CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Did H2 have aim acceleration? I really can't remember but H2's aiming feels so weird to me. Maybe it's the 60fps, maybe it's the xbox one controller, maybe it's just been too long, but it certainly feels like shit to me. I had to up my sensitivity to 10 and it finally feels good, I feel like I can actually respond to call outs and land shots.

Paging guru @@Lies

It did not, or at least nowhere in the same stratosphere as H3.

But I'm sure playing on 10 sens is going to exacerbate any existing problems to very noticeable levels.

Correct, though I can't really speak to what it's like playing on 10 sens, haha.

Honestly, H2 in MCC feels fantastic to me at this point. Cross-map shooting feels great, and it's obvious that my opponents are having the same success as they light me up. Whenever I see complaints on here about shot registration, I have to assume someone is playing a completely different game (aside from the very rare games where there is an obvious bad host). Perhaps some of it is that my reference point for Halo 2 being thousands of hours on XBL with "broadband" Internet in 2005 and I haven't played a ton of other Halos after H2, where the registration must have been better.

Just in terms of OG XBL H2 to MCC XBL H2, the shot registration in MCC is exponentially better - almost feels like a completely different game to me, as someone who has always preferred to battle from long range better never had the internet to make it worth while.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It absolutely matters because when he goes to the HCS events, it's just three days of straight silence.

Regardless, as mentioned in a previous post, it shouldn't have any impact on getting shit done! I agree it matters that we don't get any related news but the MCC Team should be 100% dedicated to that task and have CU's ready to roll out whenever Bravo gets the green light to let us know it'll be soon! Just saying!

Correct, though I can't really speak to what it's like playing on 10 sens, haha.

Honestly, H2 in MCC feels fantastic to me at this point. Cross-map shooting feels great, and it's obvious that my opponents are having the same success as they light me up. Whenever I see complaints on here about shot registration, I have to assume someone is playing a completely different game (aside from the very rare games where there is an obvious bad host). Perhaps some of it is that my reference point for Halo 2 being thousands of hours on XBL with "broadband" Internet in 2005 and I haven't played a ton of other Halos after H2, where the registration must have been better.

Just in terms of OG XBL H2 to MCC XBL H2, the shot registration in MCC is exponentially better - almost feels like a completely different game to me, as someone who has always preferred to battle from long range better never had the internet to make it worth while.

Have you noticed a strong level of aim acceleration in either OG H2 or MCC H2? It could have been there and it could have been just as strong. I doubt they'd add it just for Vista, but it's been too long for me to correctly remember OG H2's aiming mechanics. There were multiple times in a game last night where the last one alive for their team was portal hopping on warlock and I couldn't turn on them quick enough, or halfway through the turn my sens picks up drastically and I over-compensate.

I really wish there was an option to turn it off like in Murder Miners.

My shot's register fine as long as the host isn't a rare abysmal host like you're talking about. Usually when that's the case my bullet registration won't really matter because the game is not really in a playable state at that point. Those bad hosts a reminiscent of the stand by days where you're walking into walls and end up somewhere completely different.

@@BigShow36 thursday night let's grind some h1

Anyone else get the issue where - instead of your gun firing when you pull the trigger - you switch weapons instead?  I've gotten killed multiple times when that happens.  Only happens in games that are noticeably laggy.

I know how you feel, its kinda the same for me. Pretty much all my friends have left by now and I cant stand the attitude of the one or two left anymore. They are so happy about 343 and completely ignore that the game is still broken. Also they are some of those guys: "I like sprint - it makes the game faster. Clamber is in other games why shoudnt it be in Halo" and dont even listen if I bring up all the arguments made against it.

The thing is, I really would like to play Halo. Whenever I see a new montage, a crazy clip on SHC or just some good old H1-3/R gameplay I really want to turn on my Box and play. But there is so much frustration inside me that just waits to come out and that happens pretty much as soon as I start the MCC. I finnaly find a game in HCE after 20 minutes of search and then I got shot by my teamate(s) who dont know how to even hold the controller and just got mad because they were getting destroyed from the enemy team. Or I match a team of 4 in H3 full of complete tryhards while I just want to have a bit of fun. H2A gets boring after two games and I dont even want to start on the crashes and such. Then I just turn off my One again after half an hour (one game and the rest search time) and say fuck it and wont touch it for at least two weeks.

I got back to some single player games I still had to play (The Dragon Age series, KoA Reckoning etc) and yeah, currently I dont even miss Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This whole no party's restrictions is pissing me off, i wouldn't mind getting a party of 4 if it was only once in awhile but it is seriously every game. i just don't understand why it is every game than you get idiots that don't know how to play the game on your team. i truly believe i am either cursed or this game is messing with me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Interesting read.

@@Teapot - hard to really tell how 10sens plays into the data from that link, but my guess is that unless you're doing some 1080s as you jump off of the plat on Warlock or something, you're probably below the threshold to really feel significant effects of aim acceleration, haha.

Reading that also made me really miss playing SR, for some reason. I'm still really proud of the fact that I was the only person who played in Halo 2 open bracket and Shadowrun open bracket at the same event, ha; what a crazy weekend that was. Anakin was NOT happy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That was an awesome read man. I've played a bunch of TF2, Shadowrun and Quake and it's interesting to see/read their entries on them. It taught me a good amount about aim acceleration and aim smoothing and I'm sure it's just my nostalgia telling me it's different and wrong.

What this study shows is that what we perceive as "aim acceleration" is something different, whether it be the inevitable hardware lag of modern consoles/flatscreen TVs or something else.

Anyone down to play some h1? Getting tired of matching with little kids that don't have mics who quite three minutes in against teams of two.

Anyone down to play some h1? Getting tired of matching with little kids that don't have mics who quite three minutes in against teams of two.

