is an error in and of itself.

It's an Xbox One thing, not an MCC thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1