CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Not just directed at you as I have seen people saying this a lot but why not just zoom in when negging and plusing if it bothers you?

You cant zoom in or out on the mobile site on some phones. I cant (HTC).

• Upvote (+1) 1

There shouldn't be cross game playlists. The idea was always ********.

Honestly they should have added matchmaking filters, like in h3/Reach you could choose

• [ ] good connection
  • [ ]close skill
  • [ ] my language

They should have added:

• [ ] H1
  • [ ] H2C
  • [ ] H2A
  • [ ] H3
  • [ ] H4

To the multi game playlists. Yes it would decrease the amout of players available, but it's a better solution that forcing people to play games they don't like, which results in rampant quitting.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Its annoying that the Relic and ODST update seem like they will be mandatory. Giving me things I dont even want wasting my bandwidth and wasting time and resources when you should have been using those things to fix the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You cant zoom in or out on the mobile site on some phones. I cant (HTC).

Stupid phones :(

@@Basu yeah I posted pretty much the same thing as an idea for the playlists before mcc came out- you'd think it would be a given but I suppose that would require the people at 343 to have brains or something

Popped in Reach yesterday while hanging out with a friend and getting upset with MCC.

It's aged so well.

Less 30 seconds after hitting search, I always found a game.

There were only normal connection issues.

People weren't quitting games. 

It was generally a great experience*

The only black eye on Reach is the lack of ranks.

I'm also pretty sure that the No bloom DMR is the second best utility weapon in Halo.

We played Halo 3 later on and it was pretty much the same thing, but that game has aged so badly that it makes one wonder how MLG didn't fall apart when it came out.

I'd even argue that H4 wasn't that much worse than it, at least my gun hit things.

*I'm either less aware than a drunk American in the middle of Beijing during Chinese New Year, or the FoV is the smallest.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still wish their was an exp ranking too.

I don't understand the reasoning why there isn't one. Even playlist xp would suffice.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've been running Halo CE and Halo 4 pretty much exclusively. Having to stretch myself and learn CE is an awesome experience, but it's very much feast or famine. My buddy and I either stomp 50-30 or get crushed 50-15, so before we get too frustrated, we usually end the night with some Halo 4. After playing Halo CE for a few matches, you can walk into Halo 4 and feel like a demigod.

I feel like if I can keep up my time in Halo CE and Halo 4, by October, I should be just about ready for Halo 5.

We played Halo 3 later on and it was pretty much the same thing, but that game has aged so badly that it makes one wonder how MLG didn't fall apart when it came out.

I'd even argue that H4 wasn't that much worse than it, at least my gun hit things.

Mechanically, I'd definitely agree with you, H4 felt spot-on in that regard. In terms of how matches played out, I'd still give the nod to 3. But coming back to Reach v7 is always a treat, I just wish that more people had the Anniversary pack, because v7 on Battle Creek is one of the reasons I fell in love with competitive Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Um...is that good or bad? I don't know the meme here.

I'm not too sure myself, but what I can say is I played perfect dark on N64 back in the day and well... it made be feel a bit of nostalgia. 

2 nades messes with the meta and makes it more difficult to get people out of a camped entrenched position that is difficult to assault. Especially pink room in chill out or green room in Dammy or top os in Pris. It's really frustrating to only be able to put up two nades in Chilly and pris knowing it probably won't kill them and you don't have any left for another situation.

It's annoying in battle creek too since there are so few nade spawns. Also hang em high relies on a lot of nade tricks and there's only a few spawns. If you're not top blue and they are at top blue they'll just be fucking you up with nades.

Derelict is also a lot harder to fight back to the top without a lot of nades...

It really does change the dynamic of the game in a huge way when you think about it.

Dude Ive been sayin this since the first time I played an MCC 2v2. It's fucked up and they have not acknowledged it at all really. I suggested the 2TS options to Brav in addition to the 4 nade change and he said he would pass both along. 2 weeks later the 2TS patch comes out, but no mention of the nade change. If they wanted to do it, they would have done it in this playlist update. They fixed the timer/radar thing in under a day. The fact is they just don't want 4 nade starts... "exactly how you remembered" pffffffff

I think the nade start impacts the game more heavily than a lot of the bugs that have gotten a lot of community attention. We need to push harder on it. The nades also help mitigate the impact of lag since they do their damage no matter what when the pistol can't hit shit sometimes depending on the internet connection.

Huh - all good points. I suppose I'm in the minority then, and that's fine. I appreciate the viewpoint - you definitely make some points I hadn't really considered that much, but I still think there is something to be said about the difference in gameplay from 4 nades to 2 nades being a positive one. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has played thousands of games of H1 with some of the better H1 players on the east coast, so it's got a least a little weight behind it.

