CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Is there any way to see if your playing against a party in matchmaking? That should be the next update

As far as I know there is no feedback in-game, except for the fact that if two people of very different rank are in one team, they are partied up (e.g. 11 and 37).

Otherwise the only way, which is super clunky, is to open the players profile who you think is in a party, go to open complete profile and then check if they are playing MCC in a party from there.

No update on H3 MLG settings =\? Was hoping they'd come with this update.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I voted for Pit Flag just to see if it was when I first got on and sure enough it was AR starts. So now I'll never get to play objective.

There's not even a mix from what I've heard They're all AR starts so now H3 ranked has become Slayer BRs

I'm pretty sure I read something about them changing H2/3/4 playlists to be obj brs in the first slot, slayer brs in the second and slayer ars/smgs in the third slot every time?

Why has this not been implemented yet?

edit; actually for all obj gametypes across the board in btb/doubles/h2/h3/h4 whatever, can be please have br starts? obj without br starts is absolutely awful, especially in something like doubles. A br shouldn't be a power weapon on midship/heretic...

I really hope they add Halo 3 Hardcore to its own playlist. This is not a jab to any of you Halo 3 MLG lovers out there (I loved Halo 3 MLG as well) but if I'm playing Hardcore with my team and if Halo 2 is always in the first slot, be prepared to play H2. When I'm in the mood for Halo 3 and the bullets not working I should be able to just switch the playlist...

On a better (and less petty) note, this presents the same problem everybody had with the Team Slayer playlist. Everyone wants to play a specific game. Cross-game playlists sounded like such a good idea on paper but it's super annoying to the people who haven't played a game to be forced to play another for a rank. And this is me just being sympathetic because I'm good at all the Halos. I have plenty of friends who can go +15 consistently in Hardcore and then constantly drop -10 in CE.

It's just bad practice.

• Upvote (+1) 6

When I'm in the mood for Halo 3 and the bullets not working I should be able to just switch the playlist...

Ever since the last content update, Halo 3's hit detection has somehow become worse. I don't understand how they can make something worse when they haven't even addressed it. Maybe it's just the 343 touch...

• Upvote (+1) 2

On a better (and less petty) note, this presents the same problem everybody had with the Team Slayer playlist. Everyone wants to play a specific game. Cross-game playlists sounded like such a good idea on paper but it's super annoying to the people who haven't played a game to be forced to play another for a rank. And this is me just being sympathetic because I'm good at all the Halos. I have plenty of friends who can go +15 consistently in Hardcore and then constantly drop -10 in CE.

It's just bad practice.

That's exactly what I said last summer. How is it possible that people are now so pathetically lazy that they can't be bothered to change the fucking playlist when they feel like playing a specific game in the collection? It takes nanoseconds.

I didn't realize that so much of the Halo fanbase consisted of ditzy teen princesses out on a first date after reading The Rules for the first time. "Where do you want to eat?" "I dunno what I want, surprise me, but don't be wrong!!! :) :) :) :)". Who does that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ever since the last content update, Halo 3's hit detection has somehow become worse. I don't understand how they can make something worse when they haven't even addressed it. Maybe it's just the 343 touch...

Second this..

Felt like I was on a EU host every single game. 

Nothing was registering.

I'm just now getting a dashboard update. Anyone know what's up?

First time playing in weeks to test out the new ranks, black screened 20 times in one game. 

My internet is 100% fine, why?

lol.

First time playing in weeks to test out the new ranks, black screened 20 times in one game. 

lol.

Yeah, same here.  Just got kicked out of a game. 

H2C's hit detection is the same way for me now,

I only played a few games of h2c last night because it was so bad. I recorded a clip of me shooting a guy 6 times at red reticle range, and not even popping his shields.

It feels like I'm playing with fucking handicap on. All the guys I played h2c with basically think I'm a scrub now because apparently I can't 4 someone to save my life.

So das how my h2c career ends, I guess. I am now an #H1MasterRace kid.

#H1isTheOnlySkillfulHalo

#H2IsNoobofied

#TeamshotKilledHalo

#SetupsAreForScrubs

#gitgud

lol.

Don't worry, Halo 5 will be fine :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I went back and tested the differences myself a week or two ago with one of my friends, and I kid you not regardless of the framerate I legitimately believe the aiming (this may be a controller thing more than an MCC thing but then again, the deadzones were fucked up when the MCC first came out) and shot registration feels SO much better on the 360. A hell of a lot different. I swear I've been saying to myself everytime I play that game on MCC is that I knew Halo 3 was bad, but I don't remember it being THIS bad. Like I at least had fun playing H3 back in the day. I damn near despise playing it on MCC at this point. Well, at least the default settings because that's always sucked.

That's exactly what I said last summer. How is it possible that people are now so pathetically lazy that they can't be bothered to change the fucking playlist when they feel like playing a specific game in the collection? It takes nanoseconds.

I didn't realize that so much of the Halo fanbase consisted of ditzy teen princesses out on a first date after reading The Rules for the first time. "Where do you want to eat?" "I dunno what I want, surprise me, but don't be wrong!!! :) :) :) :)". Who does that.

I think more or less people have an issue of "This will split up the population too much" which doesn't make any sense in my opinion because if they end up playing a game they don't want to play, these kids in this Halo generation are going to

1. Quit.
  2. Not try.
  3. Drop -38

I'd rather take an extra minute to find another game than to sit here and play this "Who gets the noob?" game that has been prevalent with this whole MCC matchmaking system. But you have a point as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

H2C's hit detection is the same way for me now,

I only played a few games of h2c last night because it was so bad. I recorded a clip of me shooting a guy 6 times at red reticle range, and not even popping his shields.

It feels like I'm playing with fucking handicap on. All the guys I played h2c with basically think I'm a scrub now because apparently I can't 4 someone to save my life.

So das how my h2c career ends, I guess. I am now an #H1MasterRace kid.

#H1isTheOnlySkillfulHalo

#H2IsNoobofied

#TeamshotKilledHalo

#SetupsAreForScrubs

#gitgud

Ur bad
  • Upvote (+1) 1

lol.

Frankie is coming 4 u soupey

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get that people love halo 2, but can we not vote for SMG starts. They shouldn't be in the game, but they are

• Upvote (+1) 2

I get that people love halo 2, but can we not vote for SMG starts. They shouldn't be in the game, but they are

I swear people only ever get online to shit on others anymore. Not in the context of gaming either.

They make a lot of things worse.

• Upvote (+1) 1

and all of them are AR starts. 343 has no clue how to manage playlists. All the game types need to be BR starts and OBJ should be in the 3rd slot with TS occupying the first two like it is in CE...ppl that want to play objective in doubles are in the really low minority.

I agree. In my opinion doubles objective isn't that good.

Many times in doubles all three options are objective. Only one option should be objective and it should be the last.

It's upsetting that we're still having the AR/SMG starts issue in 2015.

Its even more upsetting getting plasma rifle starts in H2. Is it even possible to kill a moving target with a plasma rifle?

• Upvote (+1) 1