CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Will post at the waypoint forums as well...

Slap me twice and call me Shirley.

I went into Forge and then a custom game on Halo 3, 4 and H2A. Then I went into theater. Hit "y" a couple of times after the game truely starts and VOILA! Detached camera on all three!

Now fix switching teams and joining custom games and 343i is ALMOST off my list. You know which list.

EDIT: Moa, did you rattle some cages? Because this honestly never worked for me before today. Machinema creators rejoice!

Someone was telling me OG H2 times were different from Vista weapon times, I don't think there different can anyone can confirm there the same?

Never played Vista but the times on MCC are the same as OG H2 at least in Hardcore (which is double time) but that shouldn't make a difference.

Thats clearly not the case, EU to US is 100ms constant or 150ms constant if they are west-coast US, when i ping AUS players from Europe i get pings of 200-350ms jumping ping, thats a huge difference as the lead changes in CE each second unlike on a constant ping

Thats not how it works on long distances, you forget lag compensation

You connect as a 300 ping person to a US lobby, every player then gets from the host a penalty to make the game enjoyable and fair for the 300 ping person

Why else do you think your 360 Halo games as an AUS played so butter smooth on 300ms?

Every other player has a huge penalty and experience downgrade

On MCC 343i decides to stop high ping lag compensation by not allowing AUS to play with US and vice versa, which imo is the right way and one of the few good decisions 343i made yet doesnt get much approval

If i think back to 360 Halo, there has been SO MUCH lag randomness in the games, something i havent seen on the MCC yet or maybe only once

I never recall Halo ever having lag compensation, H3 is a bad example simple because of the inconsistent net code with packets just disappearing or not registering which happened even on good connection.

I never recall Halo ever having lag compensation

He doesn't mean "lag compensation" in the way that CoD players use the term to describe shitty net code. Lag compensation is used in all online games (besides people using XBC or other LAN-simulation software).

Anyone else love HeH on OG but can't stand it on MCC? My pistol doesn't do shit at long range in this game with my shitty Internet connection

I never recall Halo ever having lag compensation, H3 is a bad example simple because of the inconsistent net code with packets just disappearing or not registering which happened even on good connection.

Almost all online games have lag compensation lol...

Should we be getting a community update today on the status of future MCC updates, ODST and Relic?

They don't usually come until late at night.

He doesn't mean "lag compensation" in the way that CoD players use the term to describe shitty net code. Lag compensation is used in all online games (besides people using XBC or other LAN-simulation software).

Lag compensation is also used in a LAN environment(post 1993 that is). 

One of the most prolific lag compensation methods that every game uses is client side interpolation, meaning it interpolates the object from it's previous to new position. Otherwise we'd just see players skipping small distances all the time.

And then we have client side prediction; everytime you see somebody do something, then not do it, it's a bad case of client side predicition.

Lag compensation is also used in a LAN environment(post 1993 that is). 

One of the most prolific lag compensation methods that every game uses is client side interpolation, meaning it interpolates the object from it's previous to new position. Otherwise we'd just see players skipping small distances all the time.

And then we have client side prediction; everytime you see somebody do something, then not do it, it's a bad case of client side predicition.

Is this why Minecraft multiplayer almost-always looks laggy as hell?

So:

1) No file share system

2) 50 item limit

3) No after-match lobbies

4) Custom games are borked if more than 8 people

5) Forge maps can't be played if greater than 450 items

6) You can't have people join a custom game that started.

7) No detachable camera in theatre-so no sweet bullet-time montage videos.

Not big deals, just annoying details? It's barking GAME BREAKING for me! I'd tell you where to go, but you are already on the bad opinion train.

Actually - this is your mother.

Go to your room.

uhhh yeah.  

I'm sorry those are game breaking for you, i honestly am.  And no i'm not being snarky about that.

But for me, NONE of those are that big of a deal. And i have played customs with more than 8 people without a problem though only 10 or 12.  But it was on a large forge map with no issues.  

The only thing on that list that resonates with me is #6.  Not being able to start a FFA while waiting for people to join is annoying.  But that's it, its annoying, not game breaking.

And no, i will not go to my room haha

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Anyone decent wanna play some H1 this weekend? All of my Halo friends are busy, my fiance is out of town, and I have a 3 day weekend to do nothin but play Halo. I have literally never played with anyone that knows what a random is so it should be a good learning experience for me :|

Is this why Minecraft multiplayer almost-always looks laggy as hell?

Believe me, minecraft got much bigger problems than just it's netcode(and it's not even a voxel game).

Anyone decent wanna play some H1 this weekend? All of my Halo friends are busy, my fiance is out of town, and I have a 3 day weekend to do nothin but play Halo. I have literally never played with anyone that knows what a random is so it should be a good learning experience for me :|

Let's play ;)

I could play

Let's play ;)

What's up dude didn't know you were still around... probably been 8 years since I talked to you 

GT: "Vinny Mendoza" down to play this weekend.

And we could do customs too as I run with Batchford often and you could get fil4.