I'll also admit that my game doesn't focus much on nade tricks, so I don't feel the effects as much of nading myself a power weapon and then not having enough nades to fight or zone an opponent with - that's a fair point for sure.

The biggest improvement in my eyes is that those standoffs where both teams are throwing nades are shorter by default now, and it moves the game along a bit better. You also get less deaths from nades bounced by other nades, most of which are absolutely not done on purpose. Forcing a little bit more selectivity with nades and increasing the value of picking them up on the map is a change for the better, in my eyes. I hated it at first and got incredibly frustrated in some of the situations you described, but now I've adapted (hardy har har).

The biggest change is that it forces you to actively make choices with your grenades - should I nade this potential spawn, or should I save my grenade? Should I nade around this corner before I charge it, or should I save my nade?: I've never really felt that way with 4 nades, and in a game centered around decision making (and the rewards and punishments for those decisions), I think the addition of another decision is a positive contribution to the game.

...but I will admit there are merits to both arguments. My only wish is that this was our biggest concern with the game in MCC, because we'd all be a hell of a lot better off than we are now.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Stupid phones :(

@@Basu yeah I posted pretty much the same thing as an idea for the playlists before mcc came out- you'd think it would be a given but I suppose that would require the people at 343 to have brains or something

Yeah it's safe to say 343i would make your xbox turn into a Transformer when trying to to implement a feature like this in a patch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Huh - all good points. I suppose I'm in the minority then, and that's fine. I appreciate the viewpoint - you definitely make some points I hadn't really considered that much, but I still think there is something to be said about the difference in gameplay from 4 nades to 2 nades being a positive one. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has played thousands of games of H1 with some of the better H1 players on the east coast, so it's got a least a little weight behind it.

I'll also admit that my game doesn't focus much on nade tricks, so I don't feel the effects as much of nading myself a power weapon and then not having enough nades to fight or zone an opponent with - that's a fair point for sure.

The biggest improvement in my eyes is that those standoffs where both teams are throwing nades are shorter by default now, and it moves the game along a bit better. You also get less deaths from nades bounced by other nades, most of which are absolutely not done on purpose. Forcing a little bit more selectivity with nades and increasing the value of picking them up on the map is a change for the better, in my eyes. I hated it at first and got incredibly frustrated in some of the situations you described, but now I've adapted (hardy har har).

The biggest change is that it forces you to actively make choices with your grenades - should I nade this potential spawn, or should I save my grenade? Should I nade around this corner before I charge it, or should I save my nade?: I've never really felt that way with 4 nades, and in a game centered around decision making (and the rewards and punishments for those decisions), I think the addition of another decision is a positive contribution to the game.

...but I will admit there are merits to both arguments. My only wish is that this was our biggest concern with the game in MCC, because we'd all be a hell of a lot better off than we are now.

I can see the merit of your arguments as well and sometimes the game turns into a nade fest. But I think 4 nades is crucial to the way 2v2 developed its meta on OG. And certain maps it's more important than others to have those extra nades.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i liked reach, after the title update it was really enjoyable

also most of the maps were pretty good, they really went a different new route in some of them that worked out surprisingly well (eg spire)

the CEA playlist, although not being the original, was also pretty fun to play

also the game felt a lot tighter and better in aim- and movement-controling compared to eg h3 that plays very mushy

overall i enjoyed reach a lot more than h3

Looking forward to a ranked hardcore playlist. Kinda wish you could toggle between h2-h3.

So, popped in MCC for the first time in over 3 months. Played with my casual buddy and queued for some BTB playlist:

First search: Took under 30 seconds for a full 7v7 match. 

Game: Halo 3

Map: Longshore

Type: BTB Slayer w/ BR starts.

Even teams? Yes!

Dedicated servers? Most definitely. Played beuaitfully, no lag, great hit registration, quality opponents. Won 100-69 or something. Had several sprees and went +20 or some shit.

Second Search: Took under 30 seconds, again, full 7v7 match.

Game: Halo 3

Map: Avalance

Type: Multi-flag CTF

Even teams? Yes!

Dedicated servers? Again, definitely dedis, played amazingly smooth. Had a rampage and several sprees. Ended up tieing the game because we were down 6v7 due to a rage quit for a good flag stop. 

Overall game performance for the afternoon (2 games, will play more tonight): A+. Dedis, quick search times, even teams.

Overall enjoyment: A+. Definitely having my buddy over tonight to queue BTB all night. Hopefully this goodluck continues! Halo 3 BTB is still a fucking blast. Sniping is so much more fun than I remember and the BR isn't THAT horrible when on dedis. 

Some clips from Avvy CTF:

+ a few more whenever they get uploaded to Xboxclips

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1