CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Team Doubles needs to be a permanent playlist. With ranks rolling out it is honestly a tragedy that it is being swapped out for Team Swat.

343 literally has no idea how to properly make playlists. No one likes rotational playlists but for some strange reason they act like this is what everyone is asking for.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

so do I set my xbox one back up or not?  Getting mixed thoughts on whether the patched worked or not

Wait a for them to introduce Ranks and see how it goes

343 literally has no idea how to properly make playlists. No one likes rotational playlists but for some strange reason they act like this is what everyone is asking for.

I just don't understand why they added a playlist people have been begging for since Day 1 as a rotational playlist. C'mon 343, did you really expect that to go well? 

Rotational playlists should be playlists like Swat, Infection, Griffball, Team Ball, CTF, Action Sack, and Ricochet. Those are playlists that people would play but not all the time (except maybe SWAT and Action Sack). They should be like the Double EXP weekend playlists that were in Halo 3. 

If Team Doubles has to be taken out, so that it get's fixed and have gametypes that has BR as priority AND Ranks, then so be it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If Team Doubles has to be taken out, so that it get's fixed and have gametypes that has BR as priority AND Ranks, then so be it.

I couldn't handle anymore VIP, seriously what is that gamemode..?

It was the first playlist where I tried to choose h4 just to get a rifle start.

Sad part is that it's probably gonna be gone for at least a month.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team Doubles needs to be a permanent playlist. With ranks rolling out it is honestly a tragedy that it is being swapped out for Team Swat. 

Competitively, I see your point. Casually, I don't.

Personally, I don't get why they just don't create a casual or social playlist and make everything else ranked. I guess if 343 is pushing Halo to be geared more toward competitive players, that's cool with me, but I doubt that's where the majority of Halo sales come from now and in the future. I really enjoy watching Halo competitively via Twitch, but when I play I want to play casually and quick games like SWAT, Team Snipers, Multi-team, and straight Slayer. I'd never choose to chase a flag or to arm a bomb, but King of the Hill is cool! I just want to have some fun with the gaming time I have.

I know this is a competitive site/forum and if I should take my thoughts to another thread another site, I'm good with that. I just wanted to speak up as a causal player that's still a Halo fan. I do dig this site and the gaming news coverage it offers and hopefully I didn't ruffle any feathers of competitive players here... not my intent. just giving my causal opinion. Have a great one!

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't think 343 believes that people want rotational playlists, but given the population they couldn't have Team Doubles, Team Objective, Team Snipers, Team SWAT, etc. Sure, Doubles should ideally be a standalone playlist, and they know that, but the disdain for the other rotational playlists would still be there.

No they act like they want you to hate MCC so that when h5 comes out you love it in comparison.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

so do I set my xbox one back up or not? Getting mixed thoughts on whether the patched worked or not

the game is playable

I just don't understand why they added a playlist people have been begging for since Day 1 as a rotational playlist. C'mon 343, did you really expect that to go well?

Rotational playlists should be playlists like Swat, Infection, Griffball, Team Ball, CTF, Action Sack, and Ricochet. Those are playlists that people would play but not all the time (except maybe SWAT and Action Sack). They should be like the Double EXP weekend playlists that were in Halo 3.

Infection is consistently in the top 3 or 4. Your statement suggests you are making a claim based on your personal bias and not the population counters.

Oh wait...

No they act like they want you to hate MCC so that when h5 comes out you love it in comparison.

I can see the tinfoil hat.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The population isnt there to have all the playlists we want even thougu they should have been there from the beginning. If they hadnt botched this whole game and launch we wouldnt have this problem of only 10k playing.

Personally, I don't get why they just don't create a casual or social playlist and make everything else ranked. I guess if 343 is pushing Halo to be geared more toward competitive players, that's cool with me, but I doubt that's where the majority of Halo sales come from now and in the future. I really enjoy watching Halo competitively via Twitch, but when I play I want to play casually and quick games like SWAT, Team Snipers, Multi-team, and straight Slayer. I'd never choose to chase a flag or to arm a bomb, but King of the Hill is cool! I just want to have some fun with the gaming time I have.

I know this is a competitive site/forum and if I should take my thoughts to another thread another site, I'm good with that. I just wanted to speak up as a causal player that's still a Halo fan. I do dig this site and the gaming news coverage it offers and hopefully I didn't ruffle any feathers of competitive players here... not my intent. just giving my causal opinion. Have a great one!

