CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Pretty sure that is some sort of Morse code...

They're both free. They are an "apology" not paid DLC.

It was only free for those who played when it launched and a cut off date in December (I think?). I didn't end up playing until January.

I often message quitters politely asking why they quit. The most common thing by far is that their game actually crashed/lagged them out. 343 really needs to get on that.

I often message quitters politely asking why they quit. The most common thing by far is that their game actually crashed/lagged them out. 343 really needs to get on that.

I do a similar thing, I ask the quitters why they are afraid of competition. I haven't had any of them tell me they lagged out, they normally just tell me to get over it.

"Lagged out"

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pretty sure that is some sort of Morse code...

Thanks for your continued patience?

I do a similar thing, I ask the quitters why they are afraid of competition. I haven't had any of them tell me they lagged out, they normally just tell me to get over it.

Approach them nicely instead. "Hey, why'd you quit?"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just found a game in matchmaking with 3 AFKs on my team, been searching for 30 minutes...

Ec2TVI1.gif

plz

They probably thought they could come back to a searching screen after waiting 30 minutes themselves.

As much as I hate it the only way to fix the quitting issue at this stage is for join in progress to be implemented. At least in social anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As much as I hate it the only way to fix the quitting issue at this stage is for join in progress to be implemented. At least in social anyway.

Lol that would just pour gasoline onto the fire. But the bigger question is why has fixing the game been abandoned as the correct option?

@@legendaryshotz It is well past time for civil action. But it won't happen. As soon as ms gets word of anything they will tell you that they will offer more freebies to pacify the few that care still.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol that would just pour gasoline onto the fire. But the bigger question is why has fixing the game been abandoned as the correct option?

@@legendaryshotz It is well past time for civil action. But it won't happen. As soon as ms gets word of anything they will tell you that they will offer more freebies to pacify the few that care still.

What would you suggest to help stop quitters?

So 4 v 4's turn into 10 v 7's again?

So 4 v 4's turn into 10 v 7's again?

Well, if 343 implemented it properly it'll only let the right amount of people to join the game.

Well, if 343 implemented it properly

And here we have problem #1.

I get what you're saying (even though I don't want JIP no matter what), but 343i couldn't handle implementing a proper ranking system and playlists that don't match teams of 4 with randoms. I've just started to assume that any idea we have for the MCC has a higher potential of being utterly ruined by 343i than being implemented properly.

As far as quitting goes, has anybody actually been quit banned yet? I tried quitting out of a bunch of games on an alt a while back and nothing happened.

My experience with this game is still an utter SMG/AR-started lagfest. Maybe that's just me, but the way I see it if people had an actual reason to stay in the game instead of quitting (you know...like the game being enjoyable and not just slightly-below tolerable), quitting would be less of a problem.

• Upvote (+1) 5

And here we have problem #1.

I get what you're saying (even though I don't want JIP no matter what), but 343i couldn't handle implementing a proper ranking system and playlists that don't match teams of 4 with randoms. I've just started to assume that any idea we have for the MCC has a higher potential of being utterly ruined by 343i than being implemented properly.

As far as quitting goes, has anybody actually been quit banned yet? I tried quitting out of a bunch of games on an alt a while back and nothing happened.

My experience with this game is still an utter SMG/AR-started lagfest. Maybe that's just me, but the way I see it if people had an actual reason to stay in the game instead of quitting (you know...like the game being enjoyable and not just slightly-below tolerable), quitting would be less of a problem.

According to the prompt, quitting will "affect your reputation across all games".

You know, the useless system that people ruined anyway back on 360 to avoid players?

Yeah. So threatening.