CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I would have been somewhat content with AT LEAST a mention of how the MCC team is working hard on the next CU.

ZERO mention is not good at all

• Upvote (+1) 6

RvWj3yV.png

:holmes:

Also not a single word on MCC in the delayed community update. :bravo:   Great... 

• Upvote (+1) 5

A friend and I get put on opposite teams in ranked smh

Been on a hiatus, just catching up.

So Bravo stated it's not a content issue.. But rather a "system issue with how they're integrated"...

This translates to me as a coding issue.

Me, being a developer, translates this coding issue as a "we don't know how to make generic functions" issue (generic meaning a function that can be used by different entities regardless of content -- like a template so to speak).

The reason I can draw this conclusion is because 

A.) There are already forge maps included in Halo 3.

B.) Thera are not forge maps for Team Hardcore (or a playlist for that matter).

C.) If there can be A, and for some reason there cannot be B, that can only mean that there are individual imports for each map/gametype for each selection in every playlist... Which makes ZERO sense.

The only other possible scenario of what I think could be an issue is that Forge has some additional bugs that we don't know about, but then again, Bravo said it's not a content issue, it's an integration issue.

But hey. What do I know?

I don't care for Halo 3 at all (CE/H2 kid 4 lyf3) but it's honestly ridiculous that they can't just make a simple playlist, put the maps in, and call it day. No, instead, 343 decides to piss off an entire sub-section of a community for 8 months. Makes sense.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Been on a hiatus, just catching up.

So Bravo stated it's not a content issue.. But rather a "system issue with how they're integrated"...

This translates to me as a coding issue.

Me, being a developer, translates this coding issue as a "we don't know how to make generic functions" issue (generic meaning a function that can be used by different entities regardless of content -- like a template so to speak).

The reason I can draw this conclusion is because 

A.) There are already forge maps included in Halo 3.

B.) Thera are not forge maps for Team Hardcore (or a playlist for that matter).

C.) If there can be A, and for some reason there cannot be B, that can only mean that there are individual imports for each map/gametype for each selection in every playlist... Which makes ZERO sense.

The only other possible scenario of what I think could be an issue is that Forge has some additional bugs that we don't know about, but then again, Bravo said it's not a content issue, it's an integration issue.

But hey. What do I know?

I don't care for Halo 3 at all (CE/H2 kid 4 lyf3) but it's honestly ridiculous that they can't just make a simple playlist, put the maps in, and call it day. No, instead, 343 decides to piss off an entire sub-section of a community for 8 months. Makes sense.

You can't try to understand 343's development journey. Once I read the patch notes about off-host bullets doing more damage in h1, I gave up. I understand that it could have been an attempt at lag compensation, but that's honestly one of the worst design decisions I've ever seen. And I don't even know what to say if it wasn't an attempt at lag comp.

• Upvote (+1) 9

You can't try to understand 343's development journey. Once I read the patch notes about off-host bullets doing more damage in h1, I gave up. I understand that it could have been an attempt at lag compensation, but that's honestly one of the worst design decisions I've ever seen. And I don't even know what to say if it wasn't an attempt at lag comp.

5-dog-no-idea-what-hes-doing-300x229.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

Where were these patch notes? I was hoping they' release them and maybe they have but I've always been curious about wtf they're doing to Halo 1 in all of these patches.

OT but did 343 shut down halo 2 vista without saying anything? i cant find any games all it says is 'there are no live games available at this time.' its not that nobody is playing, there are always dedicated servers that should show up...

OT but did 343 shut down halo 2 vista without saying anything? i cant find any games all it says is 'there are no live games available at this time.' its not that nobody is playing, there are always dedicated servers that should show up...

Apparently the master server is down or something.

@@YoshinJaa

So those H3 MLG settings in mming are sweet :bravo: , if only they fixed the STILL broken aiming it would be like the good ol' days.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So those H3 MLG settings in mming are sweet :bravo: , if only they fixed the STILL broken aiming it would be like the good ol' days.

wat

Played a couple rounds of H3 Team Snipers the other day...the aiming is definitely screwed at low sensitivities, and I've never been a high sensitivity player. -_-

I don't know whats going on with CE today but everyone seems to be eating an insane amount of shots.  It's unplayable when someone will sit there eating 2 nades and a rocket just to turn around and 3 shot me.

Crazy stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Somethings off about the h3 shooting right? Its not just me? It feels easier or something

Somethings off about the h3 shooting right? Its not just me? It feels easier or something

It's worse. It's off abd has been off since release.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It feels like my BR is made of rubber, and every time I move it left or right it feels like I'm shooting from a giant fire hose.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Dude, I didn't even know that that was a thing until I read those very same patch notes haha. Like seriously? The dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's so hard being a programmer sometimes because when things are broken (games, apps, etc) all I do is try and wrap my head around how this piece of software could have been designed and what could possibly be the issue -- I'm sure most of my fellow programmers can relate haha.  :lol: 

Needless to say, you can bet my brain has been mindfuck central playing this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It has been all types of jacked up since release --  #JustMCCThings

I've won 5 straight games on my 20 and have not ranked up. I don't understand unless this is normal as you get higher?

Okay now it took 6 wins to rank up one level. Lol half of those games must have not counted or counted as losses I guess.

I've won 5 straight games on my 20 and have not ranked up. I don't understand unless this is normal as you get higher?

Okay now it took 6 wins to rank up one level. Lol half of those games must have not counted or counted as losses I guess.

Well actually if it is in fact anything like halo 2's ranking system, thats not unusual at all to take 5-6 games to rank up from lvl 20.

But Halo 3 is the best game on MCC, and every one should vote it!  :kappa:

Seriously though. Anyone that votes Halo 3 on MCC I want to smack them.

• Upvote (+1) 1