CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Please, please please do not give them your money at launch.

If you are gonna buy the game, PLEASE just wait and get a used copy a week after launch.

I certainly won't be preordering or buying on release, but if the game has a smooth, bugless launch and my friends are playing, is it acceptable if I buy a copy?

I certainly won't be preordering or buying on release, but if the game has a smooth, bugless launch and my friends are playing, is it acceptable if I buy a copy?

Yes, but only if you buy it used.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm sure as hell not buying a copy, and I'm not buying Microsoft's next console either. They've completely lost their way, and need to pay for it... :angry:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm sure as hell not buying a copy, and I'm not buying Microsoft's next console either. They've completely lost their way, and need to pay for it... :angry:

I will wait until Windows 10 before I gage if my Xbone was worth it or not. Windows 10 looks absolutely amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I will wait until Windows 10 before I gage if my Xbone was worth it or not. Windows 10 looks absolutely amazing.

Seriously, everyone shat on Windows 8 for getting rid of the start menu, but it was so obviously just a stepping stone to get to the vision they had for Windows 10. Win 8.1 is optimized af.

Now, we have the Surface Pro getting full Windows 10 with Cellular 4G data, so you don't need to be connected to wifi. AT&T and Verizon are getting buttfucked by the FCC, so at some point, unlimited cellular data plans will be affordable, and actually unlimited. Plus, MS has OneDrive for free/cheap, which lets you easily sync files between the Surface and Desktop. Plus, the entire Office Suite is actually really sick now, with a huge focus on collaboration, so everything is way more productive. Also, you can also stream your XB1 directly to any Win10 device. I'm not sure what that exactly entails, but it sounds interesting.

I'm no fan of MS in the gaming industry, but they sure af are making Win10 insanely attractive for someone in Software Development like me.

Do we know when this will happen?

Do we know when this will happen?

End of the month.

10 losses in a row, all of which I went triple positive.

Lord help me.

My X1 is a Netflix/Twitch machine at this point. I have no interest in playing video games by myself and all of my friends quit playing because of the MCC disaster.

My X1 is a Netflix/Twitch machine at this point. I have no interest in playing video games by myself and all of my friends quit playing because of the MCC disaster.

It's a shame, but I'm sort of in the same boat. I'm losing hope in actually playing halo whatsoever. Every game I join is myself and a bunch of level 1s/2s vs a team of 24+ and my team either blows it, or I get a real team that quits. My friends all stopped playing because there is no incentive.

My dude, you can do whatever you would like! If your friends are playing, having a good time, the game isnt broke in half - absolutely scoop up a (used) copy

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do I play ODST? I installed it awhile ago, but I can't seem to be able to play it.

How do I play ODST? I installed it awhile ago, but I can't seem to be able to play it.

It's under Halo 3 on the Campaign selection.

DONT LET THE HYPE STOP YOU FROM SEEING THE TRUTH!

Dont worry, I am still hunting the truth  :kappa:

Despite CE's flaws in MCC, I get sucked into that playlist for hours every time I go on. I'm losing sleep to it. I know I can't speak for everyone but I've been getting fast matches and great games, and that's going in solo (people miraculously started using their mics I guess). I didn't play much XBC back in the day and its great to see what I've been missing all these years.

All I could ask from them is to iron out the remaining bugs in CE and add join-in-progress for customs. A custom game browser would be ideal but at this point I wouldn't hold my breath.

I think I can speak for a lot of people here when I say that I don't have as much time for video games anymore (probably too old for this anyway) and the success or failure of yet another sequel to the series that's been on a downward spiral for the last decade doesn't make a lick of difference to me. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Needs MLG Halo 3 playlist.

We'll be playing Halo 3 MLG on the Xbone via backwards compatibility before we do on MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We'll be playing Halo 3 MLG on the Xbone via backwards compatibility before we do on MCC.

Or in 2017 with Halo 3 Anniversary.

But seriously, do you guys think there will be even an Anniversary Edition for H3? If so we then would have (with backwards compatibility) 4 different Halo 3s (360, MCC, BC, H3A). I hope they will remove the spread of the BR and make the MLG settings universal (110% Speed etc). But tbh I dont even think there will be one, it would most likely kill the rest of H5s population. 

Inb4 "H3 is bullshit anyways" comments.

But seriously, do you guys think there will be even an Anniversary Edition for H3? If so we then would have (with backwards compatibility) 4 different Halo 3s (360, MCC, BC, H3A). I hope they will remove the spread of the BR and make the MLG settings universal (110% Speed etc). But tbh I dont even think there will be one, it would most likely kill the rest of H5s population. 

There will be an MCC: Anniversary, which includes the original MCC plus Reach! All on dedicated* servers.

*TBD after release.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nope. Game looks good enough as is. Doesn't need a remaster.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nope. Game looks good enough as is. Doesn't need a remaster.

Needs hit scan though. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Needs hit scan though. 

giphy.gif

A

Fucking

Men

My prediction --- we will receive 1 more Content update before H5.

Then MCC will finally be cast into the abyss - its not hard to figure out, look at their latest Community Update, NOT ONE WORD ABOUT MCC.

THERE IS A REASON FOR THIS PEOPLE

Please, please please do not give them your money at launch.

If you are gonna buy the game, PLEASE just wait and get a used copy a week after launch.

Unfortunately for me, I buy all my games digital because I share my games with a friend. I am holding out on pre ordering though at least.

Btw first post. I have been following halo on here for several months now and decided to finally make an account.

• Upvote (+1) 7