CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

You're on a competitive halo site. No one is going to sympathize with this mentality (or at least they shouldn't). You should be able to stay alive long enough to understand what they are doing and how they are out playing you. None of us are utter scrub level (except @albatross).

Don't even need to be concerned with staying alive. Theatre is a wonderful thing (where applicable).

MCC works fine for me what's up with all the entitled whining on this forum? Yeah people quit, but 343 said they are implementing a system to stop that. You guys whined about doubles and they got a permanent doubles playlist. I got more than my money's worth from this gane and I gaurentee you did too. Going to the movies 4 times for $60 only gets me 8 hours of entertainment and MCC has given me 10x that for the same price.

I for one am pretty damn grateful that 343 made all the Halos on the xbox one on a single disk possible

Most of us spent $500 including the console because the game as promised honestly would be worth that much to us. Instead we were given shit. I'm still glad it exists but it's still a frustrating game to deal with. You have to coax it into working most of the time.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Leave it to 343 to completely demolish the legacy of Halo. The MCC imo has brought out the worst in the games involved aside from H1 and H4, mostly due to bad porting. (Even though no one likes H4, at least the gametypes are better than what they were on launch on 360.) They've proven to be good at remaking campaigns, and make COD clones. Although, their porting skills could be better.

Leave it to 343 to completely demolish the legacy of Halo. The MCC imo has brought out the worst in the games involved aside from H1 and H4, mostly due to bad porting. (Even though no one likes H4, at least the gametypes are better than what they were on launch on 360.) They've proven to be good at remaking campaigns, and make COD clones. Although, their porting skills could be better.

Their wallets are pretty portly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It never fails to amaze me how many super try hard 3.0 K/D ratio kids quit out every single time they are actually challenged at a game. Just played someone who got the first two cycles of rockets/camo  and proceeded to go up 10-3. Finally got situated, grabbed the OS and pulled off a nice play to steal the rockets after picking up camo. He eventually quit after the score tipped into our favor 15-11.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It never fails to amaze me how many super try hard 3.0 K/D ratio kids quit out every single time they are actually challenged at a game. Just played someone who got the first two cycles of rockets/camo and proceeded to go up 10-3. Finally got situated, grabbed the OS and pulled off a nice play to steal the rockets after picking up camo. He eventually quit after the score tipped into our favor 15-11.

It's pretty sad how often this happens.

Played team doubles last night. End up matching some kids with a high KD ratio. Game is midship neutral bomb. It starts up, we start putting shots cross map. They're both dead within 12 seconds. They quit.

Why even bother playing??

It never fails to amaze me how many super try hard 3.0 K/D ratio kids quit out every single time they are actually challenged at a game. Just played someone who got the first two cycles of rockets/camo and proceeded to go up 10-3. Finally got situated, grabbed the OS and pulled off a nice play to steal the rockets after picking up camo. He eventually quit after the score tipped into our favor 15-11.

happens to me all the time..

I'm either getting destroyed or I'm destroying myself...

If it's a fair game the opposite team is quitting quite often

It never fails to amaze me how many super try hard 3.0 K/D ratio kids quit out every single time they are actually challenged at a game. Just played someone who got the first two cycles of rockets/camo  and proceeded to go up 10-3. Finally got situated, grabbed the OS and pulled off a nice play to steal the rockets after picking up camo. He eventually quit after the score tipped into our favor 15-11.

That's why I love Dere so much, it's the ultimate comeback or get shutdown map. Lan'd some yesterday and came back from 10 kills down and won by like 13. Feels good man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

MCC works fine for me what's up with all the entitled whining on this forum? Yeah people quit, but 343 said they are implementing a system to stop that. You guys whined about doubles and they got a permanent doubles playlist. I got more than my money's worth from this gane and I gaurentee you did too. Going to the movies 4 times for $60 only gets me 8 hours of entertainment and MCC has given me 10x that for the same price.

I for one am pretty damn grateful that 343 made all the Halos on the xbox one on a single disk possible

https://youtu.be/WwlNPhn64TA?t=2s

I don't think 343 were the ones who ported the halos to MCC, they were mainly responsible for UI and networking which were the most broken elements in the game at launch and drove the population down.

I don't think 343 were the ones who ported the halos to MCC, they were mainly responsible for UI and networking which were the most broken elements in the game at launch and drove the population down.

You sir are indeed correct.

