CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Well then I wish I was with you on day 1..

I've never had a time where I couldn't connect to anyone and nobody could connect to me

Is there anyone from Australia/NZ here that is actually finding games in a reasonable time? Got on last night to try out the new patch and it took me 4 attempts of searching for 5-10mins and quiting the build before finding a game... Is the population too small in Aus/NZ now?

Arent there supposed to be ranks in hcs now? Wtf

In a perfect world yes but we are talking about 343s world, i give it until next week that is mid day today for them...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is the H3 aiming any better?

It's better, but still feels different to how is felt on XB360.

Ranks were supposed to be out yesterday and are not out yet? How are they this incompetent? They added ranks into Halo 4, a game that wasn't ever supposed to have them, faster than they can add ranks that were supposed to be in at day one

To anyone expecting ranks to actually come out "a day or so" after the patch  - you have some serious memory problems. Its 343. Nothing has ever been on time with this company. Its already been 2 days. Expect a few more. And don't expect ranks to come to Hardcore/CE anytime soon. I'm betting another 2 weeks at least for the rest of the playlists. We'll be lucky to get ranks in TS/HCS within the next 48 hours.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It doesn't matter they're never going to have a real ranking system where similar levels and party sizes match. Not even for Halo 5 either this was evident in this tweet...

Untitled.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

Is there a logical reason H2A isn't 4v4 at this point. It literally doesn't make sense.

I think that's how 343 believes standard Halo should be. It's pretty bad.

I think that's how 343 believes standard Halo should be. It's pretty bad.

No, they made it bigger to get more people into games when matchmaking was fucked. 

It's going to be 4v4 again soon.

No, they made it bigger to get more people into games when matchmaking was fucked. 

It's going to be 4v4 again soon.

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2

It doesn't matter they're never going to have a real ranking system where similar levels and party sizes match. Not even for Halo 5 either this was evident in this tweet...

Untitled.png

This philosophy is fine, as long as I don't have to abide by it. Give me a preference to search by skill. I'll wait for 10 minutes to get a good game and I'm sure most of the competitive players would. Casual players won't even care about their rank and just typically want to get games in as fast as possible. They wouldn't even change their search preferences so it wouldn't effect them. If I'm in the semi-pro division I don't want to play with or against people in bronze as it wouldn't be fun for either party. Let me have that choice.

• Upvote (+1) 2

:wutface:

:saucey:  :saucey:  :saucey:

Untitled.png

Quinn has a point. Pros and semi pros take up a very small portion of all players, if there aren't any other pros/semi pros to match against them of course it will math them up with whoever to save them waiting.

Plus this was during a beta, player count was low so they prioritised getting games fast over always matching you with the same rank.

When the game comes out and the population is high they have said they will allow games to take longer to search in order to get better skill matched games

• Upvote (+1) 1

I personally don't mind matching with pros because it is a learning experience. Git gud.

I imagine the problem is on the pro end because they never get stiff competition.

With each patch comes more problems. I've seen games load a map 4v4 and then last second someone joins making it 5v4???? I strongly encourage people to not pre-order Halo 5 until we know it works.

Its all good though.... we get Relic  :bravo:  :bravo:  :bravo:  :bravo:  :bravo:  :bravo:

Pro/Semi-Pro with/against Onyx/Gold = Cool.

Pro/Semi-Pro with/against Below Gold = Not Cool.

Also, it was a Beta.

As long as in the end, people are able to wait for a perfect team or the perfect opponents, seems fine for me.

pack it up boys ranks aren't coming out yet again today.

they are out lets gooo!!!!

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Untitled.png

So they're basically already saying that their game won't have any longevity 6 months before release? 

Nice. 

• Downvote (-1) 1