CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Oh yeah, anybody know if they ever mentioned something about the powerups in H2A? As in how will they function? Like the original way, where you would just walk over the powerup to get it or the shitty version as in H4 where you needed to press a button to get it. 

Oh yeah, anybody know if they ever mentioned something about the powerups in H2A? As in how will they function? Like the original way, where you would just walk over the powerup to get it or the shitty version as in H4 where you needed to press a button to get it. 

Likely you'll need to pick it up manually but we don't know.

It just frustrates me that people aren't looking into these things more and judging the game on things that they won't have to play or that they don't know anything about. 

I agree, didnt mean to neg rep u ;[  I meant to give u a positive :]

In a 5 minute span last night;

- I got in a promethean vision nade fight

- Had 2 separate guys sprint away when weak, then used promethean vision to prevent my chase

- Randomly spawn a SAW and kill my entire team

- Randomly spawn an OS to save himself from my cross-room grenades

- had multiple people charge me because of grenade indicators

- had awkward hallway standoffs because the radars tell you how far away everyone is, their elevation, when their last doctors appointment was, and what their taste in music is out to about half a mile.

I can't wait for CE online.

Why are you still playing H4? Are you a masochist?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Why are you still playing H4? Are you a masochist?

To be totally honest, I got beat in doubles a bunch of times and played really really badly and it didn't sit well with me. So I'm trying to get back into Halo shape to see if I can beat the Halo 4 kids at their own game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To be totally honest, I got beat in doubles a bunch of times and played really really badly and it didn't sit well with me. So I'm trying to get back into Halo shape to see if I can beat the Halo 4 kids at their own game.

So the answer is "yes".

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

in game call outs are back

3d4982c78450429af6c100bd571bf69d.png02e385fb6248d716521576fa78656157.png

That was one feature I actually really liked in Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If people actually use them this time around, yea amazing feature. However, from what I remember from the 6ish months that I played Reach, for at least half the callouts people used something else than what was displayed over the radar.

possibly the only addition they added from shadowrun that worked in halo.

I always liked the idea of it, but didn't like the names they picked from what I can remember. The names worked decently for shadowrun but not so well for Halo imo

• Upvote (+1) 1

possibly the only addition they added from shadowrun that worked in halo.

I always liked the idea of it, but didn't like the names they picked from what I can remember. The names worked decently for shadowrun but not so well for Halo imo

Yep, the key to callouts is to make them short and obvious. Some of the one's in Reach didn't fall into that category, nor does the one in the picture RyanW posted. It's still a good idea, just needs better implementation like you said.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If the callouts in H2A are different than the callouts people actually used in Halo 2, then it's pointless.

Big tower was literally referred to as "big tower" at RTX... why call it something different in-game?

If the callouts in H2A are different than the callouts people actually used in Halo 2, then it's pointless.

Big tower was literally referred to as "big tower" at RTX... why call it something different in-game?

For teh lorez, bro.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know where to find the full RTX video? I can see from the video on Ascension they are doing some kind of panel, is there any way to watch the full video?

Found it for those interested

Yeah I don't know where that whole Pokemon Trainer shit came from, I must of copied that as a quote on the SSB4 forums I'm on yesterday and then control+v'd without noticing that came out.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Anyone know where to find the full RTX video? I can see from the video on Ascension they are doing some kind of panel, is there any way to watch the full video?

Edit: Found it, here it is for anyone else interested.

Pokemon Trainer should only be given the first 151 pokemon, as his canon is Red.

Pokemon Trainer should only be given the first 151 pokemon, as his canon is Red.

E1a1FzQ3bdQ

umm....

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know what's really bothering after yesterday that people still don't understand that Halo 2 Anniversary MP is completely different from the original Halo 2 MP that you can still play in the Master Chief Collection. So technically you have five different MP games:

• Halo CE
  • Halo 2
  • Halo 2 Anniversary
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 4

People are upset like "343 hasn't learned", "why is 343 ruining Halo 2", "I might not even buy this game anymore", "this just proves Halo 5 will be bad", etc.

I don't understand how something like new weapons and vehicles are bad as something like sprint or custom loadouts. The dynamic events are meh but were nice in Halo 3 Silenced SMG, AR, etc were all meant to be in the game and they're being added in to a director's cut portion of the game which is limited to 6 maps, you can play those original 6 maps on the original Halo 2 MP if you want to. It's like these changes are bad, we can't have minor additions and changes to something that isn't being forced on us. 

And then all these people think, because of one thing on a HaloFollower video, H2A MP will have loadouts because the video said Weapon Sets or they actually think H2A MP=the full H2 experience.

It just frustrates me that people aren't looking into these things more and judging the game on things that they won't have to play or that they don't know anything about. 

Yeah that bothered me a lot as well. Was getting on my nerves that people really didn't seem to get that the original version of the game is available as well...

In regards to 'weapon sets' I didn't feel it was clear what that meant... I felt like he meant how in Halo 2 in quick options you can choose a set of weapons on map; pistols, rifles, random etc.

But I guess it could mean loadouts. Though I would think that if they were loadouts he would have called them by that name.

Would be nice to get that cleared up. 

What 5 maps are you referring to?

Pris, Hang Em, Chill Out, Damnation, Battle Creek I'm guessing?

Honestly I'd be disapointed if Rat Race, Longest, Derelict, and Wizard were discluded from a 2v2 playlist.  It's not like it's for money and I've grown to love all of these maps for one reason or another even if they aren't perfect.

You know how voting systems usually give maps to the left voting priority?

What would you think of "the five" getting priority, with other maps getting that slot all the way to the left just in case?  Maybe even some 2v2 Snipers over there?

• Upvote (+1) 1

What would you think of "the five" getting priority, with other maps getting that slot all the way to the left just in case? Maybe even some 2v2 Snipers over there?

I think that would be perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What would you think of "the five" getting priority, with other maps getting that slot all the way to the left just in case?  Maybe even some 2v2 Snipers over there?

shocked-spit-out-drink-o.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

shocked-spit-out-drink-o.gif

Ya got a problem with snipers now brah?

@Hitz - Not a fan of the use of "the five".  I know one person said what that means to them but they openly admited "yeah, you could throw BC in there"  For me, Pris is obviously/always my favorite 2s map.  But my second favorite rotates, usually between Hang Em and Rat Race(I feel like Rat Race just doesn't get enough love).  Chilly and Dammy probably tied for my 3/4 favs.  It starts to get fuzzy though because I really LOVE Dere but just don't think it's a very fair map, I probably enjoy it more than Chilly or Dammy while BC on the other hand I don't enjoy but objectively have no issue with it.  I enjoy Longest sometimes and don't really have an issue with it, it is a test of nade mettle.  Wizard is also fun and very intense when it's close but again super unfair.

Cliffnote - Derefix is in the rotation for my second favorite

Ya got a problem with snipers now brah?

in 2v2 yes, but i love me a game of BA snipers

I'll still be interested in seeing how the H2A engine plays.