CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It takes a very..............special person to support them.

Stockholm syndrome.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Stockholm syndrome.

Not stockholm syndrome. That would imply that they originally didn't like 343i, which we all know they were always on their nuts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really hope they fix h1 before the weekend but this is 343 we are talking about :[

Shot reg is better than ever in my experience. Just no bullet magnetism at all so if you miss by a hair it won't count which is very frustrating on a controller.

If the reticle is red it should score a hit. (at range / speed values that are negligible) That's kind of what a red reticle means and exactly why it exists in a console FPS.

That isn't happening.

So we have a visual feedback system telling players "shoot now!" but those shots aren't good enough. This is a fundamental flaw.

This isn't just irritating or skill-gap increasing, its a huge problem.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

"There were things we didnt see in testing"

LOL at anyone who believes that.

We just decided to put achievements like "Stick with it" in the game for no reason, even though we believed the game to work just fine.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If the reticle is red it should score a hit. (at range / speed values that are negligible) That's kind of what a red reticle means and exactly why it exists in a console FPS.

That isn't happening.

So we have a visual feedback system telling players "shoot now!" but those shots aren't good enough. This is a fundamental flaw.

Just having a red reticle was never enough in H1. You always had to lead your shot in order to land a hit.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Stockholm syndrome.

Halo for many is still that one blood sibling that was more awesome than any of your friends growing up, and even if he fell in with the wrong crowd (343i), is still the beloved brother. You grow to hate what it's become but still give it a chance against your word.

Reality and the nature of man is complicated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That isn't happening.

Boy you would really dislike Halo 1 on Xbox then. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Personally, I'm switching to halo 5 when it comes out, however I know that there are a great amount of players that got MCC solely due to the fact that it has the original game versions on it. Do you think 343 will continue to put work into after the release of halo 5? I'd hate to see the prevailing old style players get betrayed like that.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Personally, I'm switching to halo 5 when it comes out, however I know that there are a great amount of players that got MCC solely due to the fact that it has the original game versions on it. Do you think 343 will continue to put work into after the release of halo 5? I'd hate to see the prevailing old style players get betrayed like that.

I doubt it. 343 is probably more concerned with trying to keep as many Halo players around as possible before Halo 5 drops, rather than actually making sure MCC is fixed.

Just thought I'd remind everyone that were approaching 7 no this and still no ranks in any of the playlists that matter.

Bye

Just thought I'd remind everyone that were approaching 7 no this and still no ranks in any of the playlists that matter.

Bye

What does this even mean?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think he means 7 months from release.. that's my guess.

Jawshe has suffered slight brain damage from getting three shotted so many times, but he's talking about the fact that there's still no ranks almost 7 months in.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That isn't happening.

nah. it means: that's a bad guy.

• Upvote (+1) 4

There are still people out there that believe MS or 343 did not know the game was broke before release?

2ylmxqg.jpg

Come on man....... admit this is a troll post so we can all move on

I think they knew something's were broken, and that obviously some features were not going to be there by launch, I don't think they realized online was going to be in the state that it is, maybe to a certain extent they knew there would be issues.

I agree they knew the game wasn't going to be in the best shape at launch, I just don't think they knew to that extent that it would fail.

Just having a red reticle was never enough in H1. You always had to lead your shot in order to land a hit.

Read the post.

Says at a range and player speed that's negligible - I meant that in terms of leading with a projectile weapon.

Now play MCC and see that you can miss a dude standing still while having a RR. You don't need to lead a shot on someone moving STRAIGHT TOWARDS you.

That's dumb.

Incorrect.

I think they knew something's were broken, and that obviously some features were not going to be there by launch, I don't think they realized online was going to be in the state that it is, maybe to a certain extent they knew there would be issues.

I agree they knew the game wasn't going to be in the best shape at launch, I just don't think they knew to that extent that it would fail.

I can't even imagine that's true... unless of course they forgot to fire up the multiplayer and test that while they were allegedly testing other features of the game.

Uh... I think I quoted the wrong quote. Forum noob. Sorry. Anyway, I was referring to the "they didn't know the online portion of the game" was broken.

shut up u know what he meant

I can't even imagine that's true... unless of course they forgot to fire up the multiplayer and test that while they were allegedly testing other features of the game.

Uh... I think I quoted the wrong quote. Forum noob. Sorry. Anyway, I was referring to the "they didn't know the online portion of the game" was broken.

why, they were never able to test it on a large scale, never able to stress test it with the servers in the office and few devs playing it, sure they would've run into all the other issues like anti aim, but I don't think they would've really been able to understand what state the mp was going to be in at large.

