CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Genuine question: why are you guys playing MCC? All you're doing is showing them that its acceptable to release a broken game because people will play it anyway

Ultimately I still I have fun playing certain lists in the MCC. I have always appreciated Halo both competitively and casually, obviously over the last 5 years it's been predominantly casual and while I do get tired of having to deal with terrible players on both teams, I still for the most part have an enjoyable time because I play with friends who live across the country from me and I haven't met in years since I started university, it isn't only a gaming experience for me but a social one as well and at the moment at least, there is no other multiplayer xbox game that interests me (and my friends) so I still devote a lot of time to the MCC and Halo.

When Battlefront drops though that will probably change.

They might as well rename the team slayer playlist to halo 3 team slayer. H3 gets voted no matter what gametype it is 9/10 times.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They might as well rename the team slayer playlist to halo 3 team slayer. H3 gets voted no matter what gametype it is 9/10 times.

I get H1 the majority of the time.

Genuine question: why are you guys playing MCC? All you're doing is showing them that its acceptable to release a broken game because people will play it anyway

Where else can I play 60fps, 1080p halo?

I absolutely hate when people ask me "why do you play that game?" for some abstract reason.

I play the games that I have fun playing. It doesn't matter all that much to me that MCC was broken and may still be. I play it and I have fun with it. Whenever I get frustrated or bored, I do something else.

I'll buy Halo 5 too. I may think twice about pre-ordering it, but I'm sure as hell going to buy it because it looks fun. May not be true to the Halo formula or whatever, but it looks fun.

Please stop preaching about not playing broken games and all that. Let people play what they want to play.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Where else can I play 60fps, 1080p halo?

So much this.  Go back and the frame rate is near unbearable now.

I absolutely hate when people ask me "why do you play that game?" for some abstract reason.

I play the games that I have fun playing. It doesn't matter all that much to me that MCC was broken and may still be. I play it and I have fun with it. Whenever I get frustrated or bored, I do something else.

I'll buy Halo 5 too. I may think twice about pre-ordering it, but I'm sure as hell going to buy it because it looks fun. May not be true to the Halo formula or whatever, but it looks fun.

Please stop preaching about not playing broken games and all that. Let people play what they want to play.

Exactly, I'm here to play Halo, not send messages about consumer rights...

So much this. Go back and the frame rate is near unbearable now.

It really is, I also can't stand the 360 controller compared to the X1's. The looser sticks feel so much better.

Just played CE twice.

You're wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you go into the Team Slayer playlist wanting to play a specific halo, you're doing it wrong

(Unless Aus)

• Upvote (+1) 5

So how's the patch everyone? I've been moving so I can't play but wondering how the matching is going and if quitting is being punished, etc.

Also has Bravo said anything on Twitter? My phone won't load his tweets.

I just removed my rumbles. Makes the controller lighter too.

I do that too, it is very nice.

since the new patch i cannot see all of my friends in the MCC friendlist anymore, the actual XBL dashboard friendlist shows a lot more players in the game

its always the same people i cannot see in the MCC friendlist but in the XBL dashboard friendlist

does anyone know how to fix this?

some of my friends can see everyone in their MCC friendlist, so there must be a fix for this

i have 2 friends that also have this but also a few peope that dont have it :S

Is there a list of all the problems/bugs the game had on launch, and one updated with what remains 5+ months later?

Anyone?

since the new patch i cannot see all of my friends in the MCC friendlist anymore, the actual XBL dashboard friendlist shows a lot more players in the game

its always the same people i cannot see in the MCC friendlist but in the XBL dashboard friendlist

does anyone know how to fix this?

some of my friends can see everyone in their MCC friendlist, so there must be a fix for this

i have 2 friends that also have this but also a few peope that dont have it :S

This happens to me alllll the time. Any help to try and fix this would be great

So much this.  Go back and the frame rate is near unbearable now.

One thing I've noticed is that the difference between "real" 30 FPS and what we sometimes get can be very noticeable. For example, when I load up my original Xbox and play H1 or H2 on component connection on my big flatscreen, I know I am NOT getting when 30 FPS is supposed to look like. I don't know what the technical problem is, but it makes the transition seem a lot worse. Might be a problem with interlacing vs. p-scan. 

One thing I've noticed is that the difference between "real" 30 FPS and what we sometimes get can be very noticeable. For example, when I load up my original Xbox and play H1 or H2 on component connection on my big flatscreen, I know I am NOT getting when 30 FPS is supposed to look like. I don't know what the technical problem is, but it makes the transition seem a lot worse. Might be a problem with interlacing vs. p-scan. 

I don't think xbox or xbox 360 runs at 30fps it runs at 24.

If you go into the Team Slayer playlist wanting to play a specific halo, you're doing it wrong

(Unless Aus)

Apparently hardcore too.......

I'm sorry but fuck multi game playlists. Shits ********

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why in 2015 is it still possible to get SMG and AR starts in ranked playlists? Haven't we evolved past this as a species?

Vote Halo 1, problem solved.  :)