CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

So I haven't posted in a while, been merely lurking for the time being. 

I tried downloading the patch, ended up going to matchmaking and sat at a "downloading latest matchmaking settings" for about 10 minutes and gave up.

I hard reset my xbox and it solved my problem with not finding matches.  Quitting the build didn't work. Don't get why it came about though because I was finding matches with a po3 last night.

I can't imagine the damage all of these hard resets are doing to the longevity of my xbox though. I still hate this Xbox dash. Hope they're just waiting on Windows 10 to make changes.

In the power settings of the Xbone, change the power mode from "Instant-on" to "Energy saving." It will take longer to boot up your console but the effect is the same as hard resetting your box. The instant-on setting is like putting the box into sleep mode, while energy saving turns it completely off.

Another thing I've noticed (at least with my box) is that I can't find matches if the Xbone's settings app is open, so make sure you quit out of that.

I'm amazed at how long it took for an update that as far as I can tell didn't really do anything other than tweak Halo 3. I still match full parties while searching alone and players way above my skill level with players well below my skill level on my team. I'm getting BXR'd while my teammates are running around spraying a SMG in a BR start game.

Just hit me. Since they are making the vast majority of playlists ranked, that is going to severely limit the number of playlists that people can play with guests. Unless they sign in with another Gamertag.

Thank you for that and well done! Imho, a little to much random kills (rather 1 min with awesomeness than 4 min with 3 min of fillers) and the music was kind of meh. But a ton of kudos for making this and contributing to the community. :-)

Thanks man, that's what we're going for. Don't take this as a real montage/project though, they're kind of highlights.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just hit me. Since they are making the vast majority of playlists ranked, that is going to severely limit the number of playlists that people can play with guests. Unless they sign in with another Gamertag.

It's 343. They'll make all playlists ranked and you can play ranked with guests.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It is on 3% after 20 minutes...and that with gigabit cable straight into the xbone. Just awesome.

The same way Battlefield 4 is made by a AAA dev. They have enough money and a big enough research group to know how much they can shaft the customer and get away with, I suppose?

Dice is actually still patching BF4 one and a half years after release and even after Battlefield Hardline was released. They delayed Battlefront 3 and  built a specific client (community test environment) to test game updates and actually listen to community feedback from CTE players.

Does this excuse the shitty launch?

No

But it's still better than 343i's strategy of saying "soon" until H5 is out and then act like MCC never happened.

• Upvote (+1) 6

My TV exploded today. Fuck my life.

Maybe it was telling you that this shit just isn't worth the hassle.

Was it a smart TV?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Quitting is still a problem. I hope the penalization is working, because I've played two games in a row with quitters and it's just not fun to continue. Hopefully when the ranks come out for the HCS playlist people will have something to work towards.

I take it back about the H3 updated shooting. It's better than it was, still no-way near as good as 360 though.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I take it back about the H3 updated shooting. It's better than it was, still no-way near as good as 360 though.

Well considering the aiming in H3 on 360 is ass............

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quitting is still a problem. I hope the penalization is working, because I've played two games in a row with quitters and it's just not fun to continue. Hopefully when the ranks come out for the HCS playlist people will have something to work towards.

I've been messaging all quitters letting them know about the new penalties.

I've been messaging all quitters letting them know about the new penalties.

I am still trying to figure out what the "new penalties" are, outside of ranked playlists of course.

What exactly are we to infer from this vague sentence in the community update: "All quits and betrayals are being tracked automatically, and action is being taken against offending players who commit these offenses more than what is considered normal behavior."

I would love to know what constitutes "normal behavior" in their eyes, and what action will be taken against "offending players."

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Okay, if my entire team quits, it the game going to penalize me for quitting too?

If so, that is idiotic. I'm not finishing a 2v1 against people who are already way better than me. It's a waste of everyone's time.

Quitters need to be matched with other quitters and have a huge fucking fat "Q" labeled on their player card to let others know they are filthy casual no thumb quitters.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well considering the aiming in H3 on 360 is ass............

Doesn't stop this being worse still....

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Also it was more consistent than people thought, a lot of people didn't know how to do it properly, even after years.

Quitters need to be matched with other quitters and have a huge fucking fat "Q" labeled on their player card to let others know they are filthy casual no thumb quitters.

So what you're saying is Australians should be matched with other Australians.

Already happening, buddy. And I'm sure the me and the 5 other Australians, still playing, both have 2 working thumbs and aren't too filthy.

I totally agree with this as well. Got excited when I saw people talking about how good the aiming felt, but after playing last night I can say, while it is an improvement, it's still doesn't quite feel right. I'm assuming that this is about as good as it's going to get, sadly.

Hopefully ranks will cause people not to quit because people are still quitting out of every game I play.

• Upvote (+1) 1