Will you be on around 5:30 EST?

I know how you feel, its kinda the same for me. Pretty much all my friends have left by now and I cant stand the attitude of the one or two left anymore. They are so happy about 343 and completely ignore that the game is still broken. Also they are some of those guys: "I like sprint - it makes the game faster. Clamber is in other games why shoudnt it be in Halo" and dont even listen if I bring up all the arguments made against it.

The thing is, I really would like to play Halo. Whenever I see a new montage, a crazy clip on SHC or just some good old H1-3/R gameplay I really want to turn on my Box and play. But there is so much frustration inside me that just waits to come out and that happens pretty much as soon as I start the MCC. I finnaly find a game in HCE after 20 minutes of search and then I got shot by my teamate(s) who dont know how to even hold the controller and just got mad because they were getting destroyed from the enemy team. Or I match a team of 4 in H3 full of complete tryhards while I just want to have a bit of fun. H2A gets boring after two games and I dont even want to start on the crashes and such. Then I just turn off my One again after half an hour (one game and the rest search time) and say fuck it and wont touch it for at least two weeks.

I got back to some single player games I still had to play (The Dragon Age series, KoA Reckoning etc) and yeah, currently I dont even miss Halo.

@Bolded: Practically describes how I grew up. Anytime I would be down, pissed off after losing to standbyers/modders, or out of it because we just lost 2-1 by 1 point against a top ranked GB team or something like that.. I would ALWAYS go to the dashboard with my brother (who I teamed with) and you remember how on the 360 dashboard there used to be that feature where you could watch videos together in like a little theater and your avatars would come in? Lol I used to do that all the time and watch episodes of the MLG circuit and I would forget about all the problems I was having and instantly get super pumped to play again! 

Even if it's not to compete, watching those old events gets me super excited to play. However, I get on MCC and then immediately get pissed off because of the issues you mentioned. Mainly getting idiots who can't figure that you can walk and shoot at the same time. Or game glitches like falling through the map, jumping off a little ass buildings in Halo 2 and taking fall damage and dying because of it... It's depressing. And I don't get pumped up watching HCS because I hate H2A. I personally think the game is awful, but watching players like Arkanum, anybody on EG, or Pistola is interesting sometimes. But very seldom.

I feel for you too, because honestly after the first month or two after MCC released, I REFUSED to go into matchmaking by myself unless I had at least one other person I know I could carry with. Otherwise, I need at least three people or a team of 4 or I'm not playing at all (I have only two dubs partners for CE and I refuse to play that solo again and they get on sporadically). Unfortunately, this has what this game has amounted to. I do not have ANY fun playing by myself. Especially considering unless I am playing Hardcore or CE, I have to legitimately worry about getting out voted for SMG start Foundation when there was a perfectly good Team BRs Midship and 1 Flag Lockout BRs available (Yes this really happened, ask @@aKREZZ and @@Stoppabl3 -- Went in with just us three and got out voted because our random didn't vote). Then I'm just stuck playing trash gametypes all day. 

No thanks MCC. I'll pass.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Split screen is officially broken. Thanks 343!

Does it do the load in late thing every time? Im curious because I haven't played any split screen but I've had that double profile glitch happen to me plenty of times. Or is it something else?

Does it do the load in late thing every time? Im curious because I haven't played any split screen but I've had that double profile glitch happen to me plenty of times. Or is it something else?

Yep, more than half the games I load in late. Sometimes it's 10 seconds other times it's closer to s minute. Either way it's still completely broken.

Team Doubles still blows pretty bad.

H2C always being the first option 95% of the time and 5% H2A in the first slot

Halo 3 always being in the second slot

Halo 4 always being in the third slot

Problems/Solutions

- The same games are in the same slots / voting selection should always be random

- Halo 2 Classic off host isn't even fair / remove Halo 2 Classic from doubles.

- Objective comes up to much / just remove objective completely an make every option Slayer.

- SMG Starts appears randomly when voting H2A / make every gametype BR/SMG BR/AR Start

Map selection should look like this.

H2A

Maps

Lockdown

Shrine

Warlord

Zenith - Remove Banshee

Gametype: Team BRs

H3

Assembly

Construct

Guardian

Heretic

Narrows

The Pit

H4

Abandon

Haven

Onyx

Rail 

Simplex

Skyline

Gametype: Legendary Slayer BRs

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Problems/Solutions

- The same games are in the same slots / voting selection should always be random

- Objective comes up to much / just remove objective completely an make every option Slayer.

- SMG Starts appears randomly when voting H2A / make every gametype BR/SMG BR/AR Start

Map selection should look like this.

H2A

H3

H4

Gametype: Legendary Slayer BRs

You can't make everything BR start. Not enough sandbox.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm honestly extremely shocked how much objective there is in doubles. Halo 3 makes you spawn with an AR so that's already out of the picture, and Halo 2 has a lot of issues. Warlock ball has to go. Also, I don't know if I just remember Halo 2 spawns fondly, but were they always this bad? Initial spawns on maps like Lockout and Warlock are just stupid.

Team Doubles still blows pretty bad.

H2C always being the first option 95% of the time and 5% H2A in the first slot

Halo 3 always being in the second slot

Halo 4 always being in the third slot

Problems/Solutions

The order that titles appear in the voting slot isn't too bad, as long as H4 is at the very end I'm not too fussed, but I think H2 and 3 should randomly appear in slot 1. While host advantage is definitely strong in H2C I disagree removing it all together and objective needs to disappear from all titles in dubs, team oddball H3 is a fucking nightmare.

RRphjs6.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

If Halo 1 on XBC taught me anything it's that I'd rather play a game that I love that is extremely laggy vs a game that has no lag but is boring and mediocre

• Upvote (+1) 4