CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I love Halo but some days I just wish it was discontinued and allowed to rest in peace. I can't see myself playing Halo 6, 7, or whatever is coming after 5. I'm ready to fall in love with a new arena shooter.

343 would have been far more sucessful creating their own game rather than taking over an old one.

I hate to say it, but Halo is just getting old. Any one else feel this way?

I dont know how much of "Halo" actually exists with the new games. I am looking forward to UT4, Bluestreak, and Overwatch myself(only because Blizzard always delivers). I have a low tolerance for shit first person shooters and dont like 95 percent of current ones.

OK WTF.

I just played an h1 2v2, my partner didn't spawn in for 1 minute. THEN. mid way through the game his mic sounds start coming through my screen. This is a random partner, I'm playing solo.

I'm not even wearing a mic, don't see any notification about someone joining a party. I just start hearing fat breathing and sighs when he dies.

What the fuck is this game? Did I miss something? Can you talk to random partners somehow?

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Meanwhile in the Team Slayer playlist

xboxdvr.com/Jake+Teh+Nub/0d37a8e7-633f-400b-a7cc-3cd9bbc9d800

sigh....

I dont know how much of "Halo" actually exists with the new games. I am looking forward to UT4, Bluestreak, and Overwatch myself(only because Blizzard always delivers). I have a low tolerance for shit first person shooters and dont like 95 percent of current ones.

There are too many good titles and not enough free hours in a week to waste your time on the mediocre/derivative games.

As of the beta, H5 isn't in that category for me personally. But sprint, smart-scope, etc are some massive steps toward it. Knowing that those mechanics are basically locked in as the norm for future Halo games makes me...uncomfortable.

UT looks sick though. Hard to feel sad about the state of shooters when a refreshed UT scene is on the horizon.

OK WTF.

I just played an h1 2v2, my partner didn't spawn in for 1 minute. THEN. mid way through the game his mic sounds start coming through my screen. This is a random partner, I'm playing solo.

I'm not even wearing a mic, don't see any notification about someone joining a party. I just start hearing fat breathing and sighs when he dies.

What the fuck is this game? Did I miss something? Can you talk to random partners somehow?

If you're not in a party then yes you will hear teammates if they have a mic plugged in. It's always been that way. It's game chat. Did you play halo 2 online back in the day? Exact same as that.

If you're not in a party then yes you will hear teammates if they have a mic plugged in. It's always been that way. It's game chat. Did you play halo 2 online back in the day? Exact same as that.

I have never, ever, EVER heard a single person before that moment. I honestly thought it wasn't in mcc. Could that be a problem on my end? My mind is blown

mid way through the game his mic sounds start coming through my screen.

I didn't even think this was possible. 

I didn't even think this was possible.

Is this a joke about how ppl don't communicate? Cuz I'm honestly very confused lol

Is this a joke about how ppl don't communicate? Cuz I'm honestly very confused lol

My understanding of that statement was that his mic audio was coming through your TV?

My understanding of that statement was that his mic audio was coming through your TV?

Yes. no headset plugged in whatsoever

Yes. no headset plugged in whatsoever

Yeah, I thought that was literally impossible to make happen on the XB1. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

OK WTF.

Sometimes you'll get stuck in the map loading screen for a couple minutes, then spawn in the game late (2 minutes max). It's normal to hear teammates through your speakers if you don't have your mic plugged in.

Sometimes you'll get stuck in the map loading screen for a couple minutes, then spawn in the game late (2 minutes max). It's normal to hear teammates through your speakers if you don't have your mic plugged in.

Yeah we only just lost to you guys on CO by 100 because I 2mins spawned late  :kappa:

Yeah, I thought that was literally impossible to make happen on the XB1.

If you don't have a mic plugged in any voice chat audio comes through your speakers. As it always has done.

I'm actually hearing loads of people on mic recently, it's kinds refreshing to hear people calling out etc

What you can't do anymore is force voice chat to come through the speakers even with a mic plugged in.

I have never, ever, EVER heard a single person before that moment. I honestly thought it wasn't in mcc. Could that be a problem on my end? My mind is blown

Same thing happened to me today. Except I was hearing the other team calling everything they were doing and when they saw me. Many backsmacks were had.

Really took me back to proximity chat in H2 and the Reach beta. Nothing funnier than camping your ass off on Swordbase while talking shit to the other team. The best was sitting at the top of the lift with a shotgun and calling out one shots to people below the lift in weird accents like I'm on their team to trick them into going up the lift. Yes I am an asshole... or maybe a sociopath.  Lol okay I'm done

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't understand how the Australia issue hasn't been a main priority. Every time I search (almost never now since its a waste of time) a playlist other than TS I just get nothing.

And since there's no player counter, I can't just see its a lack of players, it has to be something else. From my experiences with reach and h3, even of there's 10's of players you can still find a match, and since this game was bundled with a fuckload of xbox ones I struggle to believe TS is the only thing people play.

And so much for advertising dedicated servers, ive never once in 6 months had a game on them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't understand the reasoning why there isn't one. Even playlist xp would suffice.

Indeed, I loved playlist EXP. No idea why they would take it out of the series. Adds a lot of longevity for me.

I don't understand how the Australia issue hasn't been a main priority. Every time I search (almost never now since its a waste of time) a playlist other than TS I just get nothing.

And since there's no player counter, I can't just see its a lack of players, it has to be something else. From my experiences with reach and h3, even of there's 10's of players you can still find a match, and since this game was bundled with a fuckload of xbox ones I struggle to believe TS is the only thing people play.

And so much for advertising dedicated servers, ive never once in 6 months had a game on them.

Aus/NZ/Jap and all the other Oceania regions match together it's a pretty big community that's gotten the shaft the worst out of everyone. Pretty dissapointing

• Upvote (+1) 1

It is not a problem on your end. Hearing your teammates in game chat has always been a thing in MCC, but until recently it has been broken and would only work once in a blue moon. One of the newest updates has made game chat much more consistent. There probably aren't many players that are aware that game chat has been fixed yet, so often times when you play matchmaking your teammates will be in a party chat with their friends or have their mic unplugged.

I'd guess your HCE match was your host or a very good host and not dedis.

you are prob right

Anyone else having an issue where every clip they record on Xbox stutters? Its never smooth theres always a stutter even when I let the whole thing load and watch it or when I turn it into a gif