If you really think he says whatever he feels like and isn't just 343's mouth piece you're insane. He tells everyone as much as hes allowed to and it doesn't matter what human being is in his position. He calls no shots. If he were replaced the next man/woman would do the same thing. The issue rests entirely with the people who tell him what hes allowed to say.

My feedback isn't directly tied to the content of his updates, it's more about his ability to be effective. Just so you know where I'm coming from, I'll provide my feedback plus corresponding examples.

- Provides inconsistent customer service.

Ex: Post content updates, it's not uncommon for him to go silent (on twitter, waypoint, etc.) for hours and/or days. Yet, there are other days where he randomly answers community questions on twitter.

- Customer service is very reactive to respond to customer needs.

Ex: The bulletins stopped providing updates on the state of MCC. It took outcry from the community to get those back... In text form. As Community Manager, it should be a basic expectation to continue to provide status updates while your product remains broken.

- Ineffective at influencing process and/or organizational change.

Ex: The continuous updates about an update that is coming "soon." Based on feedback provided here and reddit (I'm not sure about GAF), he should be able to influence his peers and leadership that the content updates are ineffective and a change is needed.

- Ineffective and untimely communication.

Ex: All updates say the same thing, and come at different times of day.

In his defense, I also get the sense the different teams work in silos with minimal communication across the organization --which does not allow forr the Community Manager to be as effective as they need to be.

- Unable to establish and/or adhere to existing processes.

Ex: Updates come out inconsistently, different times of day and sometimes different days of the week.

- Unable to delegate tasks to meet deadlines

Ex: Since he knew he was going to be out of the country, he should have delegated his responsibilities to another resource (I.e. community update, daily communications, escalating issues, etc.).

Cc'ing @@Bravo so he is aware of my feedback.

Edit: I forgot to add:

- Brand management and social media usuage is inconsistent

Ex: Bravo's personal twitter should not be the source of updates or central point of contact for the community. This should be handled through the Halo twitter and/or waypoint.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Literally inbred.

1119222_o.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

Speaking of porting... They say they aren't able to port over custom games which is why we were only able to have AR starts in most of the H3 game types.... But didn't they port over the default things. I don't have experience porting games over, but a custom game type is just an instance of a game type, and a default game type is the exact same thing. So I'm not understanding why porting over BR starts for say "Oddball" when they had the dumb Team Ball playlist would be any different than porting over the default game type.

Things just don't add up, mostly because they won't release specifics on anything. I also don't think we are going to get a detailed report on what went wrong in the first place, because they are never going to get everything fixed in the game either.

Speaking of porting... They say they aren't able to port over custom games which is why we were only able to have AR starts in most of the H3 game types.... But didn't they port over the default things. I don't have experience porting games over, but a custom game type is just an instance of a game type, and a default game type is the exact same thing. So I'm not understanding why porting over BR starts for say "Oddball" when they had the dumb Team Ball playlist would be any different than porting over the default game type.

Things just don't add up, mostly because they won't release specifics on anything. I also don't think we are going to get a detailed report on what went wrong in the first place, because they are never going to get everything fixed in the game either.

I wouldn't trust 343 with anything I love. I have lost all respect and faith in the company and the future of Halo as a franchise as they have ruined it in my eyes.(Because my opinion matters) And after playing H5 beta I know it's not going to get much better in terms of gameplay. If you will excuse me, I am going to go play Oldschool Runescape for I am living in the past because I am scared of the future.

I wouldn't trust 343 with anything I love. I have lost all respect and faith in the company and the future of Halo as a franchise as they have ruined it in my eyes.(Because my opinion matters) And after playing H5 beta I know it's not going to get much better in terms of gameplay. If you will excuse me, I am going to go play Oldschool Runescape for I am living in the past because I am scared of the future.

I used to beg 343 for a shadowrun remake.. Now I'm begging that they never touch the series.

• Upvote (+1) 2

> Buys a product for $60

> Product continues to not function properly months after launch

> Consumers Voice their concerns and complaints

> Entitled Whining

• Upvote (+1) 8

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/10/31/343-industries-kevin-franklin-explains-how-halo-4-was-designed-for-esports/

I'm genuinely convinced Kevin Franklin is trolling in this interview, I can't accept that he actually thought Halo 4 had competitive potential.

Good God, that is disgusting. The fact that there was more discussion about Grifball than actual competitive mechanics is quite telling.

• Upvote (+1) 1

utterly disgusting.....nothing I despise more in halo than kids like that...hey are usually the ones screaming loudest post game "u got fuckin raped bro!!!"....god damn scrubs

• Upvote (+1) 4