CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

My game has no music playing in the back ground right now.

tumblr_inline_nmgdxrOavf1r0g0rd_500.gif

Yeah, it's a bug. Happens randomly.

I ruined it. I played a game, and it turned back on afterwards. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Thought so. They kinda released a "patch" for the menu music a while ago, but it's so inconsistent when the music will or won't play. I keep the volume fairly high when I'm playing so I can hear footsteps better, as I don't have a good headset, but during the menus it's just SO. DAMN. LOUD. I have to keep my TV remote on hand when I'm playing so I can mute it in between games to avoid suffering through any more chanting and epic violins. It's great music but I'm so sick of it now. Didn't they think people would get tired of that?

anyone that knows what they are doing wanna play h1?

I'm decent, gettin better tho. I love how simple yet deep this game is ^^

Yeah, it's a bug. Happens randomly.

It was the greatest bug ever!

Can anyone practice octagon with me everyday a little bit? I need to get used 2 holding the controller the correct way. On the 360 I held the controller really weird, but it worked and felt good, but i  can't hold it the same way on the xbox one - Thus I need to practice holding the controller the normal way. 

My aim and confidence goes all down the drain holding the controller this way, so I need to practice in custom games. It's like switching from claw to normal, but my way of holding it is an even bigger change, the thumb isn't positioned the same way at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can anyone practice octagon with me everyday a little bit? I need to get used 2 holding the controller the correct way. On the 360 I held the controller really weird, but it worked and felt good, but i  can't hold it the same way on the xbox one - Thus I need to practice holding the controller the normal way. 

My aim and confidence goes all down the drain holding the controller this way, so I need to practice in custom games. It's like switching from claw to normal, but my way of holding it is an even bigger change, the thumb isn't positioned the same way at all.

Couldnt practice by playing one of the playlists? or Campaign?

I just wan't to practice my aim in octagon, constantly. It's much better, and faster. 

I know the maps in and out, so no worries about them. 

gg @@Stephander

that red bar strafe kid ate two rockets at one point...hilarious

twas, crappy for me tho, missed all my pistol shots til halfway through lol. You got a lot better since last I played you.

Speaking of campaign practice.

I remember when I first went into tryhard mode with Halo, I searched for ways to improve with the sniper. I read somewhere that playing campaign with the blind skull would help. Sounds like a joke, and it might have just been placebo effect, but I think it actually worked. It helps you focus more on the position of the enemy on your screen instead of just the reticle. You end up shooting more instinctively if that makes sense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My game crashes nearly every mp match. I reinstalled MCC and out of ideas to fix it. Anyone know anything helpful to fix this, or do I have to wait for the next patch? 

-Thanks 

I don't think I've ever had less fun playing Halo than I did the last 15 or so matches of various Halo games. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think I've ever had less fun playing Halo than I did the last 15 or so matches of various Halo games.

Heh. I just played Narrows ARs. I was in a good mood so it didn't phase me but it was so boring. I think it's because I know the next game will probably be as bad or worse, instead of better.

Heh. I just played Narrows ARs. I was in a good mood so it didn't phase me but it was so boring. I think it's because I know the next game will probably be as bad or worse, instead of better.

I think what's more demoralising is watching an 'insert H2 BR gametype' being outvoted by 'shitty H3 DLC map AR starts'. As for the H1 spot - I've just come to except that no one wants to play this no matter how good the map is... :(

• Upvote (+1) 3

I played a fair bit of the H3 playlist today to try to rank it up.  I decided I would rather play the AR's objective game over Epilogue BR's.  It's that bad.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I played a fair bit of the H3 playlist today to try to rank it up. I decided I would rather play the AR's objective game over Epilogue BR's. It's that bad.

its weird to me I felt the entire h3 experience is really underwhelming/overrated. I quit gaming for about 4 years once halo 3 was announced I didn't get to play during that time. The MCC was my first time actually getting to experience it online aside from a very very few matchmaking games at a friends house back in 2010. The BR is awful, movement is sooo sluggish and I just didn't understand what it had going for it that the previous two games didn't do better. I don't think it's BAD compared to reach or 4 but I don't see how people who played CE or 2 could honestly enjoy it either.

Also typing up this message on mobile was a pain.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I played a fair bit of the H3 playlist today to try to rank it up.  I decided I would rather play the AR's objective game over Epilogue BR's.  It's that bad.

You don't have to blame playing a certain game on rank. I like H3 and CE; I also enjoyed Halo 5 (though I will not buy the game) you like what you like.

Epilogue BR was never in TS before and 343 obviously have problems removing it. 

"We're adding all the fan favourites to their respective game playlists"

"Heres 4v4 Epilogue and Cold Storage" 

The playlist team is lowkey the worst team at 343. All they have to do is copy gametypes from the old games and they cant even do that. All they have to do is make OBJ gametypes BR starts and they cant even do that.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think what's more demoralising is watching an 'insert H2 BR gametype' being outvoted by 'shitty H3 DLC map AR starts'. As for the H1 spot - I've just come to except that no one wants to play this no matter how good the map is... :(

Yep. It's crushingly depressing watching BRs Sanctuary get 2 votes and Ghost Town ARs get 5.

Then Chillout CE gets one :(

It's because Halo 3 is overwhelming scrub friendly.

You don't have to blame playing a certain game on rank. I like H3 and CE; I also enjoyed Halo 5 (though I will not buy the game) you like what you like.

Epilogue BR was never in TS before and 343 obviously have problems removing it. 

I wasn't.  That's just why I was playing it.  But thank you for your permission.

That's why I'm absolute shit at the map.  It was only an FFA, Doubles and Multiteam map, none of which I played a lot of in H3.  And 343 probably isn't opposed to removing it, they are just slower than shit at doing anything with this game.  That, and there doesn't seem to be very much outcry over the map because there are so many bigger problems to tackle first.  And honestly, I wouldn't even mind the map so much if we weren't playing Slayer on it.  That's the absolute worst gametype for that map.  If it was KotH BR starts, I could handle it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't you guys think that these nameplates are connected to the rank? They are the ranks?

That would make sense but I have yet to see someone who is ranked 45+ with one of those nameplates.

Can anyone practice octagon with me everyday a little bit? I need to get used 2 holding the controller the correct way. On the 360 I held the controller really weird, but it worked and felt good, but i can't hold it the same way on the xbox one - Thus I need to practice holding the controller the normal way.

I would be down, definitely need to improve my aim and strafe. My gamertag is:

SPAiED

Played a game of CE today, got a match quickly, no lag. Woo!

How strangely optimistic.

You must be new here :P

• Upvote (+1) 1