CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

How many MAJOR patches do you guys think MCC has left before Halo 5 is only focus?

Major patches? I wouldn't hold my breath. Since the last major patch in March (which finally allowed the game to be playable) 343 are for the most part washing their hands of this nightmare.

We will never get the game which was promised at 100%. Expect small fixes to minor issues for the next little while.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't think you understood my post at all. I'm saying I would quit out of H3 if it didn't work right because the game is a waste of time at the moment. Has nothing to do with noob stomping lol although I do agree with the sentiment assuming everything works

I don't think you understood mine lol. I was saying everything in general, nothing specific towards you.

The only social playlist is getting ranks. That only means they want to test them in the most populated playlist.

HCS is getting ranks as well and I imagine it is one of the least populated and is not "social".

Tried playing customs the other day but whoever was hosting would not get into the game about 1/4 of the time. We tried changing the host and we kept running into the same issue. Is this a common problem?

Am I the only one who thinks ranks for a cross game playlist doesn't make much sense? 

i dont get the appeal of cross game playlists in the first place

people always have their favourite title(s) and will be disappointed if the voting goes to a different game

the result is that lots of people quit out during the voting screen (which i assume will not count towards the upcoming quit penalty as you still leave the lobby, not the game)

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm so mad they are removing doubles. At this point the population isn't high and I get they don't want too many playlists but seriously what is one playlist going to do.

ITS TEAM DOUBLES! Such a classic gametype and it really fucking annoys me it's become a rotational playlist. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

From the CU blogpost: "We’re excited for this update, and we are hope you are too."

Also, am I the only one who totally forgot about Spartan strike?

I'm so mad they are removing doubles. At this point the population isn't high and I get they don't want too many playlists but seriously what is one playlist going to do.

ITS TEAM DOUBLES! Such a classic gametype and it really fucking annoys me it's become a rotational playlist. 

Where the hell did you hear that?

From the CU blogpost: "We’re excited for this update, and we are hope you are too."

Also, am I the only one who totally forgot about Spartan strike?

They totally stopped advertising it once they delayed it.

"Hey, we've seen you've put up with our shit and  been playing the only ranked playlist for the past 5 months. As a thank you, we will reset your ranks and tell you to go fuck yourselves"

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 6

It could just be me but I find aiming in H3 MCC 1000x easier and more fluid than aiming on H3 360. So I don't really care about all this dead zone talk

Same man. The 60 fps feels silky smooth, at least me. Suppose we're the  minority..............(11%) had too

1) HOLY SHIT I'M GONNA BE PLAYING RANKED HALO NEXT WEEK (Hopefully)

2) Good on them for not launching it before the tourney in case of any issues.

Wow.. Do you honestly believe it will make any real difference? If there are 8 people playing and they are at a wide range of skill will it somehow magically bring their skill to the same level so the scrubs don't quit?

• Upvote (+1) 1

My guess is 2-3, they will support it fully up until Halo 5 at least.

You call their half ass effort full support? It looks clearly as the beginning phases of mothballing to me.

• Upvote (+1) 5

How many major patches do you guys think MCC has left before Halo 5 is only focus?

I'd be amazed if we have more than 3 before the release of Halo 5

I'll be even because amazed if we get anymore after the release of Halo 5 since they will focus on that and pretend that MCC never happend

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seriously hope they fixed Host quit = ending the game, but likely the quit penalty is 343's version of that fix. 

I would laugh if after Halo 5 drops, they actually just shove MCC off to a group who...actually cares. And fixes the game in a week.

• Upvote (+1) 5

@@AkaDemiK. Well said. I understand they want to make sure ranks are fully working until they roll them out to every playlist and it makes sense to put them in team slayer as I imagine that is one of the most populated playlists but HCS? It's like they're blatantly insulting us and see us as mere sheeple, and I don't fucking blame them because there are currently 200k + preorders for Halo 5. What a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would laugh if after Halo 5 drops, they actually just shove MCC off to a group who...actually cares. And fixes the game in a week.

Like how 343 took bloom out of mlg settings for reach v7. It would be amazing if they let someone fix it who actually could. MCC is such an amazing idea, failed.

