CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Yeah, I don't think you're gonna be changing any minds like that.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you should be an asshole to the people who do.

He's just pissed off because so many gamers are complete morons who buy into pre-order hype and are the reason triple A gaming is in shambles. There is no incentive to make a game that is actually great and has longevity, you just have to hit the right buttons in the marketing and come up with some ideas and pretty graphics to showcase to hype people into buying something before there's any indication of its actual quality.

• Upvote (+1) 6

343 feels like a conglomerate of dev teams, like an association. You got one team working on games like Spartan assault, other teams working on halo 5, and the one working on mcc. They have so many sub teams that I can't place blame on the entire company, they're so divided up in what they do. I give credit and blame in the same manner, 343 doesn't get credit, the specific team that deserved the credit does. 343 doesn't get blamed, the team that fucked up the project does. It's odd, but that's just how my brain operates, I'm the same way with other companies that have multiple teams.

How about the people in charge that are calling the shots and overseeing this gong show? Do they get blame?

Also I'm not even sure why people insist on defending Bravo so vehemently. He doesn't even mention mcc this week. Unbelievable. I'm sure he's a nice guy but in regards to his actual job he is so non committal and vague... I understand he can't say exactly what's happening behind the scenes but he can do better than this.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't know how people still do it and actually get on and play/watch halo. If I tried It I would have went insane by January, halo is just in such an embarassing state 7 months of "updates" online cups getting ddosed and constant game crashes every other cup.

Console gaming is just on a massive decline it's nothing more than a cash machine with unfinished games and DLC cash grabs.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't know how people still do it and actually get on and play/watch halo. If I tried It I would have went insane by January, halo is just in such an embarassing state 7 months of "updates" online cups getting ddosed and constant game crashes every other cup.

Console gaming is just on a massive decline it's nothing more than a cash machine with unfinished games and DLC cash grabs.

Halo is basically the only game I regularly play now.

On the whole the MCC works fine for me, I get the occasional crash or laggy game but I'm just not that bothered by them. It's playable now and I find matches quickly, that's the only thing I really care about.

I would much prefer the game to be in a perfectly working order but I'm willing to endure the bugs to play. The highs massively outweigh the lows for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I understand he can't say exactly what's happening behind the scenes but he can do better than this.

That's probably just because nothing's happening behind the scenes.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Well, we spent 3 weeks playing the game. I'm looking forward to it because I thought it was brilliant.

What a sheep!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Never really got the Friday Night/Saturday Morning update time, is it to avoid news sites possible negative pr with it being so late and the weekend?

Do miss the Thursday evening updates from years past.

Dat 2am update..

crazy-talk.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

There is no development team within 343 that works on MCC. MCC is a outsource work. Only some Executives and Playtesters at 343 worked on MCC.

But all the Stuff like porting the games, H2A MP, UI etc was done by different companys like United Front, Certain Affinity, Saber Interactive, Ruffian Games and more.

Its the same with the Patches. They even added another Studio with Splash Damage that did the big March Patch.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. 343 obviously still has MASSIVE issues implementing updates into this mutant multiplayer system they've created. Whoever gave Bravo the go ahead to confirm a date for ranks must be insane.

They're going to miss the window they foolishly gave themselves by so much that they couldn't even mention it in this update. It's gonna be at least 2 weeks before they're in, probably another month.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly if just Dan Ayoub gets fired I'd be perfectly happy. Idk about bonnie Ross that much. When halo 5 launches the MCC team should lose a lot of employees..