That isn't happening.

I disagree with this. It can mean a variety of things but I don't think just because your cross hair is red it means it should 100% be a hit.  Usually a red cross hair indicates they are within a range where you get an auto-aim boost. I'll much rather take aiming mechanics like CE/Shadowrun rather than H2A's boring and simple aiming mechanics.

I read your new post, and if someone is running towards in a straight line, and you are completely centered on their mass then yes that should be a hit if they're all individual trigger pulls. CE's magnetism allowed you to aim slightly above the head and still land shots. If you're still doing that after the patch then yes you'll miss your shots. I haven't played too much lately though, but it should definitely not go back to the way before where everyone was 3 shotting.

I firmly believe that they didn't care to look into the issues that would happen at launch. Other games do beta's (like Halo 5) and I have no idea what they actually tested in their internal testing, but I also believe they did very little testing at all, or had people testing the game that had no real deep understanding of Halo.

In testing, were the gametypes in rotation mostly BR starts? Not a single xbox was forced to quit the build? They honestly must have not played more than 5 Halo CE games if nobody fell through the maps, took phall damage, or noticed any of the other 100's of minor bugs that seem to be plaguing the game. 

edit: @ to your new post.. why not? Why couldn't they test their game in a large scale manner? I assume because it was a frankenstein of a game created by multiple studios that was rushed out the door for sales. There's no excuse for not testing your game extensively, and I don't pay my xbox live subscription to be a guinea pig for 343's incompetency. Say they did test large scale and found this stuff before launch.. It's now 7 months in and it's still fucked to a point where I'm convinced they won't be able to fix it and just give up. 

why, they were never able to test it on a large scale, never able to stress test it with the servers in the office and few devs playing it.

yes, they were able to and it didnt work then. The earliest public knowing was a full month before launch. And please, even the lowest tiers of devs do outside office testing. And if 343 didnt that just means theyre just as incompetent as they have led on

Read the post.

Says at a range and player speed that's negligible - I meant that in terms of leading with a projectile weapon.

Now play MCC and see that you can miss a dude standing still while having a RR. You don't need to lead a shot on someone moving STRAIGHT TOWARDS you.

That's dumb.

Nope.

It's a bit difficult to see, but a red reticle does not necessarily equal a hit in Halo 1.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I disagree with this. It can mean a variety of things but I don't think just because your cross hair is red it means it should 100% be a hit. Usually a red cross hair indicates they are within a range where you get an auto-aim boost. I'll much rather take aiming mechanics like CE/Shadowrun rather than H2A's boring and simple aiming mechanics.

I read your new post, and if someone is running towards in a straight line, and you are completely centered on their mass then yes that should be a hit if they're all individual trigger pulls. CE's magnetism allowed you to aim slightly above the head and still land shots. If you're still doing that after the patch then yes you'll miss your shots. I haven't played too much lately though, but it should definitely not go back to the way before where everyone was 3 shotting.

I firmly believe that they didn't care to look into the issues that would happen at launch. Other games do beta's (like Halo 5) and I have no idea what they actually tested in their internal testing, but I also believe they did very little testing at all, or had people testing the game that had no real deep understanding of Halo.

In testing, were the gametypes in rotation mostly BR starts? Not a single xbox was forced to quit the build? They honestly must have not played more than 5 Halo CE games if nobody fell through the maps, took phall damage, or noticed any of the other 100's of minor bugs that seem to be plaguing the game.

edit: @ to your new post.. why not? Why couldn't they test their game in a large scale manner? I assume because it was a frankenstein of a game created by multiple studios that was rushed out the door for sales. There's no excuse for not testing your game extensively, and I don't pay my xbox live subscription to be a guinea pig for 343's incompetency. Say they did test large scale and found this stuff before launch.. It's now 7 months in and it's still fucked to a point where I'm convinced they won't be able to fix it and just give up.

i have no doubt they ran into many issues like that when they were making it, I'm not saying 343 isn't to blame for mcc being shit, they obviously fucked up in more ways then one, I just doubt that they knew or intend that for it fail this hard, whether they could do the proper tests is irrelevant, they Obviously didn't do them, hence why they likely didn't suspect such a crash. I'll reiterate, why would an established (as in they've been in the industry for a while) company(ms) put out a title they knew was broken for sales, when the state the game was in would basically destroy any foothold it would have on the Xbox? After they spent probably a lot of money on it already?

Also, legit question, do we know specifically what 343 did on mcc? I mean the game was mostly outsourced, and I've read that all 343 worked on was ui and things like that, what else did they do?