CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

"Improved handling of dedicated servers" I hope this means we get dedicated servers a lot more. Also I've been stuck at 1% on the download for an hour. Is there a way to cancel the update and retry it without deleting mcc off my xbone?

Try pausing it and resuming it, worked for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox One) - Dancing Beamish Easter Egg

Balling Beamish will never be as good as Movin' Marty.

(and fuck that too. go make your own shit in your own games 343i. don't touch Bungie's easter eggs)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

(and fuck that too. go make your own shit in your own games 343i. don't touch Bungie's easter eggs)

Or you know, they want to avoid legal issues. Frankie already confirmed that's why they replaced the Destiny Easter Egg

Or you know, they want to avoid legal issues. Frankie already confirmed that's why they replaced the Destiny Easter Egg

Marty isn't a legal issue.

Actually...

Yeah. He was. Lmao. I wonder if we'll ever know what truly happened?

Actually...

Bungie didn't want to pay him, so he left.

Bullet magnetism is completely off in h1. No matter the proximity of an enemy to your reticle, the bullet hits in the center. That's why people are having such trouble.

You can't aim above their head anymore with the pistol like people are accustomed to, etc. Someone good at the twitters inform the 343s

• Upvote (+1) 4

Bungie didn't want to pay him, so he left.

I read that he was fired without cause and sued them and won.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The pistol being harder to use is good in my opinion I hope they don't change it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Actually...

Not really sure how leaving Marty in a port would be a legal issue.  They left Jason Jones in the other games.

Bullet magnetism is completely off in h1. No matter the proximity of an enemy to your reticle, the bullet hits in the center. That's why people are having such trouble.

You can't aim above their head anymore with the pistol like people are accustomed to, etc. Someone good at the twitters inform the 343s

It's obviously different, but is it worse?  That sounds like a good change to me.  Haven't tried it yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's obviously different, but is it worse? That sounds like a good change to me. Haven't tried it yet.

You're changing a core mechanic of shooting. The way people have learned to shoot over the last 14 years is entirely based on the bullets bending toward the enemy. The reason you can 3 shot across hang em is due to magnetism... not that it was ever easy.

You can open a split screen game and just fire at a stationary enemy and see that the game is completely changed. I'd be okay with that for a new halo game, but not what is supposed to be a faithful recreation of h1.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You're changing a core mechanic of shooting. The way people have learned to shoot over the last 14 years is entirely based on the bullets bending toward the enemy. The reason you can 3 shot across hang em is due to magnetism... not that it was ever easy.

You can open a split screen game and just fire at a stationary enemy and see that the game is completely changed. I'd be okay with that for a new halo game, but not what is supposed to be a faithful recreation of h1.

ce originally didn't have magnetism though right? The gun was just very accurate

It crawled it's way to 3%.

How long did this take for everyone else to download?

About half an hour, but about ten minutes around the 92% mark.

I heard the UK has had issues installing this game, what gives?

The H1 pistol in MCC right now makes the H3 BR look like the best Utility weapon in Halo history

• Upvote (+1) 3

WOW.......can't wait to play H:CE after watching that video. It's a good thing H:CE has been getting worse the last few patches. It's also a good thing that we will have to wait another month in hopes that 343i will "fix" the pistol.

They should have just left the shooting mechanics how they were several patches ago, if they are incapable of creating the feel of the OG pistol. I want to know who at 343i tests the changes that these patches have made to H:CE, because the game looks horrible right now. I cannot believe that person like Ghost or even Bravo would sign off on these types of changes.

The H1 pistol in MCC right now makes the H3 BR look like the best Utility weapon in Halo history

the difference being the h3 br is not very accurate, and the pistol being very accurate, it's just that nothing is making up for missed shots.

->be 343
->read on forums people want shooting to be harder
->remove bullet magnetism from Halo CE which worked perfectly fine to make the MCC even worse
-> "We listened to you and you guys are still bitching"

Seriously, how do they manage to constantly fuck up this bad?

• Upvote (+1) 2

ce originally didn't have magnetism though right? The gun was just very accurate

3thingsh1:

ignore the terminology switch, people called them differently 10 years ago

giphy.gif

How 343 feels about the Pistol after the update.

I'm honestly not having a huge problem with this change, I would rather they make the gun have no spread and no magnetism, the problem is that the removed something without compensating for the lack of that thing. It was a total afterthought.