CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

My buddy just bought a gaming PC, I told him to check out Toxikk and I told him when I come over, we are going to play the hell out of that game. It looks like Reakktor knows how to make an Arena Game, on both small and large scale. 343 should take hints because that is what Halo should evolve towards. Not Military Shooters and the ADS trend.

Why play Toxikk when UT4 is free?

• Upvote (+1) 1

My favorite is the guy at the front. The head nodding cracks me up.

Yeah mom, you thought I'd never be a dude bro spartan, but I made it bitch!

Forgive me guys, but I need to vent real quick.

FUCK MCC.

FUCK 343.

FUCK HALO.

holy shit. 6 months in and the only ranked playlist to have SOME half decent game types is team slayer.... TEAM SLAYER.

Then, still Zanzibar BRs still gets voted by my own team over derelict. I don't get it. I gotta find new friends I guess. Which brings me to my next point:

FUCK ZANZIBAR.

I ended up getting team BRs on that shitty map twice last night, and BOTH games it spawned us on the beach. Not only that, but it gave one of their players a spawn right next to sea wall sniper, so literally within 30 seconds, the amount of time it took our team to literally be able to even shoot at anyone, the other team had both snipers, rockets, camo, sword, and complete positional advantage... BOTH GAMES...

We tied the first game after being down by 25 kills in the literal last second, and had it gone on for literally 1 more second, we would have won, and yet IT FUCKING MADE ME LOOSE RANK.

Another game, the other team votes SMGs on elongation, and then quits before the game even starts. Does that reset matchmaking for us? Of course not!! We sat in elongation by ourselves for 15 minutes waiting for the game to end (because if you quit it counts as a loss) AND IT FUCKING MADE US LOOSE RANK ANYWAYS.

Oh, and I found out that CE is cancer with radar on, so at least we know that now.

Get fucked, 343.

I'm sort of in the same boat, friends wise. I have a friend who won't play anything except for H3. He says H1 is stupid because people can only use the pistol the whole time (which is the same basic concept as BR starts, so I don't get that argument),. He says H2 is filled with 'tryhards' who play the game way too much, and that H3 is the perfect balance.

To give you an idea of how much it pisses me off, my favorite gametype and map combos are KOTH/Prisoner or Slayer/Prisoner. He won't vote for it, but if it gets selected, he just puts his controller down and walks away. It's the dumbest shit.

I have started to appear offline so I don't have to play with him when he is on and hurt his feelings since I've been playing with him for years, but new friends to play a better game is definitely a thing I've been exploring.

Why play Toxikk when UT4 is free?

I didn't know that. I don't have a PC to game on. Just a dev build on my laptop, so I don't know all the games and what there is yet. I plan on getting a PC to game on here soon, but LoL overheats my laptop as it is, so I don't pay attention to the games I don't have the ability to play. Toxikk just looked like a sweet game compared to anything I've seen on console in years and I've wanted to try it out since I heard about it and saw some gameplay.

i would think turning off radar should be like flipping a switch. shouldnt involve a content update.

makes me think 343 doesnt directly have control of server side mcc.

I 100% believe there is only one resource who manages the playlists for MCC, and it's something they do off the side of their desk. There seems to be no testing, quality assurance, or verification process before the updates go live. How else is it possible to get well documented rules/settings wrong from 2007 and have radar in CE slip through? Also would make sense why we see sporadic playlist updates as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I 100% believe there is only one resource who manages the playlists for MCC, and it's something they do off the side of their desk. There seems to be no testing, quality assurance, or verification process before the updates go live. How else is it possible to get well documented rules/settings wrong from 2007 and have radar in CE slip through? Also would make sense why we see sporadic playlist updates as well.

safe to assume theyre outsourcing the matchmaking updates on the server side?

Forgive me guys, but I need to vent real quick.

FUCK MCC.

FUCK 343.

FUCK HALO.

holy shit. 6 months in and the only ranked playlist to have SOME half decent game types is team slayer.... TEAM SLAYER.

