CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Just play H1 you bunch of noobs

Well the people that defend Halo 3 AR starts are the same people that quit against you and Bigshow after 25 kills in CE. They don't want to learn, they don't like even matches, they just want the rofl stop and a sense of empowerment. They are ordinary, mediocre people. Then there are the more critical thinkers that want to play to become better and want even starts so that the advantage is you're own skill, not abuse of a broken system. 

I know you were being sardonic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I did use a phone app when I was in the other room,  gimme some credit here

Point is Im still using a program I wrote when I was 14

my comment wasn't suppose to be taken seriously  :) . I'm also familiar with your timer, good stuff.

I don't think that's what he's saying, I think he feels how I feel....that unless you start with a gun that is effective the fun factor is just not as high...let's forget the competitive aspect all together here....I don't find standoff AR's fun, but Standoff BR's is fun. I don't find it fun getting raped because you can't defend yourself and I don't enjoy beating up on ppl for the same reason. 

Finally got my Xbox setup next to my PC. Just like it's 2005 boys

ihJHDY0.png

I want this download

and i dont know how this quote pyramid, but i love quote pyramids so hey

Apparently I'm not a critical thinker, and a mediocre ordinary player because I like ARs Standoff. Never mind the fact I had multiple 50's in H3 a 39 in H2 and have been playing Halo since the month CE came out. Nevermind the fact that I literally hold the same opinion as 99 percent of this forum when it comes to opinions about starting weapons, heiarchy of Halo games, map design etc. You act like I don't know what I'm talking about because I like hog dynamic on standoff. Nevermind your idiotic claims that I'm a sociopath because I vote for a map/gametype in a video game, every BTB playlist in the history of Halo has consistently been the most (if not 2nd most) populated playlist and more often than not AR/SMG starts with vehicle dominance. Nevermind the fact that Halo 3 is inherently a casual game compared to 1 and 2, nevermind the fact that there's not even a ranking system in MCC to make value of winning a game. Never mind the fact that I play standoff in an environment with drinking buddies. Ive enjoyed coming to this forum not only because it's the final competitive haven for Halo but because alongside that there comes a deeper understanding of the game and a generally more intelligent user base. But everything I've read of your posts reak of bigotry and intolerance when we probably agree on the exact same ideologies of what should be in Halo. You're unable to even recognize the most basic things I've told you. Can you really not see what makes ARs on standoff fun after what I've explained? Everything you few are posting just resembles the radical far left of the spectrum that the competitive community don't even recognize themselves with. If you doubt my skills in Halo I can link you to videos of gameplay from me, or you can play with me on your team, or youre welcome to 1v1 me if that's really what you need.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I think everyone is taking this a little too seriously.

And Batchford is playing Halo 2.

I want this download

and i dont know how this quote pyramid, but i love quote pyramids so hey

I just googled it and found it on some shady website. The original copy and source code are loooooooong gone. I can re-upload it to a less shadow source and put the link in my sig tomorrow or something. Cuz taking it from a shady place and putting it on a less shady place makes it not shady anymore  :kappa:

I just googled it and found it on some shady website. The original copy and source code are loooooooong gone. I can re-upload it to a less shadow source and put the link in my sig tomorrow or something. Cuz taking it from a shady place and putting it on a less shady place makes it not shady anymore  :kappa:

yep, logic is solid

Just play H1 you bunch of noobs

pike.0.gif
  • Upvote (+1) 3

It was H2 because the enemy team voted H3 BR on Last Resort...

Was living that SMG Beaver Creak life

• Upvote (+1) 1

Apparently I'm not a critical thinker, and insated are a mediocre player because I like AR starts Standoff. Never mind the fact I had multiple 50's in H3 a 39 in H2 and have been playing Halo since CE came out. Nevermind the fact that I literally hold the same opinion as 99 percent of this forum when it comes to starting weapons, hierarchy of Halo games, map design etc. You act like I don't know what I'm talking about because I like the way standoff plays with Warthogs.

