CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Yeah they've never lied before. Hey how about ranks doing stuff now guys? -insert rolling eyes emoticon here- cos forever on mobile.

Edit: reading that again is hilarious. "Codebase was new" assuming that means what I said; not finished Jesus Christ stop just letting devs spoon you bullshit, this is part of the reason we have mcc

Josh Menke knows what he's talking about. Was hardly apart of 343i. He created the starcraft ranking system which is widely reknowned as one of the best systems ever made. He knows what he's doing. He made the system and left. Not really apart of the core 343i team. I trust the guy. I don't trust quinn or any of those other fakes though. Only Ghost.

:ghost:  <3

• Upvote (+1) 2

Josh Menke knows what he's talking about. Was hardly apart of 343i. He created the starcraft ranking system which is widely reknowned as one of the best systems ever made. He knows what he's doing. He made the system and left. Not really apart of the core 343i team. I trust the guy. I don't trust quinn or any of those other fakes though. Only Ghost.

:ghost:  <3

Good to hear. Regardless I remain skeptical.

Yeah they've never lied before. Hey how about ranks doing stuff now guys? -insert rolling eyes emoticon here- cos forever on mobile.

Edit: reading that again is hilarious. "Codebase was new" assuming that means what I said; not finished Jesus Christ stop just letting devs spoon you bullshit, this is part of the reason we have mcc

You can hate on 343 all you want, but I can assure you that Joshua Menke knows what he's doing and I can back that up with various examples of ranking systems he's done in the past, discussions I've had with him, and this video I doubt you'll watch in its entirety. You don't have to, but just the fact that he can sit there for over one hour to talk about it should speak volumes.

And ultimately, what 343 does with the ranking system he designed is not up to him. You have to realize this much. He's not in charge of Matchmaking altogether, he's just making sure that people are ranked based on skill.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think you need to stop comparing TMCC to Halo 5, different dev team. Especially when it comes to ranks, Josh had no part to play in TMCC fail ranking system.

If you had read Josh's tweets or even people posting them in the Halo 5 thread during the beta you would see he loves talking about the ranking system Halo 5 has and how it works. Like others are saying he's the  :goat: .

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We're fucked so.

That's fine if you think that, opinions are OK.

All I want you to realize here is that Joshua Menke is the GOAT and is on top of his shit.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

All I want you to realize here is that Joshua Menke is the GOAT and is on top of his shit.

Well yea we both know that, but 343i could still fk up his system. That tweet makes it somewhat obvious that they could. It was fked up in the beta for sure.

Even Lebron couldn't win a championship in Cleveland 

• Upvote (+1) 2

as a solo player who get's teamed up with "real" rank 1's, gunna be getting my ass handed to me, need to wait like a day or 2..

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ranks with no party restrictions... These people are idiots

Imagine searching solo matching a team of 4 all 50s, and getting 3 random level 1s on your team. That will be fun...  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, I'm convinced that the only way to win games right now is to have a team of four. I keep getting teammates like HaloSpartanLoreFan69 on my team while the other team is full of actual HCS competitors that are in the same party.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah, I'm convinced that the only way to win games right now is to have a team of four. I keep getting teammates like HaloSpartanLoreFan69 on my team while the other team is full of actual HCS competitors that are in the same party.

Maybe wait a few days for the good players to rank up? That's what I'm doing. I'll be so rusty, I'd get spanked MMing right now. 

lol I could imagine searching solo matching against Evil Geniuses while on my team i get PizzaGuy49, BuffaloJoeSmoe27, and Spartan1337989.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am kinda convinced that searching in parties finds you with other parties, I got matched up with TO3/4's when I was in one as well

Well..at least last game makes more sense..that 1 Untouchable win makes up for my 3 other losses.

I do agree that matchmaking is much more fun and exciting this time. Whenever there's a rank on the line, I try my best to win. The system isn't flawless, but it's enjoyable now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Its unplayable alone. UNPLAYABLE

well duuuuh, it's exactly as you remember it. if you solo'd during the H3 days you were in for a bad time 

well duuuuh, it's exactly as you remember it. if you solo'd during the H3 days you were in for a bad time 

Not even I played alone a lot and at least I didnt have to deal with full parties Vs randoms in ranked. This makes no sense.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not even I played alone a lot and at least I didnt have to deal with full parties Vs randoms in ranked. This makes no sense.

yeah that would be pretty ********

I just searched alone in team slayer and then got destroyed in foundation smg starts, but wait how could it get worse?! The whole other team were all buddies and were all on each others friends list. 

Edit: Switched to HCS by myself...huge mistake. Honestly 343 you didn't even create the games and you some how managed to fuck it up this bad? Honestly you could have left out shitty H4 because lets face it...we don't care. 

• Downvote (-1) 1