CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I expect to hear some boo-ing from the crowd

Not a chance. These are media events, usually filled with bought-and-paid-for bloggers. You don't get a free review copy of the game if you boo.

I know, I'm becoming a complete cynic - but the gaming media is absolutely terrible. It's hard to make money as a gaming journalist if you aren't writing promotional pieces for upcoming games and are performing actual journalism.

• Upvote (+1) 6

They'll probably just do something similar to Halo 4's announcement - just go straight into gameplay without any warning.

I think they'll say something about MCC. Halo 5 will be the main presentation obviously, but I think they'll at least say something such as DLC coming available or whatever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think they'll say something about MCC. Halo 5 will be the main presentation obviously, but I think they'll at least say something such as DLC coming available or whatever.

I imagine if ODST doesn't come out in May they might announce it's available to download "Right now!" during the conference. If they do that I could imagine them making it free for everyone who has played the game before E3.

I feel bad for anyone who thinks they'll even mention MCC at E3.

A Reach announcement (including multiplayer) or a H2A map pack with 3 maps isn't too far fetched. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Question for you guys. I've been playing Team Hardcore a little more frequently and noticed something I don't remember from the original. It seems I die by one grenade when I have full health pretty frequently. Has this always been the case, or is this something that only happens in MCC?

What type of nade? One plasma can kill you if you are very close to it. Also, one frag can kill you if it is thrown by someone using the objective glitch meaning they drop the flag, oddball, bomb, etc. then throw a nade and pick the objective back up (makes grenades do more damage).

I imagine if ODST doesn't come out in May they might announce it's available to download "Right now!" during the conference. If they do that I could imagine them making it free for everyone who has played the game before E3.

I have the strongest feeling it won't be here until June. Not that I care that much about it but I'm almost positive it won't be here until then. However, I don't think they'll renege on the "Free for those who played before (what was the date again? December something? I can't even remember)". Microsoft and their money is something they will not give up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That would be the most upsetting part of the entire MCC situation. Especially with it being bundled in with consoles, and getting a price drop in general.

I feel like I deserve something for having such a broken game, and having to buy it and the Bone separate.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not a chance. These are media events, usually filled with bought-and-paid-for bloggers. You don't get a free review copy of the game if you boo.

I know, I'm becoming a complete cynic - but the gaming media is absolutely terrible. It's hard to make money as a gaming journalist if you aren't writing promotional pieces for upcoming games and are performing actual journalism.

Can back this up regarding esports journalism as well, hell just look at what happened with Richard Lewis and /r/leagueoflegends.  The moderators launched a personal vendetta against the guy and literally banned all of his content from the subreddit (which effectively neuters his reach, since /r/leagueoflegends is the primary method of propagating content for the LoL community).

However, as someone who does game reviews for one of the larger review sites (CBSi / GameSpot), I can assure you there's no illuminati conspiracy to make us write only positive reviews of major games.  I have complete freedom in my review of Heroes of the Storm coming up next week, but it will be positive because the GAME IS GOOD, not because Blizzard would have any power to blacklist me if I gave it a bad review.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can back this up regarding esports journalism as well, hell just look at what happened with Richard Lewis and /r/leagueoflegends.  The moderators launched a personal vendetta against the guy and literally banned all of his content from the subreddit (which effectively neuters his reach, since /r/leagueoflegends is the primary method of propagating content for the LoL community).

However, as someone who does game reviews for one of the larger review sites (CBSi / GameSpot), I can assure you there's no illuminati conspiracy to make us write only positive reviews of major games.  I have complete freedom in my review of Heroes of the Storm coming up next week, but it will be positive because the GAME IS GOOD, not because Blizzard would have any power to blacklist me if I gave it a bad review.

Sure, but there's definitely a conflict of interest for most gaming news outlets - their biggest advertisers are game publishers, and no publisher wants to run ads on a site that is, even fairly, trashing their upcoming release. Therefore, the decision for the blog is simple - either run the story and give the game a bad review, or turn down a direct advertisement sale and the revenue that comes with it.

It's not a conspiracy - it's just a very clear conflict of interest.

• Upvote (+1) 4

question

My game used to be like around 60GB. I uninstalled my game  a while back. and after i reinstalled it, the patch was was only like 17GB and the total game is like 45GB now. Anyone know why this is?

question

My game used to be like around 60GB. I uninstalled my game  a while back. and after i reinstalled it, the patch was was only like 17GB and the total game is like 45GB now. Anyone know why this is?

Day one patch was 15GB. Base game was around 45GB. 

Guys I need some help. I convinced a couple of my friends to get MCC because of how cheap it was on Amazon. One of them has never really played Halo. I want to make him good at CE, 2, 2A and 3. What would be the best way to teach him?

Thanks in advance.

Guys I need some help. I convinced a couple of my friends to get MCC because of how cheap it was on Amazon. One of them has never really played Halo. I want to make him good at CE, 2, 2A and 3. What would be the best way to teach him?

Thanks in advance.

Run through campaign. It'll teach the core mechanics in a no pressure environment.

Otherwise just practice.

So no May update in May is what it's looking like. Classic 343

wasnt that the case with the febuary update too?

got delayed into early march i think

That overabundance of supply has not gone unnoticed, either. It's also shifted the content toward cheaper, easier-to-produce stories.

If someone told me back in November that MCC would still have no ranks and serious issues in May, and that I'd be waiting for a May update that started looking more like a June update, I would have puked all over their face.

Seriously.

What the fuck is happening.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I would have puked all over their face.

On the plus side, that would be the last time someone told you bad news.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Take 6 years to invite someone because this console is shit, then finally find a game and it freezes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yep, update will definitely be in June now. They usually announce that an update has gone in for certification, which they haven't done yet. Certification doesn't go through on weekends. So we're looking at Monday the earliest unless they didn't feel like announcing it's going through certification this time round (unlikely), in which case we MIGHT get it tomorrow.

A Reach announcement (including multiplayer) or a H2A map pack with 3 maps isn't too far fetched. 

Everybody who bought MCC will get the first H5 DLC for free.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everybody who bought MCC will get the first H5 DLC for free.  :lxthul:

If it's map DLC, it should be free regardless :(

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yep, update will definitely be in June now. They usually announce that an update has gone in for certification, which they haven't done yet. Certification doesn't go through on weekends. So we're looking at Monday the earliest unless they didn't feel like announcing it's going through certification this time round (unlikely), in which case we MIGHT get it tomorrow.

They dropped a patch on a Sunday during a HCS cup. That's simply not true.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it's map DLC, it should be free regardless :(

They will do that championship bundle(or w/e it was called) DLC they did for Halo 4 as the first H5 DLC without any maps.  :kappa:

They dropped a patch on a Sunday during a HCS cup. That's simply not true.

Dont get our hopes up man.