CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I don't mean to drag out this argument any further.  But how is it when someone votes SMG starts H2 over BR starts H3 it's because they enjoy it more.  But when someone votes AR starts Halo 3 over something else it's a different story.  Do you not see how hypocritical this is.  Set aside the mechanical aspects of H2 that make it 'better'.. as someone else mentioned at least H3 has more BR's on the map and the AR is more capable than the SMG.

I don't mind debating things. It's hard not to be hypocritical when you hate AR starts as much as me (and many of the other players) but I take back what I said earlier, it's clear that you vote for Halo 3 AR's on Standoff because you enjoy it. I personally don't enjoy it at all, and I also dislike stomping an enemy (I feel Standoff is poorly balanced, if one side gets hog + laser the game is over 99% of the time, which isn't fun). I don't condone the mentality of stomping the enemy using these mechanics.

However, if you find the fun from winning and playing the game, I guess that's acceptable, the problem I have is when people get their fun from making others miserable. The reason why people are against your point of view is because what you describe as fun (Warthog + Laser stomping kids on Standoff) comes across as a sort of dick way to play the game, whereas a lot of other players prefer a more balanced experience where the game is always in the balance and not reliant on getting two weapons early then sitting pretty.

Voting for H2 SMG's comes across as "I like Halo 2, I hate Halo 3" whereas voting Standoff AR's comes across as "Let's stomp these kids with the warthog". Not saying that's what's happening, but it seems that way and it's fair to say the Halo 2 one is a more respectable stance. I could be wrong in all this, but that's how I see it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't mind debating things. It's hard not to be hypocritical when you hate AR starts as much as me (and many of the other players) but I take back what I said earlier, it's clear that you vote for Halo 3 AR's on Standoff because you enjoy it. I personally don't enjoy it at all, and I also dislike stomping an enemy (I feel Standoff is poorly balanced, if one side gets hog + laser the game is over 99% of the time, which isn't fun). I don't condone the mentality of stomping the enemy using these mechanics.

However, if you find the fun from winning and playing the game, I guess that's acceptable, the problem I have is when people get their fun from making others miserable. The reason why people are against your point of view is because what you describe as fun (Warthog + Laser stomping kids on Standoff) comes across as a sort of dick way to play the game, whereas a lot of other players prefer a more balanced experience where the game is always in the balance and not reliant on getting two weapons early then sitting pretty.

Voting for H2 SMG's comes across as "I like Halo 2, I hate Halo 3" whereas voting Standoff AR's comes across as "Let's stomp these kids with the warthog". Not saying that's what's happening, but it seems that way and it's fair to say the Halo 2 one is a more respectable stance. I could be wrong in all this, but that's how I see it.

I tried to upvote you but apparently I've reached my limit of upvotes for the day.  Thank you for understanding and putting that reasonably.  I'm honestly every bit as competitive of a Halo player as anyone reading this and I always have been.  I just happen to like goofing around in Halo as well, it's god the perfect sandbox and physics engine for it.

edit: I don't remember who it was exactly that said I'm probably a bad player.  But here's the only full gameplay I have on my DVR

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MultiLockOn/video/1011970

First 1:30 isn't too impressive, lot of stupid decisions.  After that you can see my gun skill a bit more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We've finally reached the in-fighting stage.

It shouldn't have taken this long given what MCC is, though.

Y'all happy over there?

343-arrives-at-E3-2014.jpeg

Yep, thought so...

• Upvote (+1) 1

We've finally reached the in-fighting stage.

It shouldn't have taken this long given what MCC is, though.

Y'all happy over there?

Yep, thought so...

"Kiki Wolfkill" is a very unique name.

I think voting a broken gametype because you lack the ability to compete in a fair gametype is more narcissistic than calling out someone for it.

Not at all.

Its just personal preference. It never advocates that one is the only right view point and everyone must agree.

Don't misuse words like that. It won't work.

Bigshow, it honestly was not obvious at all that you were joking. I consider myself a good reader of context and your arguments sounded dead serious, plus a bunch of people dog piled on the argument. It was honestly a dick move to call him a sociopath. You brush it off as obvious joking but I don't think you've been on enough forums or even twitter where someone will call someone else a sociopath and mean it.

In regards to the argument itself if anyone is actually taking it seriously... A good number of us intentionally try to snipe Halo 1 in TS fully knowing 90% of players are utterly clueless in that game, and scores usually end up 50-10. It's pretty fucking hypocritical to say voting for standoff is a dick move considering most kids would rather get owned by warthogs in that than play halo 1.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Finally got my Xbox setup next to my PC. Just like it's 2005 boys

ihJHDY0.png

I literally still use this every time I play. It's just tradition at this point. BTW is that "shady website" at a 4t.com website? If so that's mine from like 10 years ago lol. And it's legit.

can we get bleedthrough for h2a? does anyone else care?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Took forever to find a game, is that just a population thing? And i didn't get that irrelevant update, was i supposed to get a download for that?