Nevermind the claims that I'm a sociopath because I vote for a map/gametype in a video game in which the BTB playlist has consistently been one of the most popular playlists and more often than not AR/SMG starts with vehicle dominance. Nevermind the fact that Halo 3 is inherently a casual game compared to 1 and 2. Nevermind the fact that there's not even a ranking system in MCC to make value of winning a game.

Nevermind the fact that I play standoff in an environment with drinking buddies. I've enjoyed coming to this forum not only because it's the final competitive haven for Halo but because alongside that there comes a deeper understanding of the game and a generally more intelligent user base. But everything I've read of your posts reak of bigotry and intolerance when we probably agree on the exact same ideologies of what should be in Halo. You're unable to even recognize the most basic things I've told you. Can you really not see what makes ARs on standoff fun after what I've explained? Everything you few are posting just resembles the radical far left of the spectrum that the competitive community don't even recognize themselves with. 

If you doubt my skills in Halo I can link you to videos of gameplay from me, or you can play with me on your team, or youre welcome to 1v1 me if that's really what you need.

Touched up some grammar and spelling there. Just to clarify, as I stated before: 

If you love Halo 3 and pick it because you love it, you are perfectly normal.

If you pick Halo 3 because you know other people will be annoyed at it you are a terrible person. 

So if you are doing the former, there's no issue at all really. If you're doing the latter, well, you're a douche.

Also you, I don't think it's super fair to call someone out, call them a sociopath and then say "You're taking this too seriously" when he takes that offensively. I don't really give a shit, but it seems a weak way to avoid (or more likely, end) the debate.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven't heard this in years. #WeBack

To the octagon? Or is it Lockout?

Was "1v1 me" a thing in CE? What map would you play, Wizard?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Touched up some grammar and spelling there. Just to clarify, as I stated before:

So if you are doing the former, there's no issue at all really. If you're doing the latter, well, you're a douche.[\quote]

I'm pretty much always on this site on my phone so my grammar is pretty spotty, especially with Swype.

The second thing you mentioned sounds like everyone on this forum spam voting SMG starts H2 so they don't have to play h3.

I'm avoiding the "debate" because I'm on my phone and frankly, there's nothing to debate. If you think I honestly think some dude on a forum is a sociopath because he votes shit gametypes, you need to get a better hyperbole internet filter.

AR starts invariably suck and are made worse by completely unbalanced vehicles. If you vote that just to roll helpless players then I feel sorry for you. There, my contribution to the debate is done.

To the octagon? Or is it Lockout?

Was "1v1 me" a thing in CE? What map would you play, Wizard?

Ah man, I remember people seriously bringing up Octagon has a measure of skill... good times.

Halo 3 1v1s were also hilarious when some people tried to edit the settings or the map to give themselves an advantage. I'll never forget when one kid tried to make it so whoever had the lead was invincible. I took the lead without realizing it and he, for some reason, kept going instead of restarting it. I was quick to pick up on it and had a good laugh but he ended up booting me  :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm pretty much always on this site on my phone so my grammar is pretty spotty, especially with Swype.

The second thing you mentioned sounds like everyone on this forum spam voting SMG starts H2 so they don't have to play h3.

Swype pls.

I think people are voting for Halo 2 because they like Halo 2 more than Halo 3 and I don't see an issue with this (personally).

I'm avoiding the "debate" because I'm on my phone and frankly, there's nothing to debate. If you think I honestly think some dude on a forum is a sociopath because he votes shit gametypes, you need to get a better hyperbole internet filter.

AR starts invariably suck and are made worse by completely unbalanced vehicles. If you vote that just to roll helpless players then I feel sorry for you. There, my contribution to the debate is done.

Fair call, not attacking you, was just stating what you said as unreasonable.

As for AR starts, I agree. I can deal with Halo 3 BR starts (would prefer H2CBR/HCE) but AR/SMG starts are utter garbage, especially with a warthog/laser trained on you.

