CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Yes, this I know.  However, my post was focused on the pattern of thinking that was being brought up by the person I was replying to.  This is why I focused on the A/B Team logic.  If you think I honestly believe that there is a Varsity and JV at 343, then I dont know what to tell you.  Sorry you found my post so crazy you felt the need to neg it.    Cheers brosef! (343 sucks)

Just skimmed through the post, never really saw what you replied to, so, here, have an upvote.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just had a game start with no one else in the match but me, BUT I could still hear the guy I was partied up with

Just had a game start with no one else in the match but me, BUT I could still hear the guy I was partied up with

Had a game which started with only me and a guy on the other team, after a while, everybody were in the game though.

There's no A-team or B-team in game development.

Yes, this I know.  However, my post was focused on the pattern of thinking that was being brought up by the person I was replying to.  This is why I focused on the A/B Team logic.  If you think I honestly believe that there is a Varsity and JV at 343, then I dont know what to tell you.  Sorry you found my post so crazy you felt the need to neg it.    Cheers brosef! (343 sucks)

Respectfully, I'm going to disagree with both of you.  Every organization has certain resources that consistently perform better than their peers.  In my experience, the high performing resources are the ones that are placed on the time sensitive, high visibility, and/or more complex projects as they have the bandwidth and skill to support.  For 343, that project was not MCC.

As I see it, the game is still in a poor condition because of the following, both of which point to this being the "B" team:

• The MCC team is not skilled enough to fix the game in a timely manner
    • This has been shown by 343 contracting a third party to perform the March patch to Splash Damage (and who knows what other ones)
    • They have consistently introduced new defects into the game, or claimed to fix defects that were not actually fixed
  • There are not enough resources on the MCC team to fix the game
    • The game itself was cobbled together with silly putty and band-aids from 5+ companies
    • IIRC, they outsourced testers for one of their patches
    • The frequency of the patches has consistently decreased over time. They've gone from multiple per week, to weekly, to monthly.  This indicates to me they've diverted resources to another project
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh not one bit - MCC is prob getting 10% of their attention. What I really think, is that they are waiting out the clock, and once H5 comes along, some people are going to get their pink slips and we will be left with what we have.

I can see that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

<p>

Respectfully, I'm going to disagree with both of you. Every organization has certain resources that consistently perform better than their peers. In my experience, the high performing resources are the ones that are placed on the time sensitive, high visibility, and/or more complex projects as they have the bandwidth and skill to support. For 343, that project was not MCC.

As I see it, the game is still in a poor condition because of the following, both of which point to this being the "B" team:

• This has been shown by 343 contracting a third party to perform the March patch to Splash Damage (and who knows what other ones)
    • They have consistently introduced new defects into the game, or claimed to fix defects that were not actually fixed
    • The game itself was cobbled together with silly putty and band-aids from 5+ companies
    • The frequency of the patches has consistently decreased over time. They've gone from multiple per week, to weekly, to monthly. This indicates to me they've diverted resources to another project

I respectfully disagree with you.. You could put the A team on MCC and it would not change a thing. It is literally legacy code that they have to learn not to break. That and they hate the classic halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anyone else out there that has never played Halo campaign for more than like an hour total throughout all the Halo games? And for many game with multiplayer for that matter? Can't be the only one.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I kinda feel bad.

I really miss playing Halo, but I have no reason or urge to play MCC at this time. The way that 343I has set up MM in this game is just awful, and I have no desire to play it except for the Campaign run.

Destiny expansion 2 :House of Wolves comes out tomorrow, and it looks like Bungie is actually listening to fan feedback for it.

For the most part, that is where I will be until H5 at the rate 343I is going with MCC.

Anyone else out there that has never played Halo campaign for more than like an hour total throughout all the Halo games? And for many game with multiplayer for that matter? Can't be the only one.

As the Halo legacy is every bit story/music/campaign driven as it is multiplayer, I find this practice to be extremely shallow. Especially with the astounding campaign quality of the original trilogy + ODST. Never knew how people could call themselves halo fans and not invest time beating the story.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Respectfully, I'm going to disagree with both of you.  Every organization has certain resources that consistently perform better than their peers.  In my experience, the high performing resources are the ones that are placed on the time sensitive, high visibility, and/or more complex projects as they have the bandwidth and skill to support.  For 343, that project was not MCC.

• The frequency of the patches has consistently decreased over time. They've gone from multiple per week, to weekly, to monthly.  This indicates to me they've diverted resources to another project

What I think is funny is, that the people over the internet hate EA/Ubisoft for pushing unfinished games but noone cares about MS and all your "hate" is focued on 343...