You being a casual player is not an issue in the slightest. In fact, I say this at least twice a day to my friends, that we want new and casual players in Halo. And you're definitely welcome on this site. :)

However, first and foremost, Doubles needs to be a permanent playlist. Period. Has always been a somewhat of a staple since Halo 1. Secondly, he also pointed out that with ranks coming out, it's a shame that Swat is being rotated in for Doubles. Doubles, next to TS/Social Slayer in Halo 3 was the most populated playlist for quite some time; thus, one of the most competitive playlist (I'll touch on the word competitive in a second). 

The thing is, SWAT/Snipers/Multi-team if anything should have their own separate permanent playlist because there are people, like yourself, that thoroughly enjoy themselves in those playlists. I've even read on waypoint people not playing until Doubles is in rotation. Same for SWAT. Same for Snipers. They're a bad idea. At least for pretty prominent game modes. Halo 3 had great rotational playlists. Like Double XP Valentines Day Weekend Doubles, Big Team Fiesta, etc. 

But also, when you remove those playlist coupled with not having ranks, you're going to go play something like Team Slayer. Now while Team Slayer may be fun for you in general, your matches are not going to be fun when you're playing against people like myself who have been playing the game competitively for 8-9 years and just stomps all over your teammates who have never played an FPS in their lives.

Competitive doesn't always mean MLG/HCS/etc. Tetris is competitive. Checkers is competitive. It's about matching "competition" -- the opposition, of equally skilled individuals.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Infection is consistently in the top 3 or 4. Your statement suggests you are making a claim based on your personal bias and not the population counters.

Oh wait...

Wait, is Infection a playlist in the game??

The population isnt there to have all the playlists we want even thougu they should have been there from the beginning. If they hadnt botched this whole game and launch we wouldnt have this problem of only 10k playing.

10K, I wonder how close that is to the actual number of daily players? It also seems like the latest update--even with ranks somewhat added--didn't stir much interest in the Halo community. Makes you wonder if the damage has already be done and a lot a Halo fans have moved on or are waiting to see what's up with Halo 5. I'm just torn at this point. I downloaded the update and played a game of ranked H2A with no hitches and nobody quit, but I didn't feel compelled to play another game after that. That's just not right.

Is it mid day yet there i really need me some new ranks and the skill/team matching tightened.

10K, I wonder how close that is to the actual number of daily players? It also seems like the latest update--even with ranks somewhat added--didn't stir much interest in the Halo community. Makes you wonder if the damage has already be done and a lot a Halo fans have moved on or are waiting to see what's up with Halo 5. I'm just torn at this point. I downloaded the update and played a game of ranked H2A with no hitches and nobody quit, but I didn't feel compelled to play another game after that. That's just not right.

Yea most of the people I know only care about ranked hardcore. But this games been a train wreck for so long im not surprised you and other people are still turned off even though ranks are coming. I also think a lot of people are done with MCC and just waitijg for H5 *cringes*

As I mentioned before, I'm a casual player, but if I played in a ranked playlist how does that work as far as ranking up? Here's my casual player scenario: I play several games and our team wins every time, but I go negative whether it's -1 or -10 will I ever rank up or do I need to be a positive contributor to the game? I know I should strive to be better, but I'm a .8 to .9 K/D kind of player... hence being a casual. Just curious how ranking works.

True, however I feel like Team Doubles is just a staple in the Halo Franchise online, whether you are competitive or casual its always appealing to just grab a friend and hop into matchmaking in my opinion.

Really no need to state if you are competitive or casual; we all love Halo; "competitive or casual".  Anyone is welcome to post here.  :D

• Upvote (+1) 4

Really no need to state if you are competitive or casual; we all love Halo; "competitive or casual". Anyone is welcome to post here. :D

I completely agree, i love seeing new members post, especially after they say they've lurked for a while.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I couldn't handle anymore VIP, seriously what is that gamemode..?

It was the first playlist where I tried to choose h4 just to get a rifle start.

It is the year 2015 and I still dont understand it.

I completely agree, i love seeing new members post, especially after they say they've lurked for a while.

Hell yeah.

• Upvote (+1) 1