Y'all act like it's a crime to enjoy anything in Halo 3. It's fun to drive around in a hog the same way it's fun to play infection, I never claimed it was competitive or balanced in any way. Bout once a week 9 or 10 of us go to my friends pad and we kick it in the garage, normally we just drink beers and talk as two of us pkay Halo. I don't always want to play TS Dammy or Midship, and when standoff comes up on voting he just looks at me and smiles because he loves driving the hog and we can normally get a perfection on one. ARs is just icing on the cake because it's practically a guarantee. Sometimes we play competitive when dubs is an available playlist but that's not always the case. Standoff hogs are just classic Halo big team action. I don't even think it's good game design, it's just flat out silly halo fun.

I find it obnoxious how quick anyone here is to make dismissive comments about things like this.

I feel this man. Me and my friends have had some great times passing around controllers while we down a case. Its fun to mess around sometimes, but unfortunately not everyone playing wants to fuck around on standoff so I understand both sides.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H3 BR's over H2 SMG starts. Would even pick knowing how broke MCC H3 is. Only map I'd think twice about is Last Resort and fucking Orbital.

Would even pick H3 AR's over H2 SMG starts depending on map as H3 seems to have more BR's to pick up on most maps.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ah man, I remember people seriously bringing up Octagon has a measure of skill... good times.

Halo 3 1v1s were also hilarious when some people tried to edit the settings or the map to give themselves an advantage. I'll never forget when one kid tried to make it so whoever had the lead was invincible. I took the lead without realizing it and he, for some reason, kept going instead of restarting it. I was quick to pick up on it and had a good laugh but he ended up booting me  :(

Best 1v1 memory for me was in Reach, I'm usually one to teabag an enemy that get's out DMR'd hard (and expect it to be done to me) and this guy got quite salty. He spent 30 minutes trying to convince me to 1v1 him. We ended up 1v1ing finally on a Reach Octagon. This guy was clearly a hundred times better than me, but I got the first kill, a decent 5 shot DMR, and then I quit. He spent another 30 minutes sending me messages telling me I was a pussy bitch and a quitter. I just kept sending him "1 - 0". 

He would have probably destroyed me but I've always found that memory amusing.

H3 BR's over H2 SMG starts. Would even pick knowing how broke MCC H3 is. Only map I'd think twice about is Last Resort and fucking Orbital.

Would even pick H3 AR's over H2 SMG starts depending on map as H3 seems to have more BR's to pick up on most maps.

What is it with Orbital? Ghost Town and Orbital are so often.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Best 1v1 memory for me was in Reach, I'm usually one to teabag an enemy that get's out DMR'd hard (and expect it to be done to me) and this guy got quite salty. He spent 30 minutes trying to convince me to 1v1 him. We ended up 1v1ing finally on a Reach Octagon. This guy was clearly a hundred times better than me, but I got the first kill, a decent 5 shot DMR, and then I quit. He spent another 30 minutes sending me messages telling me I was a pussy bitch and a quitter. I just kept sending him "1 - 0". 

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I can only imagine how mad dude must have gotten....wow....genius

• Upvote (+1) 2

What is it with Orbital? Ghost Town and Orbital are so often.

It's crazy, I've played more Ghost Town, Stand Off and Orbital on MCC than I have in the entire 8 years I played H3 on Xbox 360.

It's even sadder when it's picked over Middy BR's or Prisoner Slayer....... :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Swype pls.

I think people are voting for Halo 2 because they like Halo 2 more than Halo 3 and I don't see an issue with this (personally).

I don't mean to drag out this argument any further.  But how is it when someone votes SMG starts H2 over BR starts H3 it's because they enjoy it more.  But when someone votes AR starts Halo 3 over something else it's a different story.  Do you not see how hypocritical this is.  Set aside the mechanical aspects of H2 that make it 'better'.. as someone else mentioned at least H3 has more BR's on the map and the AR is more capable than the SMG.