CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Since things are so bassackwards in the industry I'd suspect MCC will get more frequent playlist updates but less patches.

well how often do patches happen, like one a month or something?

well how often do patches happen, like one a month or something?

As of right now, yup. And even then they're only just reaching the once a month goal.

As of right now, yup. And even then they're only just reaching the once a month goal.

with the nightmare that probably is the code for this game, that doesn't surprise me.

with the nightmare that probably is the code for this game, that doesn't surprise me.

I hope that code isn't a final boss in Halo 5.

"Patch ability recharging, please wait... one month...".

Whatever the Flood does to programming logic, then keep holding your breath heh.

I feel like h5 is being made by a totally different company, I mean the beta worked better than mcc, not to mention how josh comes by here fairly often to talk about the game. I mean say what you want about the content of h5, but it's most likely going to work at launch, it's like when they started developing the game they just took the best employees they had, and left mcc with like the fourth string, which seems likely considering that two entirely separate teams are working on both games. It's why my decision to buy h5 will be based on my interest in the game, rather than the failings of mcc, it's a different game, made by a different dev team. To me, mcc and h5 aren't related.

I feel like h5 is being made by a totally different company, I mean the beta worked better than mcc, not to mention how josh comes by here fairly often to talk about the game. I mean say what you want about the content of h5, but it's most likely going to work at launch, it's like when they started developing the game they just took the best employees they had, and left mcc with like the fourth string, which seems likely considering that two entirely separate teams are working on both games. It's why my decision to buy h5 will be based on my interest in the game, rather than the failings of mcc, it's a different game, made by a different dev team. To me, mcc and h5 aren't related.

That's what they said about H4 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are we not even going to get a blog post tonight?

not allowed

Are we not even going to get a blog post tonight?

Last weeks blog post was posted around 10 pst, there's still hope but I wouldn't count on it :/

Last weeks blog post was posted around 10 pst, there's still hope but I wouldn't count on it :/

The wait for just some info is terrible just want a little bit of info, like when can we expect ranks now that its been a few days and we still don't have them.

That's what they said about H4

yes they did say that, because it was true, the devs weren't the same, but I'm not saying I'm definitely buying h5 simply because it's made by different people, with h4 that was a major reason people bought the game, because it wasn't bungie. The argument was that we should've given them a chance. I'm saying that, whatever I decide, it'll be based on what I think of h5, not on the failings of a different game made by different people, it's more complicated than it was with halo 4.

I just had to talk to this kid like he was my own son that was a little fuck up because he chose to act like a fuck boy with the iq of 10 during a hang em game...RANK THE FUCKIN PLAYLIST...i'm tired of matching up with noobs, quitters who quit because they are noobs or the occasional kid that wants to fuck around because he thinks it's funny...

I just had to talk to this kid like he was my own son that was a little fuck up because he chose to act like a fuck boy with the iq of 10 during a hang em game...RANK THE FUCKIN PLAYLIST...i'm tired of matching up with noobs, quitters who quit because they are noobs or the occasional kid that wants to fuck around because he thinks it's funny...

shoulda accepted the invite

I don't even think we had the level of feedback we did now before Halo 4...

Just a few days ago, josh was talking about how things have changed from the beta, mentioning some specific mechanical changes, issues with implementing other changes/workarounds that were made, and feasibility of other changes that can be made.

For halo 4 it was "trust us". The only person on the mcc team who is doing making any interactions is bravo. Nobody else related to mcc is saying anything.

On the issue of ranks, I'd rather them take their time and make sure that they work when they're implemented, and not repeat the same mistake they made with mcc as a whole. If ranks take so long to be implemented and then don't work? I think that's reason to demand the mcc team be fired and never allowed to work in the gaming industry again. Or reproduce.

to play h3? i'm good...

we were playing BTB, sometimes you just gotta take halo less seriously

• Upvote (+1) 3

The wait for just some info is terrible just want a little bit of info, like when can we expect ranks now that its been a few days and we still don't have them.

Even if they did give us an ETA it's not like they would follow it. The have yet to meet any of their own self imposed deadlines.

Even if they did give us an ETA it's not like they would follow it. The have yet to meet any of their own self imposed deadlines.

how bad have they been? I haven't really paid attention to any deadlines they've set.

The thing is they don't set deadlines but use teasers like 'in a few days' or 'soon'. Honestly? I'd rather they make results that matter, even after stating vague eventualities than hand us empty numbers, which would make it even worse.

yeah but don't they have 2 teams?

I foresee some people losing their jobs after H5 is released (in other words, MCC team might be updating their resumes as we speak)