After H4, I think 343 is under a lot of preasure with H5G, Sony kinda choked this year (no noteworthy exclusive coming out this year as far as I know) and MS has to deliver, they can not dare to not ship a great Halo game at the end of this year ( sadly great for puplic does not equal being great for us as well, I think H5G will be fairly succesfull even if most oldschool fans won't like the MP)

This is not about a "bunch" of hardcore Halofans anymore, for MS (the one giving 343 the resources to work with) this is about "regaining some ground in the 'console-war' " and sadly this is what console gaming is all about at the time...

Let's just try to see it from another angle, did 343 really divert resources from MCC to H5G after some time or did MS just stop giving out as many contracts to other devs to help out? Or did 343 even divert people from H5G to MCC after it's screwd up release until it's semi-playble and than they had to go back working on H5G again so they do not fail any agreements/contracts with MS about delivering H5G on time?

And you keep forgetting that MCC was outsourced...343 did almost nothing and now they have to fix what others screwed up while staying on schedule with H5G, they need to have diffrent studios working on the patches...

The only thing 343 is fully responsible for is the shitty communication...broken MCC is on 343, MS and any other studio that screwed up things during development...

Edit: not trying to whitewash  or protect 343 here, I just don't think putting all the blame on just one part of the problem will help us here...

• Downvote (-1) 2

What I think is funny is, that the people over the internet hate EA/Ubisoft for pushing unfinished games but noone cares about MS and all your "hate" is focued on 343...

After H4, I think 343 is under a lot of preasure with H5G, Sony kinda choked this year (no noteworthy exclusive coming out this year as far as I know) and MS has to deliver, they can not dare to not ship a great Halo game at the end of this year ( sadly great for puplic does not equal being great for us as well, I think H5G will be fairly succesfull even if most oldschool fans won't like the MP)

This is not about a "bunch" of hardcore Halofans anymore, for MS (the one giving 343 the resources to work with) this is about "regaining some ground in the 'console-war' " and sadly this is what console gaming is all about at the time...

Let's just try to see it from another angle, did 343 really divert resources from MCC to H5G after some time or did MS just stop giving out as many contracts to other devs to help out? Or did 343 even divert people from H5G to MCC after it's screwd up release until it's semi-playble and than they had to go back working on H5G again so they do not fail any agreements/contracts with MS about delivering H5G on time?

And you keep forgetting that MCC was outsourced...343 did almost nothing and now they have to fix what others screwed up while staying on schedule with H5G, they need to have diffrent studios working on the patches...

The only thing 343 is fully responsible for is the shitty communication...broken MCC is on 343, MS and any other studio that screwed up things during development...

Edit: not trying to whitewash or protect 343 here, I just don't think putting all the blame on just one part of the problem will help us here...

Look it is simple. 343 has abandoned MCC and has no intentions to deliver as advertised. You can never give them shelter from that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If I could have any one thing added to the MCC, it would be Halo 3's playlist XP system. That would give me the reason I need to play, and would give kids the reason they need to not quit. That simple thing would send my time played in this game into the stratosphere.

Exactly, me and some mates were discussing how Halo 3's EXP system made it so much more addicting, gave you more reason to play and as you said stops people from quitting. This (from a non gameplay perspective) is the one thing I've really wanted to return since Reach came out and even more so with MCC.

I've asked about it a few times on Twitter, but never got a response.

Id also like stats for each weapon to get tracked, the stats are very basic in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

MCC made me hate Halo.

I haven't quite reached the point of Hating it yet, as I am excited for H5, but I kinda know how you feel.

Every time I think about getting on to play MCC, I think to myself, what's the point?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I respectfully disagree with you.. You could put the A team on MCC and it would not change a thing. It is literally legacy code that they have to learn not to break. That and they hate the classic halo.

Did they say after launch they brought in some people, and they were working around the clock?

Just goes to show that 343 even with "all hands on deck" - are incompetent. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I could have any one thing added to the MCC, it would be Halo 3's playlist XP system.  That would give me the reason I need to play, and would give kids the reason they need to not quit.  That simple thing would send my time played in this game into the stratosphere.

God forbid we add anything like that, because some imaginary person somewhere else might like it better if we do this other ******** thing.

Honestly, I'm actually surprised no one has brought a class-action against MS at this point.

Does anyone ever talk about the absolutely fucked up melees in MCC H2C? 75% of my attempted melees are lunges without an actual melee. In certain situations I can replicate it 100% of the time (example: ninjaing someone doesn't work)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are there no fucking death yells in H2A?!?!?!? @@Sal1ent Halo mp is so weird without it, wtf

I hope you know he had nothing to do with H2A. 

Tweet Certain Affinity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I've been out of the loop for nearly a month and a half playing a much better and more relevant game in MKX. Is this game actually good/not broken yet and worth playing? Relic/ODST out yet?

So I've been out of the loop for nearly a month and a half playing a much better and more relevant game in MKX. Is this game actually good/not broken yet and worth playing? Relic/ODST out yet?

Relic and ODST aren't out yet and as for the MCC I wouldn't know.