Then, still Zanzibar BRs still gets voted by my own team over derelict. I don't get it. I gotta find new friends I guess. Which brings me to my next point:

FUCK ZANZIBAR.

I ended up getting team BRs on that shitty map twice last night, and BOTH games it spawned us on the beach. Not only that, but it gave one of their players a spawn right next to sea wall sniper, so literally within 30 seconds, the amount of time it took our team to literally be able to even shoot at anyone, the other team had both snipers, rockets, camo, sword, and complete positional advantage... BOTH GAMES...

We tied the first game after being down by 25 kills in the literal last second, and had it gone on for literally 1 more second, we would have won, and yet IT FUCKING MADE ME LOOSE RANK.

Another game, the other team votes SMGs on elongation, and then quits before the game even starts. Does that reset matchmaking for us? Of course not!! We sat in elongation by ourselves for 15 minutes waiting for the game to end (because if you quit it counts as a loss) AND IT FUCKING MADE US LOOSE RANK ANYWAYS.

Oh, and I found out that CE is cancer with radar on, so at least we know that now.

Get fucked, 343.

So you had two bad games?

well bravos reply to me explains everything. im sorry but i have to lol at this.

Check out @Brav's Tweet:

So you had two bad games?

It depends on what you want to call the elongation match. See, calling it a game sort of implies that there was another team to play against.

Also, no all the games yesterday were terrible. It's just that those two Zanzibar games (which happened right in a row btw) were the ones to actually make me say "fuck it I'm done playing for the night."

It was sort of just the cumulative fucking that the game gave me over the hour or two that I played it that made me type out that post.

I'm sort of in the same boat, friends wise. I have a friend who won't play anything except for H3. He says H1 is stupid because people can only use the pistol the whole time (which is the same basic concept as BR starts, so I don't get that argument),. He says H2 is filled with 'tryhards' who play the game way too much, and that H3 is the perfect balance.

To give you an idea of how much it pisses me off, my favorite gametype and map combos are KOTH/Prisoner or Slayer/Prisoner. He won't vote for it, but if it gets selected, he just puts his controller down and walks away. It's the dumbest shit.

He also thinks the same in regards to pistol vs ar

I have started to appear offline so I don't have to play with him when he is on and hurt his feelings since I've been playing with him for years, but new friends to play a better game is definitely a thing I've been exploring.

lmao the same thing happened with me and one of my friends id been playing with since summer 2012. He just puts down his controller if anything other than h3 gets selected in btb. Yeah i stopped playing with him after that day

just read the community update, 343i still seems to think a playlist with all halo titles to vote for is the way to go lmao

and team doubles, boy who would want to play that?

only CE plays good in 2v2, the other halos do not play that well in a 2v2

aside from that you usually play team doubles in parties of two, means if your favourite halo doesnt win the vote you just snap party - leave multiplayer and restart the search, and incase you do not do that the opponents team most likely will

343i thats perfect, this totally works towards the initial idea of allowing people to vote for each halo in a playlist and it also works out so excellently well in those playlists, such a joy to play, really

oh wait, i was just polishing my sacasm

and on top of that this crap gets its own PERMANENT playlist, just wow

343i needs to realize that its better to give each halo its own 2-3 playlists where ONLY that halo is played

one of them is exchanged each week with currently missing playlists for each halo, eg SWAT weeks, Objective weeks, Griftball weeks, ...

sure this divides the playerbase, but only theoretical

in reality a lot of playlist will be totally empty as barely anyone is interested to play that, eg most Halo 4 playlist id say

people will transfer over to their most loved Halo, which means CE, H2 and H3, and those will have an acceptable activity then

give the people what they want to play rather than forcing them to win a stupid voting system, the current playlist system isnt "just like you remember it from back in the days"

for those who really like playlists with mixed halos in it, well keep 1-2 playlist for those guys

though i doubt these playlists will remain active and playable for when everyone can just pick their favourite halo via playlist

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

safe to assume theyre outsourcing the matchmaking updates on the server side?

