CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

radar alone is why the TS playlist is trash to me. I don't understand why Halo devs don't fully adopt no radar. It's not fun having to hold crouch to move around maps, intricate ones, because of a blip that tells the opponent exactly where you are....shit is so lame. I'm glad they ae gonna make the rest of the CE gametypes outside of doubles without radar, they need to go ahead and do it for all of matchmaking.

Salute to you radar watchers grinding for ranks because not even a number next to my name could make me enjoy that shit

Because a large majority of people prefer radar. Or at least think they do. It's a crutch they rely on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because a large majority of people prefer radar. Or at least think they do. It's a crutch they rely on.

literally the same reason why people like AR starts.

People can't aim worth a damn so they prefer an AR where that's not a problem.

Most people are bad at games.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just your weekly reminder that SMG and AR starts are still a thing in 2015 and people will happily debate that SMG/AR starts are good.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't know why I even bother playing the TS playlist while it's still ranked. I can never give people their proper rank by making them play a game that takes skill.

I work with a guy who is a big fan of the Halo games but he is someone who thinks that AR's/Radar/AA's etc... take more skill than the MLG/HCS type settings.

It's pretty interesting to have discussions about it with him.  He honestly believes that Radar is a camping deterrent, but the only argument he can make is that when he plays without radar he doesnt know where the other team is off spawn, so when he blindly runs into a room and gets killed from behind it's because they were camping.  Whats even better is that he is the kind of player who crouches with a shotgun/sword and just waits until an enemy pops up on radar and walks past him.

It blows my mind how anyone can think like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree to an extent.

The only reason I rather play it on MCC is because of the jump from 30 the 60 fps.

Idk how I ever played Halo on 30 fps. I literally can't play it on the 360 anymore because of that single factor. 

It may be because I have yet to play a game with good registration but I prefer the 30 fps games so far.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It may be because I have yet to play a game with good registration but I prefer the 30 fps games so far.

H3 is the biggest offender, and it makes me sad. My son who is just getting into Halo absolutely hates H3 because of it. I had to fire up the old 360 to show him that once upon a time, H3 was a great game! Personally, I really like H2c with the 60 fps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just your weekly reminder that SMG and AR starts are still a thing in 2015 and people will happily debate that SMG/AR starts are good.

Veto for H1 is the new matchmaking slogan. 

I work with a guy who is a big fan of the Halo games but he is someone who thinks that AR's/Radar/AA's etc... take more skill than the MLG/HCS type settings.

It's pretty interesting to have discussions about it with him.  He honestly believes that Radar is a camping deterrent, but the only argument he can make is that when he plays without radar he doesnt know where the other team is off spawn, so when he blindly runs into a room and gets killed from behind it's because they were camping.  Whats even better is that he is the kind of player who crouches with a shotgun/sword and just waits until an enemy pops up on radar and walks past him.

It blows my mind how anyone can think like that.

Hiding around corners with shotgun gets me so mad every time. :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1

so an update is supposed to come out by the end of may and then sometime in the next few weeks, ranks will finally be implemented in hardcore?

I'd say it belongs in some gametypes and not in others.

24/7 Sprint-Melee-Beatdown FFA's in Halo 4...

so an update is supposed to come out by the end of may and then sometime in the next few weeks, ranks will finally be implemented in hardcore?

Yes.

You can say the same about SMG starts on any map in Halo 2. 

I don't even classify that as a game. Being literally unable to shoot back is worse than having your bullets spread.

My friends and I usually enjoy radar gameplay. Its definitely a different experience; flanks that were effective in no-radar no longer work, and gameplay changes accordingly. Fun to play a different dynamic from no-radar.

Also, playing no-radar means you must be calling out incessantly to make up for the lack of information. When you are looking for some moderately competitive halo games with friends, this can be too annoying.

Hiding around corners with shotgun gets me so mad every time. :wutface:

Those people are the worst especially the ones who like to crouch in the corner of bases in objective gametypes like CTF which is why I've always felt there shouldn't be shotguns in objective gametypes.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

so update to be expected on the 29th? :)

actually am looking forward to the ODST integration, havent touched the MCC since a month or so

the only thing less exciting than getting half of odst is getting a remake of relic

Out of all the maps, they choose relic..why god

• Upvote (+1) 1