No, what is going on is that some people are picking gametypes because it pisses the enemy off. Akademik and Bigshow36 are simply pointing out that if you do something because it annoys someone, you are a sociopath and probably a terrible person.

If you love Halo 3 and pick it because you love it, you are perfectly normal.

If you pick Halo 3 because you know other people will be annoyed at it you are a terrible person.

Simple logic.

Pretty sure he's said multiple times that he picks it because he likes driving around in a Warthog.

It's already there.

Nope, it's not. It wasn't in H2C either, so I doubt it will get changed

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Holy shit Ogre 2 is good at Halo 1.

I know he doesn't need more praise for that game but my god.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Apparently I'm not a critical thinker, and a mediocre ordinary player because I like ARs Standoff. Never mind the fact I had multiple 50's in H3 a 39 in H2 and have been playing Halo since the month CE came out. Nevermind the fact that I literally hold the same opinion as 99 percent of this forum when it comes to opinions about starting weapons, heiarchy of Halo games, map design etc. You act like I don't know what I'm talking about because I like hog dynamic on standoff. Nevermind your idiotic claims that I'm a sociopath because I vote for a map/gametype in a video game, every BTB playlist in the history of Halo has consistently been the most (if not 2nd most) populated playlist and more often than not AR/SMG starts with vehicle dominance. Nevermind the fact that Halo 3 is inherently a casual game compared to 1 and 2, nevermind the fact that there's not even a ranking system in MCC to make value of winning a game. Never mind the fact that I play standoff in an environment with drinking buddies. Ive enjoyed coming to this forum not only because it's the final competitive haven for Halo but because alongside that there comes a deeper understanding of the game and a generally more intelligent user base. But everything I've read of your posts reak of bigotry and intolerance when we probably agree on the exact same ideologies of what should be in Halo. You're unable to even recognize the most basic things I've told you. Can you really not see what makes ARs on standoff fun after what I've explained? Everything you few are posting just resembles the radical far left of the spectrum that the competitive community don't even recognize themselves with. If you doubt my skills in Halo I can link you to videos of gameplay from me, or you can play with me on your team, or youre welcome to 1v1 me if that's really what you need.

You were getting a +rep for that post until the last line.

Sorry.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nope, it's not. It wasn't in H2C either, so I doubt it will get changed

I don't know why you are just spewing false facts.

Both those games have bleedthrough.

I don't know why you are just spewing false facts.

Both those games have bleedthrough.

I love how you accuse me of lying yet I remember you stating that nobody moves on HeH...

Put someone 1 quarter shield in H2C and shoot him with a sniper, then report to me with your findings

Man... Why are people bashing someone who enjoys playing a certain map with ars with his friends? The reason people pick ARs is because we BR users have our OWN playlists lol. Give them space, or stop playing in that playlist. And if the majority voted for x, well, suck it up.

Maybe I came late (no homo) but thats all im seeing these last few pages

There's a BR only playlist?

I love how you accuse me of lying yet I remember you stating that nobody moves on HeH...

Put someone 1 quarter shield in H2C and shoot him with a sniper, then report to me with your findings

I've died multiple times with Shields from a melee in H2C and H2A. I don't know if it's just guns (or the sniper) but bleed through is there in some ways.

Isn't a sentinel beam and rocket launcher a one hit melee kill if you jump and hit them?

I've died multiple times with Shields from a melee in H2C and H2A. I don't know if it's just guns (or the sniper) but bleed through is there in some ways.

Isn't a sentinel beam and rocket launcher a one hit melee kill if you jump and hit them?

appears it might only be on guns. I am not a diehard H2 guy but I thought there was no bleed through in H2C since there is none in H2A

Halo 2A has momentum melees just like H2C. 3 melees to kill if you stand still, 2 if you're moving forward, and 1 with an objective item if you jump. Also if you have empty rockets don't drop it, you can 1 hit kill someone if you jump melee them.

I have very little info about bleedthrough. Can someone explain it to me in detail?

I have very little info about bleedthrough. Can someone explain it to me in detail?

It's really easy to understand.

If you have 50 shield, and 75 health, and my gun does 75 damage, you will end up with 0 shield and 50 health.

It just treats the shield as a buffer to your health as opposed to something that will always protect you(see: Reach, H4 headshot weapons).

It's really easy to understand.

If you have 50 shield, and 75 health, and my gun does 75 damage, you will end up with 0 shield and 50 health.

It just treats the shield as a buffer to your health as opposed to something that will always protect you(see: Reach, H4 headshot weapons).

So, if I have, say half of my shields on Reach/4 and I was shot with a sniper, my shields will be depleted but my health would stay intact?