CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Regarding the 343i panel at RTX:

Ohh Q&A how you always disappoint...

Personally I think that this panel was obviously catered towards the casuals considering that it is rooster teeth. However, I can't be the only one that is worried about all these changes. They are tinkering with the sandbox (I'm not sure if that will occur in H2A and classic H2 or not).

What really kind of ticks me off is when one of the guys said that Halo 2A is basically H2++, because its Halo 2 but with all of the technology we have today helps them add a good amount of features......... And I'm like Spectator Mode PLOX?  :lxthul:

(Don't get me wrong though I'm still psyched, I'm just worried)

They're not touching OG H2. To me, I don't really like what they're doing with H2A, but I won't be playing it. Plus, it only has 6 maps, I'd much rather play H2 on all the maps then play the same 6 maps over and over again.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You would think that someone in that fuckin line would think, "What about ranking system", "What are you going to do for the competitive settings"?

I'm having the biggest nerd rage ever. And not only were the questions just dumb, but the twitch chat was just fuckin awful.

Exactly what I was waiting for too.... you would think people who got in line to ask questions would be true halo 2 fans that would know everything by now.  They were better off staying in their seats -_-

Then again, they probably weren't going to reveal much if anything about ranks since they didn't even get too much into customization armor options, looks like they're saving all the good stuff for gamescom in August.  But still, it would have been nice to hear it get mentioned.

People think speed boost is bad? News to me.

I don't think a ton of people know that Speed Boost has been planned for years before Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Although the additions of things like speedboost and a shield in ascension doesn't affect me for the MCC, it worries me for halo 5 that they somehow believe it's a good idea to add things like that to H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You guys are mad because you're hearing the truth. Not everyone is caught up on things. Not everyone has the same interests as you and me. It's not a 100% MP or competitive game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A question you don't care about. There is more to Halo than the multiplayer side of things. Truthfully, the population of RTX just aren't the kind of hardcore multiplayer fanatics, and actually care about things such as lore.

Irrelevant! You're telling me you would rather know about something about single player mode that you will literally be able to play once and find EVERYTHING as opposed to knowing something that will affect the longevity of the game (The multiplayer)? If that's the case than your logic is astounding.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

again, I don't get how speed boost is worse than OS or Camo...  damage boost I can see an argument against, but speed boost seems totally fitting.

And if I recall it was originally planned to be in halo 2...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Competitive community =/= Everyone

I agree however there are easily 100x more casual players that play strictly multiplayer Halo. That was more so my point, not exactly MLG. I'm not concerned about that because the competitive community will make the best of what we have regardless, I'm confident in all of us for that sake. What I'm worried about is stuff that is out of our control. 

That's my issue. Nothing to do with competitive vs casual.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Irrelevant! You're telling me you would rather know about something about single player mode that you will literally be able to play once and find EVERYTHING as opposed to knowing something that will affect the longevity of the game (The multiplayer)? If that's the case than your logic is astounding.

He himself? Probably not. Others at the convention? There's a good chance at least a couple will. Some people, believe it or not, are big campaign fans whether it's speedrunning, looking for easter eggs or glitches, or just playing through the campaign again. I'm one of those. The campaign never gets old for me. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not the entire Halo community.

They will disclose multiplayer details in due time. Outright attacking people for what they like Halo for is asinine.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

you're forgetting that we're the smallest minority niche community of halo..

They will disclose multiplayer details in due time. Outright attacking people for what they like Halo for is asinine.

I agree here. Telling people why they should like Halo is lame, everyone has their own reasons and consequently, their own questions.

If there is any gametype that should be pulled from h4, it should be regecide. Interesting concept to apply to h2.

Wtf is ricochet?

343is h4 premium competitive objective gametype thats super duper fun

• Upvote (+1) 2

He himself? Probably not. Others at the convention? There's a good chance at least a couple will. Some people, believe it or not, are big campaign fans whether it's speedrunning, looking for easter eggs or glitches, or just playing through the campaign again. I'm one of those. The campaign never gets old for me. 

you're forgetting that we're the smallest minority niche community of halo..

Refer to my last post.

I agree however there are easily 100x more casual players that play strictly multiplayer Halo. That was more so my point, not exactly MLG. I'm not concerned about that because the competitive community will make the best of what we have regardless, I'm confident in all of us for that sake. What I'm worried about is stuff that is out of our control. 

That's my issue. Nothing to do with competitive vs casual.

Yes. I am aware not everyone loves multiplayer, but come on... You have to admit you would rather hear about ranks first as opposed to something that you know is already in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

you think everyone only plays through the campaign once?  lol.  people are still discovering glitches and secrets and beating world records on speedruns for Halo 1.

Just like with multiplayer, there's a smaller, more dedicated portion of the fanbase who just keeps playing and finding new things and having fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys think that BxR will still be considered cheating?

When was it considered cheating before?

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys think that BxR will still be considered cheating?

seeing as they're not in h2a i would assume so

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know I'm a bit cynical, but I don't like seeing Ricochet being added to the H2A playlist hopper. That gametype will just remind me of Halo 4. 

all the gray in the remakes don't make it feel like h4 already? it does for me, but i wont be touching the remakes only OG for me :)