CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Someone on my fl got to 30 on the first day they released ranks for hcs. He couldn't find games at all and had to make a new account

Sadly that's exactly what I expected to happen.

Looking for anyone to vote H2 in TS and H1 in the case of SMG starts... Anyone down PM me!

Looking for anyone to vote H2 in TS and H1 in the case of SMG starts... Anyone down PM me!

Are you Australian?

Well . . . I like SWAT as a gametype.  Now that it's back, I tried playing it.  All three games (i.e., three times in a row), SWATLESS (Snowbound) was picked.

Three times.  Twice it won on a tiebreaker since H3 is always to the left.

Why can the titles not be in random order?  Why must H3 always be to the left?  I don't particularly like H3 SWAT, so I probably won't be playing the list anymore.

Voting is one of the worst thing to have ever happened to matchmaking, but it will never get changed. Halo 3 system was fantasic because you could only veto a single game type (and most people don't vote so vetoing didn't always happen) and were then given a random choice after that. Being able to vote leads to the same few choices being selected over and over again.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Anyone still playing ranked? How high have you gotten?

13 in Team Slayer. Playing with a Team of 4 though so it's a bit hack but we want veto power. This is our veto priority order (my friends are huge Halo 2 fans but I'm getting them into CE:

Halo 2C, BRs (good map)

> Halo 1 (all maps)

> Halo 2A BRs  

> Halo 2C, BRs (bad map)

> Halo 3 BR Starts

> Satan's fiery asshole.

> SMG/AR starts.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@BigShow36, nope, American. @@Shekkles, I have the same voting priority except H2 BRs wins over everything because if you vote H1 and a party decides they want to play SMGs you're tucked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

y didnt u just say "make what appears left randomized"

Here's how I vote:

If at 0 seconds, there are 3-4 votes for halo3, all 4 of us will pick halo 2 no matter the map no matter the starting wep.

if at 0 seconds, there are 1-2 votes for halo 3, we all 4 pick halo ce unless the halo 3 map is really bad and theres a good halo 2 map/setting.

if at 0 seconds, there are split votes, we pick ce. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If at 0 seconds, there are 3-4 votes for halo3, all 4 of us will pick halo 2 no matter the map no matter the starting wep.

if at 0 seconds, there are 1-2 votes for halo 3, we all 4 pick halo ce unless the halo 3 map is really bad and theres a good halo 2 map/setting.

if at 0 seconds, there are split votes, we pick ce. 

Ahahahhaha literally what my party does.

Anyone want to play some HCS? I'm not the greatest but I'm looking to do more than just go in the playlist solo. It's brutal. I get those guys who want to stay rocks on Sanctuary.

2v4 gameplay vs a full team of tryhards. Loving these ranks atm. I'm actually finding myself playing this over 360.

Also full teams r gay. Literally the only reason why I lose in MM. I'd play with a team myself but I'm already getting 20-30 kills a game anyways so it'd be  :beyond: unfair.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone want to play some HCS? I'm not the greatest but I'm looking to do more than just go in the playlist solo. It's brutal. I get those guys who want to stay rocks on Sanctuary.

That's rough.

So my friend and I were playing H3 campaign and the game froze and kicked us out.  Anyone know if we continue at checkpoint Bravo will we get credit for completing the level/get the achievement?

For once I'm glad my team mate quit on CE

Because it let me win another 2v1 on Derelict  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've never understood "tryhard" as an insult... am I not supposed to try?

If you are trying harder then I am you have no life...Tryhard  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

No it's actually a compliment for worthy opponents. I love being called a 'tryhard' 'nerd' 'sweaty' 'virgin'. It makes me feel good at the game and I take them all as encouragement and compliments. The term is highly subjective. If you wanted to be a typical forum kid, break it down, analyze it and be as literal as fuck then yes the word 'tryhard' does not make sense.

(Here we go again)

• Upvote (+1) 1

LMAO! Yeah, I hope he is trolling!!!

Nah man. Halo merging with CoD would be SICKKKKKK(!) Lmao, posts like his are exactly why I stay away from Waypoint :') The dude actually says he's not trolling. I really wonder what goes through their minds....

No. You're suppose to half-ass it so these egotistical scrubs can win, so they can brag about how much you suck at halo and how much greater they are than you, your teammates, friends, parents, bf/gf and professionals. If you do perform well and beat them....fuck you for trying.

Realest shit ever typed

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dude you know I'm in for this!

I'm gonna shoot for Friday.  I should be getting off work early on Friday, so hopefully east coast won't need to be up stupid-late to join me.  I'm in Hawaii, and we're currently 6 hours behind east coast.  I'm hoping I can fill my lobby and get my stream up by 9 or 10 pm eastern.

When I'm playing matchmaking with my friends and we're just casually playing against mid-tier to low-tier players in Social Slayer it's fun and relaxing and then one game you oppose players that actually are good, or in some cases really good and it feels like they're mid-low tier players trying their absolute hardest, when in fact they're just playing to their own level, we're just not used to opposing people of that skill.

I don't ever really say 'holy shit that guy is trying so hard' I usually think 'hey that guy is good'. It's about perspective. You have people like Albatross who feeds off negativity, then you have others like myself who feed off "good shot!" "great snipe" and positive reinforcement. It's all about perspective really. I find the only people that call others "tryhards" are people that are against people that are better than them and they don't want to admit it, so they see them as a low skill player "trying hard".

TL;DR: People don't like admitting people are better than them.

• Upvote (+1) 3