CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I am pretty sure we've been over this already, but why is Halo 4 not in the team slayer playlist?  My friend and I were playing split screen and wanted to play Halo 4 TS but it was ranked so we couldn't.  I don't see why they wouldn't add it in just like they did in the Big Team playlist. 

Halo 4 isn't a 4v4 game, it's a 5v5 game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

at this point I don't think there is a sufficient population for party restrictions. If only the game worked at launch.....or even 3 months after.

at this point I don't think there is a sufficient population for party restrictions. If only the game worked at launch.....or even 3 months after.

The population is small compared to what Halo is used to, but it's not considered small compared to other games that can find matches in less time with 1/8th of the player base.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That's no excuse. Right now it is punishing every one because parties are matching people solo searching, resulting in their matches not being challenging in the slightest and people are searching solo and getting stomped.

If faster matchmaking times need to be sacrificed in order to have improved matching then it should.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Can anyone explain what happened to me at @21 seconds here?

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/BigShow36/video/3780676

Grenade splash damage from the PR spawn. At the beginning of the clip, there is no grenade explosion there. After you die, there is an explosion half way into the wall on the PR spawn.

Why the splash damage went through the floor and into the tunnel is a question I'm not going to get into, but that's what happened.

That, or it was A SPOOKY GHOST!

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Grenade splash damage from the PR spawn. At the beginning of the clip, there is no grenade explosion there. After you die, there is an explosion half way into the wall on the PR spawn.

Why the splash damage went through the floor and into the tunnel is a question I'm not going to get into, but that's what happened.

That, or it was A SPOOKY GHOST!

:wutface:

It sounds like I got melee'd though, so I'm leaning towards spooky ghost. I certainly died from a grenade, but right before that I was certain I got melee'd.

played like 10-15 CE playlist games today and pretty much 2/3 games were on the Amsterdam Dedi Server

that would be great if that server wouldnt make people warp and skip from time to time :/

That's no excuse. Right now it is punishing every one because parties are matching people solo searching, resulting in their matches not being challenging in the slightest and people are searching solo and getting stomped.

If faster matchmaking times need to be sacrificed in order to have improved matching then it should.

I still imagine how glorious MCC could've been if it worked at the beginning. Skilled players would've been able to level up easily the way they should've been able to while newcomers to the series would've plateaued early and be able to improve by playing with and against people in their skill range. Even when the population would eventually drop as all console games do, those who leveled up high enough would consistently get good competitive games. Even if you get random 4's matching against to4's in level 40+ games they would still be competitive because at least everyone would be competent. Oh well.

TL;DR - Spooky Ghost :wutface:

By the way man a lot of old Shadowrun players came back (a handful) due to a tweet that puckett sent out about doing a throwback tournament if the xbox one gets shadowrun for the 360 emulator. Obviously MLG is never going to do a throwback tournament for any game even though they love to tweet about it, but literally everyone left in the SR community got baited and are creating teams again and practicing. There should be a few good streams out there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know why I am almost always paired with idiots but I just played with someone who betrayed me 3 times because he is dumb enough to think that adding a melee to his weapon switch is necessary.

was his name akademik da kid?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone up to play some MM, I'd rather search 2's then search solo and wonder what I'm doing with my life still playing this game.

1. This is bullshit. Halo 3 on the 360 still has them and MM is working just fine.

2. The playerbase will NOT get bigger with these extremely unbalanced games. No party restrictions are actively discouraging people from playing MM

• Upvote (+1) 4

I chuckle 90% of the time I see your profile picture, just thought I'd let you know

• Upvote (+1) 1

Batchford is gud, confirmed: 

The montage was pretty sick, was surprised to see one of my clips in all honesty.

If there was any feedback for the 'tage, I would turn down the overall brightness for the clips, especially on the intro.

The music was synqed very well, and it was rather enjoyable to watch nonetheless. @@Clicked @@Snipetality

PS: git gud Zip :]

The montage was pretty sick, was surprised to see one of my clips in all honesty.

If there was any feedback for the 'tage, I would turn down the overall brightness for the clips, especially on the intro.

The music was synqed very well, and it was rather enjoyable to watch nonetheless. @@Clicked @@Snipetality

PS: git gud Zip :]

Not enough CE clips.

After @Teapot left me last night I solo'd the CE playlist.

"Xbox: Record That"

__nvgn.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but ever since they started the h5 hype train we haven't heard a thing about mcc. I am getting so annoyed with not getting answers where is H3 MLG settings? or are we getting party restrictions i just need some answers.

https://twitter.com/Brav/status/613804818889506816

I don't understand why they can't at the very least include the non-forge gametypes considering they've already been made.

• Upvote (+1) 1