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm having an incredibly difficult time unpacking the reasons behind why my MCC experience is made so intentionally obtuse since this last update.  I can hardly ever find games now, it's on par with the initial launch of this debacle. I regularly have to restart my build at least THREE times before I can even get to the screen where I can begin searching.  Once I make it past this quandary of screens reading "Downloading data, not connected to xbox live" ect. I begin searching.  And searching.  And searching.  I honestly can't even grind these ranks because of a lack of consistency in finding matches.  By the time I do find a game my hands are already relaxed and cold, not ready for precision movements.  Not only that, the fallout of this game has created the strangest MM experience I have ever encountered with a ranking system.  The middle ground of players who are casual, semi-casual, semi-competitive, seem to be non-existent.  So I am constantly matched against high ranks, 50's even, whereas on my team I am getting players that have no substantial aptitude for halo yet they are ranked relatively high.  I can't even blast through the middle ground of ranks searching alone because of this mismatch of skill sets, which is the complete opposite of what a ranking system should entail.  On top of that, searching as a single still gets me matches against teams of four.  Some of this I can understand but for the most part this game is a fucking enigma.  I can't handle this disobliging, opaque, impetuous, intellectually dishonest, blame shifting, taciturn, inept game studio.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Id love to see a completely new studio behind H6, especially if they are actually Halo fans.

This x10000, at least have a full studio of people who enjoy the damn game

• Upvote (+1) 5

Today on Remnant my Rocket Launcher failed me. There were smoke and fire but no rockets. This is immersion I guess, gun do malfunction irl.

I recorded the clip and it's me jumping of the cliff and you can clearly see only the smoke puff lol .

http://i.imgur.com/Cpkcafb.gifv

• Upvote (+1) 5

This x10000, at least have a full studio of people who enjoy the damn game

Would be great, but I highly doubt 343 will get kicked out.

Really?

If anything what I said goes against the majority opinion on this forum.

He's saying you're a sheep as in you seem to easily fall for the wolf's trap with zero self awareness. The majority opinion of this forum is irrelevant to the fact that you'll be giving 343 your money yet, which was his actual point. I tend to agree having been a long time Halo fan and having seen what Bungie began to do to the series and what 343 is doing now. I'm not a serious enough person to get offended over it but if I was then I would be. What I won't do is give 343 more money to enable whatever it is they do in their studio.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just can't see 343 being able to program bots that don't get stuck in a corner 3 steps off spawn.

That sounds suspiciously like a lot of the players I'm paired with.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He's saying you're a sheep as in you seem to easily fall for the wolf's trap with zero self awareness. The majority opinion of this forum is irrelevant to the fact that you'll be giving 343 your money yet, which was his actual point. I tend to agree having been a long time Halo fan and having seen what Bungie began to do to the series and what 343 is doing now. I'm not a serious enough person to get offended over it but if I was then I would be. What I won't do is give 343 more money to enable whatever it is they do in their studio.

I think you're talking rubbish; a sheep is someone who follows the crowd, i.e: "herd mentality". I have not once heard of "sheep" being used to imply someone is falling into a trap.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sheep

As for buying H5? I actually like the direction 343 are taking the game. This may be shocking for some people on here but I'm happy with what they're doing, I think H5 is shaping up to be an amazing game. So I'm perfectly okay with giving 343 money.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I think you're talking rubbish; a sheep is someone who follows the crowd, i.e: "herd mentality". I have not once heard of "sheep" being used to imply someone is falling into a trap.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sheep

As for buying H5? I actually like the direction 343 are taking the game. This may be shocking for some people on here but I'm happy with what they're doing, I think H5 is shaping up to be an amazing game. So I'm perfectly okay with giving 343 money.

I think the "problem" is not that you or some people in general like Halo 5, it is the fact that you as a customer of a company got a broken product (MCC) which is still not working to this day. And that you want to buy H5 anyways.

If you would buy a car which misses half the promised stuff you paid for and where the rest is not working at all - would you still buy the next version of it or another product from that company? I guess not. And you cant say: Well there were other people working on the old car, so the new one will be fine. 

Of course a video game is not a car but that is exactly the point. People have to stop taking video games as "just games", they have to see it as a product like everything else out there in the world of products.

How about the people in charge that are calling the shots and overseeing this gong show? Do they get blame?

i doubt 343 management wants to be in the situation they're in, but people like Dan ayoub really don't seem like they're helping though. I blame mcc on the incompetent team they got to work on it
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1