Safe to say they're a poorly managed company.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Had like 8 games in a row end last night due to host quitting. Shoutouts to all these dedicated servers. :kappa:  I still can't believe they pull that "the majority of games being played are on dedicated servers" crap with us like we're stupid or something. I can clearly tell the fluctuating connections from game to game. Adding to the fact that the host would quit after being stomped for 45 seconds and the game will just end with everyone still in it.

Every time you're up 1-0 or something like that in Team Objective the other team just quits out immediately. Even if it's a team of 4. It's so mind boggling annoying. Gotta love it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry I didn't pick up on that earlier.

Menke (though he left 343), Holmes, Quinn (despite the fact that I disagree with a lot of his opinions), most of the pro team, Mike Colter and Kazuma Jinnouchi are the people I can think of as I write this.

Not Frankie.

You realize the 343 employees you listed were high fiving at the MCC just as you remembered it announcement , they only frequent this site to sell you their halo, and do not care about any commitments their business has made to anyone?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wait they are taking ranks out of TS?

ranks dont make much sense in a multi-halo playlist

you might skillwise be 50 in H2, but only maybe 40 in H3, 20 in CE and so on

as soon as you are in the 40 region your rank rise or rank fall will depend on the halo game that wins

most people back out when a halo wins in which they are the weakest

so why keep ranks in slayer, doesnt make much sense

trueskill also does the trick in that playlist

• Upvote (+1) 6

TS should be the social playlist, like beam said a multi-game playlist has no business being ranked because your skill level won't be true for all the titles in the playlist. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If it wasn't just a flip of a switch then it was intentionally changed. Testing the waters to see if making it noob friendly would fly?

343 is playing you all.

Yep. As soon as I heard it had radar I just said to myself "these motherfuckers finally did it". I can only imagine how many cry babies that have been tweeting and complaining on waypoint about the difficulty of the playlist. This was there way of saying "hey, we listened, now tell us if you like it". I wouldn't be surprised that when they "fix" this "error" the playlist will have radar and non-radar gametypes, which will completely ruin the experience. 343 is smart, every move they do is calculated, even if it backfires, don't assume everything they do is a fuck up or accident.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bungie 12/1/2004,  "Please remember that our Xbox Live matchmaking system is dynamic and is controlled behind the scenes by a small file we can upload to the Xbox Live servers. Unlike an actual auto update like the one we released a few weeks ago that is downloaded and makes code changes to the game itself, playlist updates consist of a single file that exists on the actual Live server."

Perfected more than 10 years ago, I realize it may be different now with the X1 and managing more than 1 game, but each playlist update so far feels like it takes just as long as a content update with 343.

SOURCE:https://halo.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=1808

• Upvote (+1) 5

You realize the 343 employees you listed were high fiving at the MCC just as you remembered it announcement , they only frequent this site to sell you their halo, and do not care about any commitments their business has made to anyone?

I feel like this is an opinion I don't need to justify. Most of it is based on personal experiences and bias. You certainly don't have to appreciate someone just because I do.

I started the post with "I think" for a reason.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bungie 12/1/2004,  "Please remember that our Xbox Live matchmaking system is dynamic and is controlled behind the scenes by a small file we can upload to the Xbox Live servers. Unlike an actual auto update like the one we released a few weeks ago that is downloaded and makes code changes to the game itself, playlist updates consist of a single file that exists on the actual Live server."

Perfected more than 10 years ago, I realize it may be different now with the X1 and managing more than 1 game, but each playlist update so far feels like it takes just as long as a content update with 343.

SOURCE:https://halo.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=1808

I feel like I'll be that guy saying this but there's no doubt that it is probably a different process doing this for CE, H2A, H2C, H3 and H4 and that's why they don't do them often.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 is smart, every move they do is calculated, even if it backfires, don't assume everything they do is a fuck up or accident.

Next level meta

• Upvote (+1) 1