So the patch is coming next week and 3 playlists will be affected by the rank fixes a day or do after.....H2A slayer, HCS and Team Slayer. Three playlists that feature halo 2 anniversary. I am sick and tired of these muthafuckas only caring about the game they created in the collection. Rank the whole fucking game and if it works, everyone is happy and if it doesn't...at worst it will be like the current h2a playlist where ranks don't mean much, still there would be something to play for. I'm sick and tired of having to wait....how much longer must we have to wait to be able to play something that doesn't involve fucking h2a to fully enjoy this game? I'm sick and tired of the bias they have towards their own mediocre product.

At least the h3 forge is being fixed so mlg game types, grifball and other modes can be implemented of created by players.

It's been six fucking months and you're only going to rank 3 playlists to test the waters. Fuck outta here, you know if the system works or not....you knew the current h2a ranks mean nothing, but you kept them to force ppl to play your mediocre, easy mode br version of a classic halo game....and you know if the new fixes will work or not....rank the whole fucking game and cut the bullshit out. You can't keep forcing your shit down ppls throats and think they don't catch on to it. I don't want to play ranked h2a or Ts, they do nothing for me...HCS I'll play, but it's not a priority in this collection for me and many others.

I'm utterly disgusted...

I mean, I don't want to say I told you so... but...

- Improved skill-based matching in Halo 2 Anniversary Ranks

- Improved various rank-related bugs with Halo 2 Anniversary

- [insert other minor fixes and improvements]

"We've rolled out some improvements to the Halo 2 Anniversary playlist. We will continue to monitor the impact on the playlist and matchmaking process. After we feel comfortable with the system, we will look to implement the same system across other playlists in an update at a later date."

---------------

My gut as a product manager tells me that they will roll out some changes to H2A only for two reasons:

1) Consolidate the MM population so they can better analyze the impact of their changes and collect more data quickly.

2) They're not sure exactly how it will affect search times and don't want to butcher every playlist

3) They want people playing the "latest and greatest" and this is just another way they can force people to try H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So the patch is coming next week and 3 playlists will be affected by the rank fixes a day or do after.....H2A slayer, HCS and Team Slayer. Three playlists that feature halo 2 anniversary. I am sick and tired of these muthafuckas only caring about the game they created in the collection. Rank the whole fucking game and if it works, everyone is happy and if it doesn't...at worst it will be like the current h2a playlist where ranks don't mean much, still there would be something to play for. I'm sick and tired of having to wait....how much longer must we have to wait to be able to play something that doesn't involve fucking h2a to fully enjoy this game? I'm sick and tired of the bias they have towards their own mediocre product.

At least the h3 forge is being fixed so mlg game types, grifball and other modes can be implemented of created by players.

It's been six fucking months and you're only going to rank 3 playlists to test the waters. Fuck outta here, you know if the system works or not....you knew the current h2a ranks mean nothing, but you kept them to force ppl to play your mediocre, easy mode br version of a classic halo game....and you know if the new fixes will work or not....rank the whole fucking game and cut the bullshit out. You can't keep forcing your shit down ppls throats and think they don't catch on to it. I don't want to play ranked h2a or Ts, they do nothing for me...HCS I'll play, but it's not a priority in this collection for me and many others.

I'm utterly disgusted...

Why don't you go apply for a job at 343 because you obviously think you know more than the employees with bachelor/master degrees in this shit that make $100k+ a year.

I'm sure 343 would love someone with your skill set and knowledge that they apparently don't have according to you.

• Downvote (-1) 33

Why don't you go apply for a job at 343 because you obviously think you know more than the employees with bachelor/master degrees in this shit that make $100k+ a year

/s

To be honest a lot of people on this forum know more than 343 about competitive halo. Aside from the 343 pro team.

"We hired people that hated halo" - 343

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why don't you go apply for a job at 343 because you obviously think you know more than the employees with bachelor/master degrees in this shit that make $100k+ a year.

I'm sure 343 would love someone with your skill set and knowledge that they apparently don't have according to you.

Knowing how to program doesn't mean you know how to make a game.

• Upvote (+1) 2