CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So I just met this guy on H3 and was talking to him etc. Asked Him did he play H3 on the 360. He did indeed play. Curious, I asked him 'What rank bro?'. His reply? 64. Yup. He was rank 64 on Halo 3.

Anyways we lost the game, I had 22 kills. And he finished with 1...

• Upvote (+1) 6

Everyone else think games are more laggy since the update? It was never this bad. Also I feel like H3 shot registration has gotten worse since the update...

So I just met this guy on H3 and was talking to him etc. Asked Him did he play H3 on the 360. He did indeed play. Curious, I asked him 'What rank bro?'. His reply? 64. Yup. He was rank 64 on Halo 3.

Anyways we lost the game, I had 22 kills. And he finished with 1...

You made me bump my head off the roof I lol'd so good

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm a little surprised. Wasn't expecting to play around 40 games, only lose 3 and still only be a lv 16. Even in H2C i'd be over a 20 for sure. But i don't mind the grind. I know i'll be getting a 50, and if it's going to be this hard to get, i'll enjoy it even more.

Don't be so sure. In halo 2 the system worked something like to get from 43 to 44 you had to win ridiculous 5 games to go up, but if you lost only one you would go down. They actually loosened the system with a patch a few months in because the highest rank on the leaderboards was around mid 30.

Now think about the fact that everyone at a level 40 will have won however many games in a row, and it won't be so easy.

Wish I could find the official breakdown on the Halo 2 ranks.

Yeah I'm 99% sure quitting isn't giving me losses. Multiple quits in a row on a low level didn't put me down at all. No bueno.

This is what happened to Halo...

Untitled.png

I do feel the same way as you I haven't even touched my xbox in months. After bungie left we got stuck with a short term profit driven developer who doesnt listen or care about its customers.

I haven't played a game on my Xbone in over a month. I feel bad even using it for Blu-rays, as that halfways justifies my purchase...

I'm glad to see that this latest patch has gotten some anger stirred up again, but it's quite simply not enough.

MCC is one of two things. An effectively unfixable mess, or a scam. It is not now, nor has it ever been, a working product.

The only effective solution would be to recall, rebuild, and relaunch. But not only do Microsoft and 343 Industries have your money, they've got you chasing the dragon with these so-called "patches". They don't have to do anything more, and they won't.

Just stop playing. Demand action. All of you.

Heck, if you know anybody with a lot of dough, look into legal action...

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm confused, I thought 3 playlists were going to be ranked, I still just have the one..

Genuine question: why are you guys playing MCC? All you're doing is showing them that its acceptable to release a broken game because people will play it anyway

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm confused, I thought 3 playlists were going to be ranked, I still just have the one..

That's odd, try hard resetting your xbox.

Genuine question: why are you guys playing MCC? All you're doing is showing them that its acceptable to release a broken game because people will play it anyway

I've lost my sanity since Nov 11/2013. I constantly log in, expect a different result, only to end up disappointed. At least it's been fun since ranks released and the games have been competitive despite the quit exploit (can anyone confirm if this even exists?)

I still enjoy going for clips in h2c

However the game does get boring very fast

I've lost my sanity since Nov 11/2013. I constantly log in, expect a different result, only to end up disappointed. At least it's been fun since ranks released and the games have been competitive despite the quit exploit (can anyone confirm if this even exists?)

Create an account for free on your xbox then get to a certain rank then quit 10 games in a row. Stop taking other people's word for it lol.

Create an account for free on your xbox then get to a certain rank then quit 10 games in a row. Stop taking other people's word for it lol.

Honestly, at this point I don't care enough to make a new account and find out. It's a miracle that I'm having a half decent time in matchmaking.

They are normal developers that makes sure their games are functional and technical problems are fixed in a timely manner. I don't think it's possible for any Halo fan to fully grasp how much we're being fucked over. 343 has labeled arguably the worst launch in gaming history with Halo, along with an unpopular Halo game before-hand, plus horrid community interaction all throughout. I still can't believe we got stuck with this company.

Bungie is god-like with their networking though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It seems like it exists for some and some it doesn't. I lose rank when I quit out of games. I tested it earlier when I played.

I did as I thought that was the issue. Didn't fix it..really weird

Bungie is god-like with their networking though.

Every Halo Campaign co-op over Xbox LIVE wants a word with you.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Every Halo Campaign co-op over Xbox LIVE wants a word with you.

Uhh I never had a problem with any of them except for odst. odst's was garbage because they tried a different networking tactic that just didn't work for first person shooters.

You know what bungie is actually better at than just about anyone? Finishing and polishing games. They're like the Blizzard of the console world. When they put it together it works 99.99% of the time and you'll hardly ever see a crash or a huge game breaking bug that doesn't get fixed nearly instantly. They have some gods coding for them that not many companies can measure up to

• Upvote (+1) 1

Played some HCS and had a nice little spree with the snipe. Too bad my team clearly had no idea what they were doing. I was a level 1 so its understandable but my one teammate was ACTUALLY a 1. Dude went 0-16  :trash:  :salt:

Yep, Halo 3 and all of its features worked flawlessly at launch. Went straight into matchmaking and grinded all night to a 46 with my cousin, messed around in Forge, recorded several clips, and updated my fileshare. I miss that kind of quality.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is MM not working for anyone else?  I've been searching for ages and it's not finding anything.  I QTB and still no change.

This just in. New patch 6 months in to AAA Halo game by 343i brings games lobby and party stability back to near launch-level broken status. A working game is not expected from the company before they release their next product to the public later this year. 

• Upvote (+1) 2